Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: Ascent Into Madness  (Read 31220 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: The Eye of Terror: Ascent Into Madness
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 01:13:58 AM »
The radiant warrior spins around as a massive surge in power is felt behind him.  His gleaming orbs focus on the beam of light that manifests in front of them, the Chaos within it clearly evident.

"This can't be good."

His gaze focuses on the Warp Elemental as Cameron rushes forward to try and raise the Space Marine forces on the radio.  Flying through the air he lands next to Mary, his gaze still focused on the spot from where the light appeared, even as he speaks to her.

"M'lady, what is it?  Could you tell what caused that?"

The Seraphims grip on his sledge tightens as a few possibilities cycle through his mind as he waits to see what Mary says.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
Kitharsis is physically jostled as the tainted wave of energy washes over him.  His walking meditation is abruptly cut short, the peaceful moment shattered by the explosive reminder of the current situation.

"We may have less time to prepare than we would have liked."  Soul Reaver states, with a once again hardened expression.  Kitharsis returns a nod before Soul Reaver sprints off to join Cameron at the communications device.

The bony wings on his back stretch out to their full sprawl.  With a yawn, the tiny skeleton mage still perched upon his shoulders stretches itself awake.  It would appear that his meditation nearly put his skeleton companions to sleep.  Any damage they accrued during the battle has mended itself.  An odd side effect, and one that he takes note of.

His wings flap, carrying him into the air.  He lands next to Cameron and the others, a gust of dry desert air accompanying him.

"That does not bode well.  What is our next move, Cameron?"

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 12:56:55 PM »
Mary looks to the Seraphim as he lands near her. She is quick to answer his question.

“I can’t tell what caused it, no. But I know it pulled energy from deep in the Warp. Far deeper than I’ve ever gone. Or care to go, for that matter.”

Mary had left the Everworld cloak with Danyael when she stood up. She now offers him a hand, even as she draws her mundane sword with the other.

“Sorry our moment got cut short. Maybe next time we’ll have more time.”

Cameron has meanwhile finally raised the Fleet and the other Chapter Masters.

“So you’re saying that came from the same location where the patrol was lost?”

Cameron pauses as he listens to the reply.

“No. Don’t send anyone there. Too dangerous. We have no idea what caused it. Hold position for now. I’ll have someone check into it.”

Cameron looks to Igtenos, who was standing to his right. He had been working on mending his armor, but snaps to attention when Cameron makes eye contact. Cameron doesn’t say anything, simply nodding at the assassin, who immediately replies.

“As ordered.”

In the blink of an eye, Igtenos is gone, leaving a faint afterimage where he stood. Cameron turns his attention back to the radio equipment.

-Elsewhere-

As Peterson’s vision clears, he quickly gets his bearings. He can feel his remaining flesh literally crawling as mutations attempt to take hold. He focuses, and the remaining organic parts of his body right themselves.

“That was unpleasant.”

Peterson can tell that Abbadon is no longer present. The daemon sword Drach’nyen, still clutched in his right talon, has fallen dormant. His eyes are drawn to the spell circle as he detects movement.

The lines formally written in blood are now scorched into the floor. The black bag in the center stirs, and a pale figure rises from it. For the moment, the figure is completely still. Peterson tenses. Was the figure standing before him Abbadon, or was it…

“You better let me know real fucking fast if this worked… cause otherwise I’m going to undo it.”

The figure’s eyes fly open. Red light washes over Peterson’s features. He grins.

“So it DID work. Welcome back to the land of the semi-living.”

The figure speaks, it’s voice strained. Although the pitch is different and it sounds a millenia younger, it is clearly the voice of the Despoiler.

“This is certainly going to be an adjustment. I haven’t occupied a vessel this young in a long time.”

Peterson studies Abbadon’s new form for a moment before speaking.

“Should we go test it out first, or are we heading straight for the main event?”

“We must reach the Spire. But there’s one other thing I must do first.”

Abbadon turns and makes his way to the massive computer in the corner of the office. It responds as he approaches, babbling at him in a dead language. Abbadon gestures and barks something in return. Far above them, at the top of the building, generators roar to life. Peterson can feel the building shuddering.

“What’s this?”

“Phase 2. It’s time to bring everyone home.”

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2016, 01:34:18 PM »
“I can’t tell what caused it, no. But I know it pulled energy from deep in the Warp. Far deeper than I’ve ever gone. Or care to go, for that matter.”

The Seraphims gaze focuses on Mary, a hint of dread in his tone as he speaks.

