Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Guild Wars 2
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »
Does anyone here play Guild Wars 2?

I just got a new beefy laptop so I picked up the game.  I haven't played enough of it yet to have an opinion, but I'm having fun with the newb stages so far.

One thing that is a little deflating, all my dang names are already taken.  All except for Sembas, but he doesn't really fit the Norn I made too well.  Oh well, at least he's still a ranger.

I'm just kind of bewildered that Kitharsis is already taken!  All of my girl names are gone too.  I hate spelling them differently to accommodate.  I know, I'm picky.  But dangit if I won't stop playing a character if I don't like their name or hair color  or some other arbitrary thing - take my lvl 55 Hunter in vanilla WoW for example that I ditched b/c his hair was the wrong shade of grey...

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
As much as I'd like to check it out, no matter how awesome it is, MMO's just seem "blah" to me now.  I just can't get into them, no matter how hard they rock.

Kitharsis was taken?!  Did somebody slam their head on a keyboard and it just happened to spell that or... just, wow.  I like the name, just surprised it was taken this early in.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:24:24 AM »
Yeah, I just kind of shook my head at the screen when it showed up taken.

I blame Soul Reaver and his far too popular Wc3 maps...  ;)

Also, don't get me wrong.  I'm not playing a great deal, mostly on weekends.  I'm also stuck on Minecraft at the moment.  That wheat farm isn't going to grow itself!