Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

Would you be interested in participating in the Shadowstorm board battle?

Yes
4 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: New BB idea - Shadowstorm  (Read 13296 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
New BB idea - Shadowstorm
« on: August 28, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »
Ok, so in my continuing effort to try and get some more Board Battles going I have come up with another possible BB idea.  Won't lie...idea once again came from video games (and it will be pretty obvious what game...but not actually based IN the game or anything).

The year is 2215 and the world is in chaos.  Terrorism has reached an all time high as weapons and technology become easily accessible to just about anyone. The ability to mechanically augment (and some claim the ability to augment via nanites exists as well for those will bottomless pockets) oneself has led to dictators and terrorist cells funding/creating "superhuman" squads to carry out their policies of hate.  An organization that refers to itself as Shadowstorm (sometimes referred to simply as Shadow) has surfaced to combat this, led by a man known simply as Vildayvin who declared that this organization would "charge forth from the shadows to storm the bastions of evil men wherever they may hide".  Shadowstorm is a shadow organization, claiming no allegiance to any one country or ruler, is not publicly accepted by any of the world leaders but behind closed doors is considered to be one of the few things preventing the world from crumbling to absolute ruin.  You are a member of Shadow, recruited for your exceptional skillsets (whatever they may be).   You will never be thanked for your actions, 3/4 of what you do will never even be known to anyone but the highest members of the world governments.  Regardless your service is needed....now more then ever.  Are you prepared to enter the world of Shadowstorm and fight from the darkness for the good of humanity?

Ok pretty much you guys will be able to create a character that will be part of the GSA.  You will decide why exactly you were chosen to be recruited into the organization.  The GSA generally goes for members who excel at a particular field.   All GSA members are excellent soldiers but they (the GSA) prefer people with excellent secondary skills as well.   Are you a master hacker, able to crack through just about any computer known to man?   Maybe you are a master at stealth, able to infiltrate compounds and complete objectives without ever being heard.  Or maybe you are gifted with a silver tongue, able to talk down anyone or convince them to do whatever you want, simply through your gift of speech.

With augmentation (mechanically at least) being widespread, most Shadowstorm operatives are augmented in some form or other.  For the moment im not going to put any strict limits on what your augments can be, but i do ask that your augments fit in with your specialty.  ()Upon further thinking at work i've decided to recind this decision (no PC nano-augs), nano-augmentation will be available for your character. No real change other then you will appear more human then if you go with mechanical augmentation...so you will get to choose how "cyborg"ish you will appear) I forsee this BB possibly being something "similar" to the Epic BB in that you will be playing as well....superhumans.

Ok, well theres my idea, tried to put in enough info to give people at least a general idea of what will be going on and some simple character requirements.  Let me know what you guys think.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:05:21 PM by Jharm »
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
Re: New BB idea - Shadowstorm
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 03:58:19 AM »
This does sound like a good idea but i think if you go down the way of a world more similar to ghost in the shell it will pay off more. A little bit off topic question but has there been a cyborg bb?
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:04:38 AM »
sorry dont really know anything about ghost in a shell, and no there hasnt really been a cyborg bb

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »
I'm definitely interested. And while I'm trying to work up a char for Faidth's battle (not being able to use my dwarf until some time later kinda killed my creativity for that realm, but I'm not giving up!), I will definitely be making a Sniper/assassin if this one takes off.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 11:57:48 PM »
k glad to hear it Shadow Chorus, anyone else interested?  Also note I made a slight change in the description, nano-augmentation will be available for the players, so you will be able to decide whether you want to be mechanically or nano augmented (aka do you look like a cyborg or only have a few little marks from being nano-aug'd)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 09:23:42 PM »
ill give it til monday, if no one else shows interest ill close the thread

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 01:18:54 AM »
After playing Human Revolution and watching Texhnolyze, I'm completely down for it.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 12:50:09 AM »
After playing Human Revolution and watching Texhnolyze, I'm completely down for it.

