Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Board Battle wiki  (Read 27171 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
The Board Battle wiki
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:46:28 PM »
Well, it was suggested in another thread that maybe a wiki should be created for the Board Battles and so....here you go....

(Please see below the rules for the link to the wiki.)

Pretty bare bones right now so feel free to put up any suggestions as to stuff you want to see on it, or even better join the wiki and start editing and what not. 

UPDATE (07/21/14)
Since it sounds like people are interested in the Wiki seeing activity again, I feel it would be best to lay some groundwork for some basic rules in regards to activity on/with the wiki.  By posting/editing on the wiki you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the below rules.

RULES FOR THE WIKI

1) If you wish to participate on the Wiki please create a profile and join the wiki.  This is in place to better track/monitor who is editing what, and also hopefully prevent/reduce vandalism.

2) DO NOT post character concepts or unapproved characters on the wiki.  Only after a character has been approved for use on the boards is it authorized to be added onto the wiki.  Any violations will be deleted.

3) DO NOT edit other characters information.  If you feel a characters information is wrong/misleading/etc. then please contact the owner of the character or the Administrator/Inquisitors to look in to it.  Any signs of "trolling" or otherwise troublesome edits made to a character not your own will not be accepted.

4) Authorized character sheets on the Administorum trump any and all character info on the wiki.  What this means is that if a character suddenly starts using XYZ power and claims "it says he/she/it has the power on the wiki" but said power is NOT listed on the approved character sheet, then the power is not allowed.  Extending character backstory and further explaining a characters (approved) powers is more then acceptable though.

5) At this present time the Board Battle Wiki is for the Epic Board Battle "storyline" only.  Due to the possibility of many "side" battles running and the multitude of characters involved in said battles as well as the general "volatility" and lifespan of these battles, attempting to keep information up to date and accurate would be extremely difficult (PLEASE NOTE: This rule may be changed/removed in the future)

Thank you for reading the above rules.  Any questions or concerns please contact the Administrator or one of the Inquisitors.

http://boardbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Board_Battles_Wiki
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:19:45 PM by Jharm »
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
Re: The Board Battle wiki
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »
Created. John greymore, same as this one.

I tried describing the Epic BB, but I have no idea why it's named epic. Is it because it's on-going or has characters with phenomenal powers or because it's set in a multiverse with many settings 0.0

The possibilities are endless!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:25 PM »
its referred to as Epic to kind of denote its the...."main" board battle and yes also prolly cause the characters in it are well...."epicly" powerful (but im sure more just to denote that its the main board battle)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »
Wow... um...

I seem to recall saying something about not really having time for current projects. And now you are forcing my hand.  :P

We'll need to get some of the veterans over there to start typing things up. For now, let's just make sure we're not posting things regarding the settings or history without Admin approval. K?

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:43:34 PM »
sorry I guess i mistook that statement as "I'm not gonna be in charge of it cause im busy enough as it is".   Well if you would like, I can temporarily freeze the wiki so we can brainstorm or what not about what to have on there and so forth. 

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »
Not necessary. In fact, you don't even need to run things by me before they get posted. I'll just keep an eye on it and probably register an account so I can add and edit things as needed. Definitely want to try and get some more of the veterans involved, though.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »
Ok, working on it right now.  I've added in specific section for characters, split between Epic BB and Non-Epic BB, a section for the Multiverse and added in Mortal Plane and the Warp currently, and even placed a section for To The Bitter End up there for Soul Reaver.  For anyone that isnt interested in dealing with the Wiki I would still appreciate it that if you have any suggestions for stuff to go on there to post it here and I will add it in when I can.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:31:51 PM by Jharm »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 07:04:58 PM »
Awesome.  I don't know when I'll get time to do some stuff on there, but I'm certainly going to.  Wikis rule.

Wow... um...

I seem to recall saying something about not really having time for current projects. And now you are forcing my hand.  :P

We'll need to get some of the veterans over there to start typing things up. For now, let's just make sure we're not posting things regarding the settings or history without Admin approval. K?

Clutch, you don't have to contribute.  Furthermore, you don't have to do anything now.  I personally don't think it matters terribly much if people post up partially (or wholly) incorrect info on a wiki, as long as someone at some point finds and fixes any errors in it.  That's why wikis are good.

Furthermore, I don't think it's reasonable to have to get admin approval for every post relating to the epic BB setting or history.  If you end up not liking it, then feel free to change it at a later date - no harm done.

