Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: 1/2/2017: Holidays and the Idle Tracking Process.  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
1/2/2017: Holidays and the Idle Tracking Process.
« on: January 02, 2017, 12:47:45 PM »
Greetings, everyone. I hope this message finds you all well.

The Administorum is something that a lot of us do as a hobby. Given that, it is understandable that there may be times when everyone is busy, especially around holidays. The idle tracking system was put in place to simply serve as a reminder for players and Battle Masters who are taking a long time to respond, and not as a system to keep you chained to your hobby.

Having said that, I do want to remind everyone that the boards are still open on major holidays, and the idle tracking system remains active during those times. Not everyone is as busy on the holidays as everyone else, and not all of us celebrate the same holidays. Trying to figure out who celebrates what and which holidays are more important than others would require far too much work, so the idle tracker continues to run and perform it's function during these times.

Again, it is completely understandable for both players and Battle Masters to be busy during some holidays and not have time to check the boards. All I ask is that you follow the same process around holidays that you are expected to follow any other time you are planning to be absent. Post something in your battle's OOC thread stating that you will be unable to post, for whatever the reason. I feel that a lot of people are missing the point that Hanako does check the OOC threads for posts before she sends out idle alerts, and that if she finds an OOC post from someone who is idle that explains why they are idle, she does not send an alert. Any confusion and frustration can be avoided if you just keep us aware of what's going on. As a Battle Master, I endeavor to keep my OOC thread updated. Even if I may not always post when I say I will, you can almost always look at the OOC thread and see a post from me explaining my delay. That is all that is required from any of you.

Please post in your battle's OOC thread if you know you will not be able to post during a time period, or even if you think you might not be able to. Please do this even if it's a major holiday and you think it should be obvious. This will help keep things running smoothly and help ease any frustrations regarding delays.

I welcome your feedback or questions regarding this or anything else you may be concerned about. This thread and my PM box are both open to you.

Yours in service,
Cameron Alieron
Administrator of the Administorum