Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Concerning character edits.  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Concerning character edits.
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »
A few of you have posted characters, and with a possible new Board battle preparing to start, more will be coming. I want to address the policy for editing characters you've already posted to avoid any confusion. I'll be adding a guide for this as a sticky in the Character Creation forum soon. But for now, let's all look at Kitharsis, as his recent edit is a perfect example of how I want this to work.

Whenthe OGHRUN first appeared Kitharsis's village was the first to makecontact with them.  He and his team met them far away from the villageas a buffer for any violence that may break out.  During introductionsone of Kitharsis's team shifted their form.  Once the OGHRUN discoveredthat the Jataka were a magical race they struck mercilessly.  Themajority of Kitharsis's team was killed, unable to hold off the attack. Kitharsis and a few others fought bitterly until they were neutralizedand captured. 

The surrounding villages were warned of theOGHRUN, but the losses were great.  Eventually they were driven off ofLegund, but Kitharsis and a handful of the Jataka were taken back tothe OGHRUN's home world.

This section is in need of a revision as per the discussion with Soul Reaver and others in the charcter discussion board.

The change is this:

Quote from: Kitharsis
Whenthe invaders first appeared Kitharsis's village was the first to makecontact with them.  He and his team met them far away from the villageas a buffer for any violence that may break out.  During introductionsone of Kitharsis's team shifted their form.  The invaders were actingskittish before this, and they took the shift as a threat.  They burstout in violence, their superior technology being quick and efficient. The majority of Kitharsis's team was killed, unable to hold off theattack.  Kitharsis and a few others fought bitterly until they wereneutralized and captured, presumably to be used for experiments orother twisted means.

The surrounding villages were warned ofthe invaders, but the losses were great.  Eventually they were drivenoff of Legund, but Kitharsis and a handful of the Jataka were takeninto the invader's ships.  Most of them never to return.  In one lastfrantic push, the Jataka attacked the ships.  Hoping to free theircountrymen, they inflicted irrepairable damage to the craft.  It was ofno use, as the invader's were eventually able to take off into space.

Thedamage to the ships was great.  The invaders were forced to crash landon the closest planet in the galaxy.  Unfortunately, the OGHRUNinhabited this planet.  This time the invaders were not given a chanceto strike first.  The considerable strength and skill of the OGHRUNquickly overpowered the weakened invaders.  The survivors were tossedinto the arena, along with the Jataka prisoners found in the ship. Kitharsis relished the chance to enact his revenge on the invaders,but the gravity of his situation quickly settled in shortly thereafter.

Kitharsis included the original paragraph that he wanted changed, and then followed it up with his new paragraph to replace it. This made it very simple, as I was able to simply edit his original post and replace the old paragraph with the new one, meaning that people reading his character post won't have to scroll down through edits to get the whole story. Plus, since he posted the original paragraph in full, I was able to leave it in the reply. This leaves a record of what was originally there so that it can be recalled if needed. This is exactly how I want these threads to work, and I thank Kith for pulling it off so flawlessly without instruction.

Please make sure that any edits you make are formatted this way. It will make this process as painless as possible for all of us.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: Concerning character edits.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »
Quoting a quote makes for some interesting formatting changes.  Spaces are removed! 

I figured I'd make it as painless as possible for the edit.  I'm a lazy person and I wouldn't want to search that long post for the two paragraphs that were changed so I just put everything in the edit post.  Sometimes lazy = efficient  :P

*Flexes*

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: Concerning character edits.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »
oh great, now your giving Kith a super inflated ego....way to go Clutch!
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.