well no idea what Texhnolyze is but DX:HR (Deus Ex: Human Revolution) is what actually gave me the idea for this BB suggestion.  Always been a fan of the Deus Ex series ever since the original came out but DX:HR definetely got me back into the series hardcore.  So it looks like so far got 2 people interested (not sure if Radobe's post was him showing interest or just a helpful comment).  Anyone else? would prefer at least 3-4 before we look at having a poll and possibly getting this thing going.

edit: Ok so looks like got 3 people so far interested, will see about getting a poll going for this then.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:54:33 PM by Jharm »

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 05:08:57 AM »
I am deffinetly interested in the bb. I have always been a cybernetics fan.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »
The poll for this has officially been opened. Please only vote Yes if you are actually interested and can commit the time to playing.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 10:14:05 PM »
well no idea what Texhnolyze is but DX:HR (Deus Ex: Human Revolution) is what actually gave me the idea for this BB suggestion.

In some ways, you're better off sticking with Deus Ex, as Texhnolyze can be a bit... well... slow paced; which is its only tunr-off. The intricacies as well as philosophical elements are partly inspired by Deus Ex in my opinion. This was the first deux ex game I played, as I hadn't played either the first one or invisible war. This game made me want to get the first two games, as well as want more to come out. Totally hooked on it. Just as sure that this BB is going to be fun.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 12:42:36 AM »
well the original Deus Ex is definetely the best, Invisible War had some changes i wasnt too fond of (universal ammo pool, changes to inventory management, couple other things) but original Deus Ex shares a number of similarities with DX:HR.  Also...did you sit through the entire credits?  Cause there is a video afterwards that especially for someone like yourself who hasnt played DX:1 it will be very interesting (hell even for ppl like me who HAVE played DX:1 it was quite interesting).

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 03:49:26 PM »
Actually I just got to Panchaea. The cinematic when everyone went crazy was pretty shocking, considering that I had the surround sound amped up pretty high.  I hope I won't have to fight Hugh Darrow or anything. I actually like that character.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 07:25:16 PM »
All i will say is a) there is an achievement tied to Hugh Darrow and b) you will be having to deal with him in a way (and i must say its a pretty awesome way).  Were you like me and had suspicions about Darrow for like 3/4 of the game?

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »
Actually, I didn't have too many suspicions for Darrow as I did for Zhao, or even David Sarif, considering how ambiguous he was with the whole private investigator thing. Considering that he's the godfather of human augmentation, he gave me that whole "like a boss" feeling. Sad news is that the game froze up for some reason, no matter how many times I reloaded the level. So I'm starting the whole game all over again. I got the augmented edition, so I haven't had the chance to upload the special code. I hope I get the longsword sniper rifle like the rumors said!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
http://deusex.com/facebook#

In Phase 2 and 3 (well, in at least one of the phases) you can download the Detroit ambient music as well as the music used for the "Icarus" CGI trailer from 2011 E3.  Also the OST is in works to be released as a stand alone project, you can follow the director Michael McCann on Twitter/Facebook to receive further updates on the progess.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »
and the OST for DX:HR is now available for pre-order (amazon is showing a Nov 2011 release date).  Also note that as mentioned in the recent announcement, Shadowstorm will be entering the character creation step shortly.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 02:03:21 PM »
Quick question: I'm not to familiar with the setting since I haven't played any of the games.  Is it a pretty simple thing to get a grasp of without playing?  I just don't want to be "that guy" when this starts up. XD

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:53 PM »
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex_Wiki
On the wiki there is an entire section for both mechanical and nano augmentations used in the Deus Ex series of video games (which i have gotten my inspiration from).  These are not the only ones you will be able to use (in fact I would like it it people come up with their own ideas as much as possible) but it should help you with figuring out what is available to you.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »
This battle has been APPROVED and the poll has been closed.

Jharm, you are now a Battle Master and are authorized to proceed with Character Creation. As you are also an Inquisitor, no Inquisitor will be assigned to you.