"So....only something truly insane and chaotic could have done that...."

His eyes shift back to gaze at the spot where the light appeared.  His voice lowers so only Mary (and Danyael) could hear him

"It would seem quite likely that Peterson has made a re-appearance."

He gazes up at the Spire as he ponders which direction Cameron shall send them in, especially if he has come to the same conclusion as the Seraphim.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2016, 12:57:29 AM »
--Elsewhere--

At the top of the office building that Abbadon and Peterson occupy, a massive transmitter activates . The unit buzzes and hums as huge amounts of power are fed into it. The noise is loud enough to make patrols all over the Chaos city stop and look around for the source, and those closest to the building can feel the ground trembling.

Cameron recoils as both the radio equipment and the radio in his helmet release a squeal of static and interference. The other marines also recoil, despite not being tuned into the same frequency. Cameron flips through screens as he tries to find a clear signal, but every channel he tries is the same.

“Something’s disrupting our communications. We can’t get a lock on anything!”

In the office, Peterson presses his clawed hand against the nearest wall, feeling the massive vibrations running through the building. The whole place feels like it could shake apart at any moment. Abbadon speaks a few more words at the computer again and it chirps in acknowledgement.

“This will just take a moment.”

Peterson steps away from the wall and looks towards Abbadon. He’s still not used to addressing an actual person instead of a voice inside his head. And this form that Abbadon has taken makes it even more jarring.

‘Take your time, really! I’m in no rush. Though if this building collapses, I might not be able to find you before you suffocate.”

Abbadon chooses to ignore this. Instead, the Despoiler places his hand on another panel beside the terminal. It lights up and the terminal makes a whistling noise. A recording begins to play.

A crackling noise bursts from the radio equipment. A familiar voice follows. The marines can hear the transmission over every communication channel they possess, but it is clear the message is not meant for them.

“Brothers and sisters. Acolytes of Chaos. This is Ezekyle Abaddon, the Despoiler. Warmaster of Chaos. Right hand of Horus. Leader of the Black Legion. And if you’re hearing this message, then I have fallen.

For some of you, this is coming as a surprise. Our ‘leader’, Ahzek Ahriman, formerly of the Thousand Sons, formerly exiled, brought to power through backhanded treachery, has betrayed us all once again. Despite the enemy being on our very doorstep, he failed to issue a recall order. He did this intentionally. What master plan of his he is enacting, I cannot be certain. But the accursed Adeptus Astartes, our weakling former brothers, have smashed through our defenses and now occupy our home, the Eye of Terror."

Cameron has been trying to contact the other Chapter Masters to no avail as Abbadon’s message is relayed. Finally, with no other option, he opens his mind. His eyes burn a bright blue as he reaches out to the other chapter Librarians.

We need to block this message somehow!

Peterson listens as Abbadon’s pre-recorded words echo through the empty office.

“You really had this all figured out, didn’t you?”

“Yes. I had a feeling that this would happen. And I have prepared well.”

As the message continues to play, Abbadon turns to face Peterson.

“We’re done here. It’s time to move.”

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2016, 01:21:39 AM »
Abbadon’s message continues.

“Our weak brothers are not alone. They are lead by a group of powerful warriors. The same warriors that destroyed Khronos at the Battle of Aldrean. I engaged them directly in combat, but if you are hearing this, then even my mighty, terrible power has failed me, and I have been slain. The rest of the Chaos Lords are missing. They either hide in the Spire with Ahriman, traitors to our cause, or they have been somehow waylaid by him. But we are defenseless. Even now our enemies make for the gates of the Spire. And still Ahriman does not call for the Fleets. He is waiting for them to get to him. Does he plan to join them? Bend them to his will? No matter. His plan is not the will of Chaos. It is not the will of Chaos to let our ancient enemy destroy our seat of power.

We will not sit and wait for Ahriman’s plans to come to fruition. For too long we have sat idle while his machinations bring us to ruin. It was his plans that lead to Khronos being on Aldrean in the first place. He knew that our youngest, most promising Lord would not wait. So he disposed of him and attracted these “Companions” to our home at the same time. And now they are here. And they need to be destroyed.

Summon your forces. Make haste back to the Eye of Terror. Flush these invaders out of our strongholds. Reclaim our kingdom. And as you do, know you do not fight alone.

Because if you are hearing this, then I have returned. The Great Gods of Chaos have restored me. And I will bring the fight to these warriors, and annihilate them. And then I will see Ahriman burn.”

