Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XI  (Read 62823 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XI
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 02:59:22 AM »
Shortly?  ???

I believe some things came up that have interfered with his previous statement. 
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 10:28:46 PM »
Much appreciated for the update. I didn't mean any harm by my response, in case it might be interpreted that way.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »
Sorry, everyone. My new job is eating up a ton of my free time that I used to have to post. I'm working on it, but it may be slow while I adjust.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2017, 01:36:05 PM »
Progress continues to be slow, but I've finally made enough of it that I can safely stop holding everyone else up.

This post is just a transition post to get things moving again while I finish the bigger one. No one is required to reply to this and no idle alerts will be sent out to anyone who doesn't. I'm hoping to have my post in the hands of Jharm and Daccio ASAP so that they can complete their parts. I'll keep this thread updated.

Hanako, you can take us off hold now.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2017, 12:58:47 PM »
Per the Idle/Inactive Battle Rules, this Battle remains idle and is now subject to STEP 2 of the Idle Battle Process! The Ordos Administratum has been engaged and will take action. Further action will be taken if 7 more days pass without an update. In the meantime, anyone who has not replied to the Battle Master's last post in encouraged to do so now so that we can move on as quickly as possible when the Battle Master returns!

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »
Cameron. You have 2 more days to update the Epic Battle thread. Failure to post an update will result in the invoking of Step 3 of the Idle Battle process, as follows:

STEP 3: IF A BATTLE HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR THREE WEEKS OR LONGER WITH NO UPDATES
If three weeks have passed and all attempts to communicate with the Battle Master have failed, or the Battle Master still has not updated his story, then Step 3 will be initiated. The actions taken at this point depends on whether the battle in question is the Epic Battle or a custom battle.

If the battle in question is a custom battle, the battle will be retired. All threads will be closed. The Battle Master will lose his Battle Master rank. All threads and characters will be moved to their respective place in the archives. The Battle Master will be put on a one month probation period, during which they will not be considered for any hosting requests. The Battle Master can re-apply to restart their retired battle once the period is up. Repeat offenders will no longer be allowed to host battles here.

If the battle in question is the Epic Battle, the Battle Master will be relieved of their duties as described above. However, since the Epic Battle cannot simply be ended, a poll will be started to determine the fate of the story arc itself. Because a story arc cannot be completed without god modding all characters involved, and some of these characters have been around for years, we will not god-mod them through a story arc without permission. The players will be given the option of either completing the story arc with an interim Battle Master or ending the battle immediately.

If the first option is chosen, the exiting Battle Master will be expected to choose an interim host. If they refuse (or are not available to make the choice) then a host will be chosen by the Ordos Administratum. The interim Battle Master will be expected to work with the exiting Battle Master as much as possible to ensure that the arc is ended properly, but if the exiting Battle Master is unable to or refuses to cooperate with this, then the interim Battle Master will end the arc as they see fit, with direct guidance from the Ordos.

If the second option is chosen, the exiting Battle Master will be expected to write a brief summary tying up any lose ends with their storyline so that the next Battle Master can start with a clean slate. If the Battle Master can't (or won't) provide this summary, a member of the Ordos will be selected to write it for them.

Regardless of which option is chosen, a second poll will be opened to select a new Battle Master that will either take over from the interim host when the arc is completed, or will start fresh after the summary is posted. Offenders will not be considered to run the Epic Battle again until at least one full story arc has passed. Repeat offenders will no longer be eligible to run the Epic Battle.

These step 3 actions will be taken regardless of whether the Battle Master is a regular user, an Inquisitor, or the Administrator. The actions taken here will have no direct effect on an Inquisitor's standing within the Ordos.

This is your second warning.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »
Cameron. You have 1 more day to update the Epic Battle thread. Failure to post an update will result in the invoking of Step 3 of the Idle Battle process.

This is your final warning.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2017, 02:03:04 AM »
My post is finished. It has been delivered to Daccio and Jharm so that they can complete their parts of it. As soon as they are done, I will post it.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2017, 03:11:34 PM »
My post is finished. It has been delivered to Daccio and Jharm so that they can complete their parts of it. As soon as they are done, I will post it.

I have read this and confirmed that you're not stalling, so this is good enough to hold off on Step 3! Please keep us up to date!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2017, 05:21:34 PM »
My post is up. Apologies for the wait and the long read.

Thanks to *Hanako, Daccio, and Jharm for their help in writing this post. It was a joint effort.

I'm going to wait to have Mary do anything since she's still waiting for Danyael to reply to what I had her do in my post before this one. I'll include that in my next post.

My next post should not be nearly as long or complicated.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2017, 11:39:46 PM »
I'll have a post ready and up by tomorrow night at the latest.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »
Would we be able to hear the conversation happening on Cameron's communicator?

Nevermind.  Reading comprehension.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:58:20 AM by Kitharsis »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2017, 04:12:30 AM »
Sorry, I completely missed that Jharm asked Gulgrim a question. Editing my post to imply that that was intentional rather than me being unobservant. Gulgrim will act on that request in the next round.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:15:42 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2017, 01:31:12 PM »
Since everyone has now replied, I've begun working on a post. I will try to have it up by Monday.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »
I missed my deadline due to not being home all weekend. This weekend should give me more time. Sorry for the delay.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
Per the Idle/Inactive Battle Rules, this Battle remains idle and is now subject to STEP 2 of the Idle Battle Process! The Ordos Administratum has been engaged and will take action. Further action will be taken if 7 more days pass without an update. In the meantime, anyone who has not replied to the Battle Master's last post in encouraged to do so now so that we can move on as quickly as possible when the Battle Master returns!

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2017, 05:04:58 PM »
An update: Cameron has been in touch with me and is currently dealing with some work related scheduling issues on his end. I've extended his Step 2 deadline until Friday to account for this. Sorry for the delay!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2017, 12:54:36 PM »
My next post is up. The 15 minute journey up the stairs should give everyone time to finish any conversations they were having, so feel free to proceed with that. Cameron has given his opinion on whether or not they need more reinforcements, but is not expressly forbidding it.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »
Blooddrinker is immune to illusions, so if there is any illusion hiding what is really on the current level, Blooddrinker will see it.

Whatever Blooddrinker sees will be overlaid on Soul Reaver's vision.  Of couse, if there's no illusion it won't look any different to how it does now.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2017, 06:06:40 AM »
Whoops sorry about that Soul Reaver....I totally forgot that you had asked Jharm a question at the end of your post.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.