Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: I'm coming, I'm coming.  (Read 6115 times)

Offline Fei

• Banned
I'm coming, I'm coming.
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:26:33 PM »
still working on Fei's schtuff.  Hopefully, will be done soon (maybe by tonight).

I'm going to be retconning a bunch of his background as I originally made him when I was 16 years old, and since then, I've found his background more childish and sloppy and not thoroughly thought out.  This is because Fei was a character I've progressed through several tabletop games with varying origins, the latest one being for the over-the-top game of Exalted and to be completely Honest, I forgot most of it.   I've since found a background that I'd like to stick with for Fei.  Same character, altered origins.

So I'm going to be clearing up a bit of his background.  As well, I'm going to be removing any mention of  V:TM and tabletop to keep the story more in line with the boards and less associated with any specific games.  here's a quick summary of what I'm working with.

Fei is one of the Tuatha Dé Danann, Aos si,  Sidhe (Pronounced Sh-EE) or Fair Folk for short from the Otherworld, Tír na nÓg. 
*** The Sidhe are a race from Irish Mythology.  A tall, beautiful, ageless race with an affinity to nature and magic.  It is the race that Tolkien based his Elves off of.

As the Fey kind were driven back to Tir na nÓg by the ambition of mortal men, Fei refused to leave, having fallen in love with a Mortal woman.  You may go "ugghhh how cliche." And it is, because love is cliche like that.  And so is any form of tragedy. 

Their affairs were discovered and Fei was bound in cold iron, making him powerless and was hung while his woman was brutally raped then stoned to death. 

In his dying breath, Fei's soul caught the attention of the most ancient of vampires, agents of the abyss, who made him an offer of vengeance and power.

His soul and essence was twisted and imbued with the abyss itself.  The cold iron rusted and deteriorated from his body, the rope withered and the beast within took control for the first time as he had a serious case of the munchies.

Then the boards start, and a whole lot of silly regretful posts later (not all of them, just a few), Fei is back.

In the time that the boards were down, Fei has found politics just arent' for him, growing wanderlust once more and feeling the call from the multiverse.  He stepped down as ruler of the Umbra and a new council was created by the will of the plane, made physical from Fei's 2 swords, the Kurusunami and the Yugitti.

Fei returned to the plane of shadows and the sealed abyssal gate and opened it.  Before him was the raw inky blackness of the abyss.  As it began to bleed into the Plane, Fei twisted the otherworldly shadow into a forge where a new pair of blades were crafted from the abyss itself. The Shadow's Kiss.  (New picture coming soon). 

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:05:00 PM by Fei »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: I'm coming, I'm coming.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:10:52 PM »
sounds good man!  I hear ya when it comes to looking back at your backstory after a couple of years and going "WTF was i thinking?"  Can't wait to you your creation post.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:16:57 PM »
by the end of the BBs, Fei has more or less transcended what you'd call a Vampire, so to speak.  It was screwed up in the boards back then, as since Fei was the first vampire on the Board battles, and arguably the strongest, it really fudged anyone else wanted to make a vampire character. 

I want to clear the roots up, retcon a bit, and clear the Vampire: The Masquerade past, so it doesn't cause others to feel like they have to adhere to that ruleset for vampire characters. 

By this point, i think it's damn near impossible to even Recognize Fei as a vampire, as he's become something more.

What sucks balls though, is I wanted to coin him as an Abyssal Avatar years ago, then I found out about exalted a few years back and that they had powerful entities called "Abyssals" which is essentially what Fei is -_-.  So I can't use that term, else get thrown back infront of the white wolf train.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »
You know, just because Fei was created using a particular ruleset for Vampires doesn't mean others have to be bound by it.

It's the multiverse!  The vampires could come from any Plane and obey the rulesets of their origin universe only.

If Soul Reaver were to summon a Vampire, it would follow the ruleset for Vampires from the Mortal Plane - that would mean it would never have heard of Fei and would not owe him any allegience.

In a similar fashion, I've ensured that while Soul Reaver can control Daemons from Inferno (which are the ones that typically plague the Mortal Plane where he is from), he wouldn't be able to do the same for Daemons from other Planes.  That way, others should feel free to create Daemon characters without the risk of Soul Reaver controlling them (although Blooddrinker will hate them, but he hates everything anyway).

So don't feel that your backstory limits the possibilities for new players unless they choose the same setting as you chose for your character.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 10:07:22 PM »
yeah but since V:TM is like one of the biggest vampire RPG's a lot of people would prolly go off of that ruleset for ease of character creation.  Course i gotta agree with Fei in that the character Fei has gone way beyond anything that could even be termed Vampire anymore lol. 
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline DM

• Marine
  • got to be a joker, he just do what he please
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:06:05 PM »
yeah but since V:TM is like one of the biggest vampire RPG's a lot of people would prolly go off of that ruleset for ease of character creation.  Course i gotta agree with Fei in that the character Fei has gone way beyond anything that could even be termed Vampire anymore lol.

Haters gonna hate. Take that shit and run with it.

I always knew Fei was a bit of a fairy
heh

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 04:55:46 PM »
pulling my hair out on whether or not to bring Fei back to the Epic BB.  I have another character as well who I could bring in.  Nimsul En'Iralenorei.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 07:46:11 PM »
I thought Nimsul was "Fei Lite"?  :P

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 12:51:29 AM »
Not quite.  it's just the name I was going to use.   To be honest, he was never really a character beyond a name and some basic ideas.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 12:54:34 AM »
meh, I think I'll stick with Fei.  He was the original.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »
Keep the old character, man. It's like a keepsake, almost. The uniqueness of the character makes it yours and yours alone. That and the time you invested into the character shouldn't go to waste. Grow off of that. Know what I mean?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 04:31:15 PM »
Yep, thats how i see it.  which is why I did it.  Now I just need to finish working on his backstory.