The message ends. The lines of communication fall silent. And seconds later, as the Marine’s radio communications are restored, Chaos gates begin to open all across the planet. The Legions have returned.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:29:56 AM by Cameron »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2016, 01:59:50 AM »
“Something’s disrupting our communications. We can’t get a lock on anything!”

Then suddenly as if in response, the comms suddenly come to life.  With a THUD, the Seraphims large sledge slams into the ground as he releases his grip in surprise.

"No...how is it possible?"

They had defeated him.  Eliminated his foul, malevolent presence from the universe.  Hadn't they?  Moving closer to the equipment he listens to the words of the Despoiler, a scowl hidden behind his helm.

Abaddon has returned.  This does not bode well for us at all.

Then as the communication from the Chaos Lord comes to an end, Jharm begins to sense the flashes of power as Chaos Warp Gates tear open throughout the region, undoubtedly signalling the return of the vast Legions that the Despoiler was directing his message to.

They....we....were not prepared for this.  They will be overrun.  No....I won't let that happen.

Clearing his thoughts, the angellic warrior focuses once more as he works to connect Nethanya, the Council once more lending their distant aid to help his efforts.  This time it is seems easier, undoubtedly she was awaiting such an attempt.

Seraphim, we have pre---

Seranna, there is no time.  We have been played for fools here.  I was hoping perhaps only a contingent of our forces would be needed here.  That is no longer the case.  The entire might and fury of the Light will clearly be needed here.  I want everything and everyone prepared and ready....even the Colossi.

The Colossi?  Seraphim, are you sure?  They have been dormant for quite some time, their unbound fury has not been needed for many a year.

Yes Seranna, I am sure.  They may prove to be a deciding factor in what is about to happen here.

As you command Seraphim, it shall be done.  Everything shall be ready.  Light be with you.

You as well Seranna

Jharm returns to the events surrounding him, his focus turning once more to the Fire Elemental, the warriors right gauntlet stretching out, his large sledge whizzing through the air into his grip before once more resting on his shoulder.

"Lord Aileron, what is our plan of attack?"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:06:08 AM by Jharm »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2016, 10:10:54 AM »
"It would seem quite likely that Peterson has made a re-appearance."  Jharm surmises. 

Peterson will need to be dealt with, in due time.  There is so much danger here, in The Eye.

Cameron's communication device crackles and whines.  Kitharsis frowns.  The marines should have better equipment for such a mission.  He cannot fathom how-

“Brothers and sisters. Acolytes of Chaos. This is Ezekyle Abaddon, the Despoiler..."

Kitharsis's hands clench into tight fists at the sound of Abaddon's voice.  He listens to the apparent recording.  Some futile scare tactic used by the Chaos forces to break their will, surely.

"...Because if you are hearing this, then I have returned. The Great Gods of Chaos have restored me. And I will bring the fight to these warriors, and annihilate them. And then I will see Ahriman burn.”

Without time to process the last foreboding piece of the message, Kitharsis feels multitudes of Chaos gates tearing open across the planet.  That many gates will spew forth legions. 

He unslings his horseman's pick and rests the shaft on his shoulder. 

"It appears we have company."

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2016, 11:31:58 PM »
Soul Reaver listens in on the transmission, his mouth set in a thin, grim line.

So, Abaddon really has returned from death.  I will have to ensure it sticks next time.

He feels the buckling in space-time as chaos gates open throughout the eye.  However, he is already thinking rapidly, turning to address Cameron.

"It seems Abaddon is planning to use us as sacrificial pawns in an of internal power-play against this Ahriman."

He tries to remember what he knows of this figure.

"If I recall correctly, Ahriman is one of the mightiest sorcerers amongst the forces of Chaos, and the power behind the Thousand Sons Marines... and if he is in some way fighting Abaddon's forces, it might explain why we have not seen the Thousand Sons amongst them..."

He cocks an eyebrow as an idea presents itself.  He speaks to Cameron telepathically, so the other marines will not hear, for they would certainly not be amenable to his suggestion.

My guess is that Ahriman is the weaker player in this particular game, at least at the present time.  And we are caught in the middle.

As much as we have reason to despise him, there is a saying: 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'.  How likely is it that Ahriman would be amenable to a temporary alliance so that we can assist each other against Abaddon and Peterson?  It would certainly be in his best interests, and it would bolster our own forces against a possibly superior opponent.

He pauses before finishing the thought.

Or would we simply be exchanging one horror for a far worse one?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:24:03 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2016, 01:04:39 AM »
While Gulgrim paid little mind to the message as the recording played, he did make note of the fact that everyone else seemed to be preparing for a fight.