That said, if someone isn't sure about something, they probably should refrain from typing up a huge article about it.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 09:06:09 PM »
I wouldnt be too worried about it Soul.  Figure worse comes to worse if something is in question I can either IM, call, or chat in person w/ Clutch and figure it out.  Biggest thing is that the wiki is NOT an area to put up character concepts or ideas.  Only characters used in previous BB's or currently active (and thus admin/battle master approved) characters are allowed.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 09:11:30 PM »
I think it's perfectly admissible to need administrator approval. Character concepts have to be approved here, so why not on a wiki? If a player really wants to post their own material, there are plenty of other outlets they can use for that, but I do not think it is unfounded to have the courtesy to run it by the administrator.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Clutch, you don't have to contribute.  Furthermore, you don't have to do anything now.  I personally don't think it matters terribly much if people post up partially (or wholly) incorrect info on a wiki, as long as someone at some point finds and fixes any errors in it.  That's why wikis are good.

Furthermore, I don't think it's reasonable to have to get admin approval for every post relating to the epic BB setting or history.  If you end up not liking it, then feel free to change it at a later date - no harm done.

That said, if someone isn't sure about something, they probably should refrain from typing up a huge article about it.

Woah, woah woah. First of all, I never said I didn't WANT to contribute. I just said I don't have time at this juncture. I don't think it's a bad thing.

Second of all, Allow me to clarify. I don't need Administrator approval for Battle Setting or History posts. What I need, is Admin approval for CHARACTER posts. And what I mean by that, is that if someone posts a NEW character on the wiki that hasn't been approved for use in a Board Battle over here, it is a strict violation of the Board Battle rules. If someone wants to make an article about a current character (which would have been approved already) or a past character (which was made before the approval process existed) then that's perfectly fine.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 09:28:42 PM »

Woah, woah woah. First of all, I never said I didn't WANT to contribute. I just said I don't have time at this juncture. I don't think it's a bad thing.

Second of all, Allow me to clarify. I don't need Administrator approval for Battle Setting or History posts. What I need, is Admin approval for CHARACTER posts. And what I mean by that, is that if someone posts a NEW character on the wiki that hasn't been approved for use in a Board Battle over here, it is a strict violation of the Board Battle rules. If someone wants to make an article about a current character (which would have been approved already) or a past character (which was made before the approval process existed) then that's perfectly fine.

Ah, ok.  I misunderstood.  I fully agree that peple shouldn't post new character concepts and things on there - only stuff that's 'canon', so to speak.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 11:15:13 PM »
What would be considered canon, considering how there's so many rewrites of characters and the like?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 11:18:47 PM »
I would think "canon" would be defined as anything specifically related to the setting, or as previously mentioned, characters who have taken part, or are currently involved in any of the BBs. I would assume that if you are posting one of your characters, you might include a section regarding any revisions or any form of evolution that your characters has undergone through their tenure.

Characters that have not been approved for use in any of the BBs, or who have not taken part in the BBs, would be excluded from the wiki. At least that is my understanding. Is this correct, Clutch?

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 03:59:03 AM »
Yes that's correct Faidth.  Only past characters (was involved in a previous board battle and retired at some point) or currently active (and thus admin approved) characters are authorized to be posted on the wiki.  Pretty much to make it easy...the wiki rules are the same as the Administorum rules.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 05:03:27 AM »
I would think "canon" would be defined as anything specifically related to the setting, or as previously mentioned, characters who have taken part, or are currently involved in any of the BBs. I would assume that if you are posting one of your characters, you might include a section regarding any revisions or any form of evolution that your characters has undergone through their tenure.

Characters that have not been approved for use in any of the BBs, or who have not taken part in the BBs, would be excluded from the wiki. At least that is my understanding. Is this correct, Clutch?

Since the wiki is editable, any 'rewrites' can also be put into the wiki once they occur.

And like Faidth suggests, keeping a record of past/historical iterations of a character would certainly be interesting too.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 01:25:57 AM »
I wrote up a shitton of stuff at work about the Mortal Plane and thought I saved it onto the wiki...

...looks like I was wrong.  :'(

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »
Kawanua's been incomunicato for a while. But I was wondering if I could write up an article at least concerning the Order of Guardians. Unless someone else took that task first.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
If it was originally Kawanua's creation, then at least let him know. Facebook would probably be easiest. If he doesn't care, I don't care.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 09:36:06 AM »
Would it be possible for the link to be stickied, like the IRC chat system? It just seems appropriate that way
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.