"We'z 'eadin 'fer a scrap? 'Ooz dis abby-don? Sounds like a propa git. We'z gonna krump 'im gud? I'z bloody itchin' fer a fight."

It seemed that Gulgrim was either supremely confident, or completely ignorant of the threat that Abaddon posed. Potentially both. But despite this, one could almost feel the sudden shift in his demeanor. At the prospect of a fight, especially a dangerous one, approaching, the oafish, idiotic-seeming Warboss who had just been searching for a trophy disappeared. His grin became less jovial and more sadistic, his massive fingers drumming expectantly on the hilt of the kutlass at his side. His posture straightened, and he pulled the slide on his massive shoota with a single hand. The occasional spark of jade-colored lightning around his form betrayed the building power welling up inside the greenskin.

It was a return to the stance of the Warboss who had been so very eager to get into a fight with the possessed Soul Reaver. When the chaos gates begin to open, the green lightning flares up around his frame, forming an arcing aura of menace.

"Alright. 'Ere we go. 'Ere we go. 'ERE WE GO. Gimme somefin' ta smash!"

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2016, 01:08:12 AM »
Everyone's responses mirrored Danyael's own, though no words came to reflect the gravity of the situation. As Mary stood, he too took to his feet, his hand in Mary's, as his eyes watched the energy influxes through his altered 'sight'. There was no beauty in what he saw. Only wild, untamed taint.

"Sorry our moment got cut short. Maybe next time we'll have more time."

He nodded thoughtfully, though his eyes were still transfixed into the ether. His hearing picked up the conversations of the other companions and he finally forced himself to look away. And then he heard the message. His teeth gritted beneath his lips as his grip around Mary's hand tightened. Through grinding fangs, "That fat fuck still lives..." he snarled only for his focus to snap directly to attention in all directions as Chaos gates snap open.

His connection to the world allowed him full access to it from every cardinal point. And all across the planet could he see that there was no place where the gates wouldn't open. They were, in fact, everywhere! In his free hand, he clutched the sheathed Yamato and the Everworld cloak was suddenly swathed back around him as it spread menacingly from behind. His breathing became heavy, short and rapid from the prelude of what was to come. He kept his stance, but fought the distraction. "They're everywhere. Everywhere." the first claim came in anguish, while the second one came in a strain. A deep breath centered him again and he regained composure just in time to hear Soul Reaver's recommendation alongside the Orc Boss' battle prep.

He tried not to glare toward Soul Reaver, but something possessed him to do so anyway. Silent animosity hardening his once emotionless facade. As if the companions didn't have enough enemies, Soul Reaver now presented this new gamble. He snapped his stare away, the unknown influence cast back into the recesses of his core. Watching Gulgrim prepare himself gave him thoughts of his own. The warboss was a force to be reckoned with, true. But this was not to be their greatest battle. And a tank like this one would be ready to deal the greatest damage in the spire. He thought to advise the warboss, but opted to keep to himself instead. Better to let the titan do his own thing and keep distance.

"Time's short." he said to Mary. "Staying here delays us, but not addressing this," he tips his chin to the portals, "will cost us more." he wanted to take defensive measures, but made no motion other than to keep himself between the portals and Mary. A telepathic tendril reached out to Kitharsis at the same time. What are your thoughts, brother? Do we fight? Do we run?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2016, 11:04:59 AM »
Kitharsis responds to Danyael's voice in his head. 

We must fight.  The question is which direction to lead our attack.  The marines will be wiped out if they do not have reinforcements.  But if we focus on the fodder, Abbadon and Peterson will be given free reign to move forward with whatever plot they are enacting.  This Ahriman, whoever that may be, has yet to show themselves.  Either way we move, we turn our back to another threat.  Yet sitting still ensures certain doom.

Kitharsis shakes his head, visibly frustrated with the situation.  He counts in his head how many skeletons he has littered around.  Barely enough to fill out a platoon, discounting the bare minimum to man his ship.  Creating more of them here is an option, but the energy might be better spent on battles to come.

After a pause he responds to Danyael, I trust Cameron's lead.  I will support him however I can.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »
Sepher listens as jharm and cameron speak about the seraphim. Great. Jharm had been with him for a while, but new angels might not be so accepting of his powers. He shook his head a bit and turned back to watch the spire, still listening to the exchange with Igtenos and the new Master captain, with Cameron.

After a few moments he turned back and listened to jharm report that the armies of the seraphim were mobilizing to move with the space marines. He thought for a moment and briefly considered what was at his disposal, but decided summoning daemons was a distinctly bad idea.  He braced as there was a sudden jolt of power that hit him along with everyone else, and he frowned, looking back in the direction it came from the large beam of light very ominous. He looked to jharm for a brief moment before moving to join cameron as her tried to raise the fleet and chapter masters.

Sepher suddenly jumps as a loud squeal emits form the communicator, and he spins to face it, frown still on his face as he awaits cameron's orders. His fists clench as he listens to the message, and as the message end and portals open his head whips around to glare at the portals.

With a sigh, he held his hands out. His bracers of silver crimson metal apeared to melt and form into a long, single edged spear in his hands, he shouldered it and looked to Cameron.

"What are the orders, boss?" he asked quietly

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »
Cameron does not initially respond to his companion’s messages. As Abbadon’s message ended, communication with the Fleet and the ground forces was restored. Cameron is currently trying to parse the sheer amount of information coming in from his allies. It is Soul Reaver's message that finally cuts through his thoughts. He pauses for a moment, before replying telepathically.

That is all the more reason why we need to make all haste for the Spire. If Ahriman has turned on his dark masters, he may be willing to negotiate a deal for his safe passage. But he certainly won't be willing to do anything if Abbadon and Peterson are already at his throat.

He then turns to Sepher and speaks.

“Same as before. We move on the Spire.”

The ground forces and the Fleet are being attacked simultaneously. Chaos warships had arrived at the same time as the Chaos gates opened on the ground. The ground forces are now requesting a rally point. And soon, one comes. The voice of Lord Dante, Chapter Master of the Blood Angels, uts through the din with authority.

“All Imperial forces, fall back to the city. We will use the buildings and terrain to our advantage. The enemy outnumbers us greatly, so we cannot afford to fight in the open. Fall back now!”

Cameron frowns. That will not do. That is exactly what Abbadon wants. And he will not have it. Cameron swiftly grabs the radio receiver.

“GREY KNIGHTS! BELAY THAT ORDER!”

When the order came from Dante, all of the Marines occupying the courtyard with Cameron and the companions had started grabbing weapons and packing up to move. Now, as Cameron shouts his command, those bearing the Grey Knights livery hesitate. They turn to their Chapter Master, awaiting clarification. Dante’s voice comes back over the comm channel.

“Lord Aileron. We are heavily outnumbered. We will need all of our forces if we are to-”

Back in his days as a Blood Angel, Cameron would have never dared to cut off the legendary Lord Dante. But extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

“With all due respect, Lord Dante, we don’t have time for this. Abbadon and his lackey are probably heading for the Spire as we speak. We cannot fight both him and Ahriman at once. We have to get there and deal with him before Abbadon does.”

Dante is silent. Cameron continues.

“Abbadon wants our plan to fall apart now, when we’re so close to the end. But we can’t allow it to. We can still win the day, but we have to stick to the plan. Strike Team and Grey Knights to the Spire while the remaining Imperial forces keep the outside secure. That is the plan!”

Dante speaks again.

“I do not know how long we can hold out without reinforcements.”

Cameron responds.

“Then you will have reinforcements.”

Cameron turns to Jharm.

“Now’s the time. Summon your forces.”

Cameron then speaks through the comm-link again.

“All remaining Grey Knight forces, form on my position! We are moving on the Spire!”

The Grey Knights respond. They ready their weapons and move to surround their leader, even as the Marines of the other Chapters rush from the courtyard and back towards the city below.

--ELSEWHERE--

Peterson stands on the roof of the building that holds Abbadon’s remote office, surrounded by radio towers and equipment, surveying the city. He can hear the sounds of combat and the screams of the dying all around him. He grins.

“Good job, Abby. This place was way too quiet before.”

Abbadon speaks from the shadows behind Peterson.

“Don’t call me that.”

“Why? I think it’s fitting.”

Abbadon is about to respond, but is distracted by a very close power surge.

“Something’s coming.”

Seconds later, a cloaked figure drops almost silently on the roof next to the two agents of Chaos. Peterson grins.

“Oh, hello. Don’t bother hiding. I can see you. Do I know you?”

The figure moves closer, allowing his cloaking shield to drop and reveal himself. He speaks from behind the metal mask covering his face.

“No. You don’t. But I don’t think introductions will be needed.”

Peterson laughs.

“Get a load of THIS guy, Abby! So serious. Like he just came out of an action movie.”

Abbadon steps from the shadows. The masked figure’s eyes widen.

“You… this… this isn’t logical.”

Abbadon stares at Igtenos.

“So Aileron completed his little project after all. Leave it to him to build a copy of a bioweapon to use as a subordinate rather than simply trust one of his friends.”

Igtenos narrows his eyes at the Despoiler as he falls into a fighting stance, metal plates locking into place beneath his uniform. Two long blades eject from his arms and into his hands. His long grey hair falls over his face.

“I do not know what you’re referring to, but it’s irrelevant. I have recorded 952 kills since arriving on this world. I am here to make that number 954. There is little need for further discussion.”

Abbadon looks to Peterson, who is now grinning wildly.

“Go ahead. Oblige him.”

Peterson's chains move like a whirlwind as he shifts his weight to strike.

With pleasure!

The metal abomination formerly known as James Peterson lunges forward in a blur of metal and green fire.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:25:41 AM by Cameron »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2016, 09:46:22 PM »
“Then you will have reinforcements.”

Cameron turns to Jharm.

“Now’s the time. Summon your forces.”

The Seraphim nods crisply and moves back a few paces as he focuses inwardly once more.

Seranna, it is time to begin!  Have the Voice Caste and the Serallia lend their strength to you.  When I provide you with the focal point you must punch through the Chaotic energies of this place so that the portal creation can succeed.

As you command Seraphim.  We await your signal!

The angellic warrior turns his attention back to the Fire Elemental.

Lord Aileron, all that I need is the assistance of Mary at this point.  Her command over the Warp should allow us to create an entry point for my people to punch through to get them here.

Jharm awaits Camerons resonse, his power growing within him as he clearly prepares himself for what will happen next.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:49:28 PM by Jharm »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2016, 10:09:39 PM »
Cameron nods and turns to look towards Mary.

"Mary. We need you."

Mary reluctantly lets go of Danyael's hand and leaves his side. She raises an eyebrow as she approaches.

"Glad to see my services are still welcome, but you're gonna have to give me something specific."

Cameron glances at Jharm before replying.

"Jharm is trying to provide us with reinforcements. But they will need guidance to arrive through the Warp."

Mary nods.

"Of course. That's not going to be easy, but I'll give it a shot."

Mary turns and walks a short distance away. She sets her feet in a wide stance and reaches forward concentrating. There is a flash, and her hands disappear into what appears to be a fold into the fabric of reality. She grabs both sides and pulls.

A few moments later, there is a tearing noise, and her persistence is rewarded. A warp gate lies open before her. This gate has no destination. Warp energy threatens to spill out into the physical plane, and Mary can feel beasts and forces of Chaos gathering, drawn to the opening.

"This isn't going to stay stable. I hope your friends are ready."

Mary extends her arms straight ahead with her palms outward, one hand behind the other. Energy builds within her. She focuses, and a beam of pure energy explodes from her hands and through the warp gate. It disrupts the gathered energy and drives the encroaching creatures back. Mary is obviously taxing herself to keep this up, so time will be limited.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2016, 11:07:43 PM »
The Seraphim watches as Cameron and Mary converse.  As she rips a tear into the Warp Jharm moves over, his body beginning to glow brightly as he places a hand on the Warp Elementals shoulder.  She can feel the holy power course over her, mingling with her own light and flaring inside the Warp even brighter

Seranna....now! Focus everything on the beacon!

Everyone in the immediate area can sense a growing power  where Mary and Jharm stand, but it is clear that it is still unstable.  The utterly chaotic nature of the Eye seems to slowly be winning out when suddenly 3 figures, translucent and almost ghost-like in consistency appear.  They each raise their right hand towards the tear for a moment as more power flows into the connection until suddenly the gate seems to collapse for a brief second before a large portal, glowing a soft white light appears.  The Seraphim falls to one knee as the Council cease their efforts and seems to silently fade away.  A moment later a woman and a man emerge from the gate, both bearing wings similar to the Seraphims. 

Long silvery hair shimmers and flows around the womans head as twin orbs of light gaze at her new surroundings.  A long staff seemingly of pure gold rests in her hand, angellic runes of silver run up and down the length, pulsing ever so faintly as the diamond secured at the top similarly pulses with a slowly fading light.  Her skin is the same as Jharms, almost like pure undriven snow.  Her slim but muscular figure is protected by a suit of gleaming white plate armor, every inch of the armor seemingly crafted to her exact shape.  The man next to her looks similar to the Seraphim except for two noticeable differences.  His entire head is bald...and where his glowing eyes should be is a simple band of silken white cloth.  His apparent lack of sight does not seem to impede the man though as his "gaze" slowly moves over each of the companions as if looking at them normally.  He pauses as he looks upon Sepher and Soul Reaver but is distracted by a slight gasp from the woman next to him as she moves to Jharm

"Seraphim!"

Raising an armored hand, the Seraphim dismisses the concern in the womans voice.

"Worry not Seranna, I am fine.  Simply taxed from what we just managed to do."

The blind Seraph moves over to the Seraphim and thumps his right fist over his chest.

"Seraphim, the Vanguard Caste is fully assembled and simply awaits for the command to enter the portal."

Returning the salute the Seraphim slaps his hand down on the other mans shoulder

"That is excellent to hear Serallia.   Their might is in desperate need here.  Have them start coming through at once and form ranks with the Space Marines."

He gestures at one of the power armor clad figures as they head off towards the city.

"It is imperative that they hold back the forces of Darkness from reaching here.  You and Nethanya shall command them out here while I take a contingent with us into the Spire."

Giving another salute the man turns and moves back through the portal as Jharm steps up to Nethanya.

"Nethanya, have some of the Voice Caste remain here to strengthen the gate and ensure that it remains open.  The rest should be interspersed through the ranks of both groups."

"Yes Seraphim, as you command."

The woman salutes and moves through the portal as well.  A moment later armored figures begin to pour through it.  All are clad in suits of plain (in comparison to Jharms at least) white and gold armor.  Most seem to be armed with shining longswords and large shields, others carrying longbows seemingly made of some kind of white wood.  Leading the units are Seraphs in finer looking armor, white feathered wings on their backs.  Taking to the air they hover a short distance above the units and begin to shout commands in a language none of the Companions can understand, the soldiers seeming to follow what is said with exacting precision.  Squares form, the shield bearers in the front and the bow wielders protected in the back, each group marching in unison towards the direction of the city.  As the soldiers continue to pour out of the gate, some remain behind.  Armed with golden staves they must be the Voice Caste the Seraphim spoke about.  Some move to the gate and begin to focus their power into it, ensuring that it remains stable and open, while others move to join the advancing units. 

A group of them however move off to a larger open area.  Standing in a very large circle they begin to chant softly in their native tongue.  After a minute a faint ethereal image can be seen and then begins to solidify quickly.  After another minute a towering figure, standing 6-7 stories tall and looking almost like a towering Seraph crafted of pure white marble, the eyes made of immense glimmering diamonds. Without any command seeming to be given the "creature" steps over the circle of Seraphs and begins to move towards the city as well, the sound of grinding stone as its limbs move, each footfall shaking the ground.  From within the gate both Nethanya and the blind Seraph re-emerge, the woman moving to assist those bringing in the large golems as the man turns to Jharm once more.

"Seraphim, your orders have been followed.  Other then those remaining behind to protect against any incursions by the Darkness, all armies are moving through the gate as we speak.  The Voice Caste is bringing many of the Colossi through as well."

"Excellent, well done Drayven.  As I explained to Nethanya, you two shall be in charge of the defense forces while I take a detachment inside.  We shall keep in contact to ensure both groups remain reinforced.  We can not fail here, otherwise I fear the Darkness could gain an insurmountable victory in this universe."

Thumping his fist over his chest Drayven bows to the Seraphim.

"We shall not fail m'lord.  The Light shall win out this day!"

He turns to face the advancing Seraph forces and raises his sword in the air, his voice somehow seeming to magnify in volume.

"FOR THE LIGHT!"

A loud cheer rises from the Seraph ranks as the Serallia takes to the air and flies over their heads towards the ongoing battle.  Jharm turns back to Cameron finally and nods towards Mary

"I thank you for your assistance m'lady, I do not think this could have been done without you.  Lord Aileron, the Seraph forces will work to bolster the Space Marines.  Hopefully between the two armies they can hold back the tides of Darkness so that we can reach our goal."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:09:33 PM by Jharm »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2016, 02:14:31 PM »
So it is onward and upward to the Spire.  Kitharsis cannot help but look back at the city behind them.  Sure, reinforcements will hold off the advancing Chaos legions, but Peterson and Abbadon are a different story.  Kitharsis cannot help but be concerned.

Mary and Jharm tear open a glowing portal.  Those of Jharm's kind stream through the gate.  The Seraph appear to be a force to be reckoned with.  Kitharsis gives respectful nods to any that meet his gaze.  He gives an appreciative grin to the hulking marble Seraph creatures as their thundering footsteps shake the ground.

"FOR THE LIGHT!"  Drayven bellows. 

The resounding cheer returned by the Seraph forces is inspiring.  Perhaps the tides of war have shifted in their favor once again. 

"May the sacrifices of your people be few, Jharm."

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2016, 12:57:07 AM »
Cameron nods and turns to look towards Mary.

"Mary. We need you."

Mary reluctantly lets go of Danyael's hand and leaves his side. She raises an eyebrow as she approaches.

Upon hearing the command, Danyael loosed his grip at the very instant Mary did. He cared for her, loved her, but would not smother her. But he hated to watch her go, even if his now emotionless facade masked it easily enough. He could deduce that whatever she was needed for was for either one of two things: either she was going to be needed to impart guidance as the future version of Mary or she was going to be called on for her warp-affinity abilities. And when she performed the latter, the nephilim knew all too well that the possibility of draining her was well within the realm. And as Mary and Jharm open a portal to what might be the Seraphim's realm, he held a glint of curiosity. And in that curiosity, an idea of his own.

As the titan Seraphim constructs lumbered into the front, he felt the land quake around him with such vivacity that he could attain the sensations of being very much connected to the land itself - in spite of the land being, for all intents and purposes, dead. He could feel the power of the gargantuans and the sudden influx of power as they made their way into the world from the warp. In that moment, he catches glimpse of Kitharsis' nod and returned it in kind.

"Excellent, well done Drayven.  As I explained to Nethanya, you two shall be in charge of the defense forces while I take a detachment inside.  We shall keep in contact to ensure both groups remain reinforced.  We can not fail here, otherwise I fear the Darkness could gain an insurmountable victory in this universe."

And if it does, then it will face the Imperium Sanctus, Danyael snarled within his own thoughts, though he knew all too well that with such power as what Jharm had brought forth into this realm that intervention by the Imperium was not a necessity. If anything, intervention should be limited as much as possible to the high sovereign himself.

Thumping his fist over his chest Drayven bows to the Seraphim.

"We shall not fail m'lord.  The Light shall win out this day!"

He turns to face the advancing Seraph forces and raises his sword in the air, his voice somehow seeming to magnify in volume.

"FOR THE LIGHT!"

A loud cheer rises from the Seraph ranks as the Serallia takes to the air and flies over their heads towards the ongoing battle.  Jharm turns back to Cameron finally and nods towards Mary

"I thank you for your assistance m'lady, I do not think this could have been done without you.  Lord Aileron, the Seraph forces will work to bolster the Space Marines.  Hopefully between the two armies they can hold back the tides of Darkness so that we can reach our goal."

A hand touched Mary, and for a moment it feels like Danyael's. But Danyael is several arm lengths away, revealing in fact an echo of the nephilim lord. Without a word, the echo took a deep breath and poured its energy into her, returning some of the replenishing a generous portion of the energy Mary provided Danyael. That's twice Mary had been forced to drain herself in under a day. Despicable. But he knew the risks. He knew that she knew the risks. It didn't mean he had to like it. And it most certainly didn't mean he had to accept that she had to lay down and take it. And so if people expected her to just give all of herself, then he would give of himself for her. After all, it was because of her that he now had plenty of power to spare.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2016, 01:40:57 AM »
"May the sacrifices of your people be few, Jharm."

The Seraphim turns to the Tirthandaran as he hears the comment.

"I appreciate that, but we both know what it is they march against.  That said...this is what we Seraphs were created for.  Though they may fall they know that they go to rejoin with the Light and be born anew."

As the two converse, formations of the Seraphs begin to remain behind, forming up in defensive positions around the entrance of the spire, some of the Towering Colossi interspersed amongst them, their large gem eyes gleaming in the hellish light of the Eye as they silent face out in the direction any enemies would come.  Nethanya lands near Jharm but waits until the Seraphim turns to her before she salutes him.

"Seraphim, per your commands some of our forces have formed up here to ensure the armies of Darkness do not follow behind you and your friends."

Returning the salute Jharm gazes over the area at the forces before him.

"Excellent, well done Seranna.  I shall take the 1st and 7th Legions in with me as well as a Colossi detachment.  There are Chaos forces we have not encountered yet and Lord Aileron suspects, rightfully so I might add, that we will find them within."

The female Seraph nods her head in agreement.

"Excellent choice.  I shall have them prepare to follow you at once."

She then salutes and flies off to carry out the directions as Jharm turns his gaze back towards the entryway of the Spire.