Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Preparing to open the Epic Battle.  (Read 16757 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Preparing to open the Epic Battle.
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:10:23 PM »
As many of you may or may not remember, tomorrow is the 22nd. My revised date for opening the Epic Battle thread. Only one problem with this: a number of you still haven't made characters. Now granted, maybe some of you aren't participating, but I know of at least a few who said they were going to that still haven't submitted. So here's the deal. I will make the opening post of the Eye of Terror thread on this Friday. This will be done regardless of who has created characters and who hasn't. You have till Friday to get yourself in. If you have not created a character by Friday, you will not be able to participate in the Epic Battle until AFTER The Eye of Terror thread wraps! I want to be perfectly clear on that. There will be no place to bring new characters in once we start, so get in now if you're getting in at all.

In the meantime, here is the schedule of events for the week leading up to our kickoff.

6/22/10: The Eye of Terror OOC thread will open. The Eye of Terror Character Generation rules and the Board Battle general rules will be posted.
6/23/10: The Eye of Terror summary will be posted. This will be a full recap of the Eye of Terror campaign up to the current point, to get everyone back up to speed.
6/25/10 In the AM: All remaining characters will be approved or denied. This will be the last opportunity to submit characters for approval.
6/25/10 In the PM: The Eye of Terror main thread will open. Character Registration for the Epic Battle will be closed. The Epic Battle will officially restart.

Watch this space for further updates.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:43:08 PM by StarbladeMKIII »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: Preparing to open the Epic Battle.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 04:55:33 PM »
So... there'll be no Clutchfiend in EoT if he doesn't hurry up and post a character? :P

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 05:23:20 PM »
So... there'll be no Clutchfiend in EoT if he doesn't hurry up and post a character? :P

Kindly reference Character Creation Rule 6 (ONE CHARACTER PER BOARD BATTLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.), Addendum 1, "Concerning Battle Masters and NPCs", referenced below for your convenience.

THIS RULE DOES NOT APPLY TO BATTLE MASTERS. They need NPCs, after all. However, Battle Masters should not be posting their NPCs in the character creation forum, as they do not need approval.

:P

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 07:19:19 PM »
That may be so, but unless I'm mistaken, that rule is in place so as to prevent a player from having more than one Player Character (PC) at a time.  The exception for Battle Masters is that they don't have to post a new character up for every Non-Player Character (NPC) because that would just be stupid.

So that exception, as I understand it, is in place to allow Battle Masters to have more than one character in a battle at a time - however, all the additional characters are NPCs.

I think most would agree that Clutchfiend (eg, Cameron Aileron) is a PC, like Soul Reaver or Fei Serumen, not an NPC (like some random Chaos Cultist schlub), and thus really ought to have an entry in the Character forum too, Battle Master or not.

(That, and I need your retconned character history for the TTBE manual.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:25:29 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 09:00:39 PM »
Soul, you may just have to give me the benefit of the doubt here. Unless you want EoT to be delayed again... cause I definitely don't have time to type up a back story from scratch with everything else I'm working on.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:02:45 PM by StarbladeMKIII »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
Soul, you may just have to give me the benefit of the doubt here. Unless you want EoT to be delayed again... cause I definitely don't have time to type up a back story from scratch with everything else I'm working on.

Well, that's a good enough reason for me.  I'd rather get EoT started.

But please don't forget to write one up sometime!  Cameron's a pretty important character!

Edit: Or maybe I could write one for you... something gritty yet hip and modern...  let's see... "Enamoured of cars at a young age, Cameron would race other like-minded youngsters for fame and glory in his souped-up, neon-adorned automobile.  His latent psychic energies gave him a distinct advantage over his competition.  But everything changed that one fateful night, when an agent of Chaos lay road-spikes across his favourite road.  Roaring down at phenomenal speeds, Cameron - even with his considerable skill - was unable to stop as his car's tyres exploded and he plummeted off the cliff in a fiery wreck.  It should have destroyed him... but he lived!  The wreck of his car fused to his body in the conflagration, Cameron rose as a metal-and-neon-covered giant.  The accident had left him changed: his psychic powers had awoken, and he wielded the flames of his fiery doom with intuitive skill.  In his hands he wielded the smashed-off clutch of his car, and it was with this that he would bludgeon to death the enemies of righteousness.  He was Cameron no longer: now, there was only Clutchfiend!"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:57:53 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »
Soul, dude, you need a spellchecker.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:47:19 PM by Angie »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 09:59:54 PM »
Soul, dude, you need a spellchecker.

If you're talking about my habit of editing my post 100 times before I'm happy with it, yes, you might have a point.  I often try to write the basic structure of something and post it up as quickly as possible and end up having to go back and polish it up later.

But if you're referring to my British spelling (of things like armour, colour, enamoured etc) then that's not a mistake.  It is Inherently Superior.

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:42 PM »
The former.

I do the latter as well, I was raised on British English.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »
When I misspell a word and it turns into something like behaviour I always pause for a second.

Well, technically it isn't wrong...

But then my teachers would always mark it anyway.

It was the opposite in Australia.  I had to preface all of my papers with a note stating that I'm an American, and that I forget my u's.

PS:  Thats a great write up for Clutch  :P

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 10:39:01 AM »
I will not currently be participating in the Epic BB.  Perhaps in the Future when I don't have a commitment to Misthaven.  Also Misthaven, aka the Mist Haven, or Mistvald will likely be fully ready for posters to post by this weekend.   I do not want the Misthaven battle to hold back the Epic so standards will be much more lax on timing between posts. 

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 12:05:54 PM »

Why do I get the feeling that's going to happen regardless?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »
Hey. I could have been like "Oh hell no, I'm the Admin, I do what I want." But I wasn't, cause I agree with what Soul is saying. I'll get a writeup done for Cameron as soon as I can. But the battle has to come first.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »
Hey. I could have been like "Oh hell no, I'm the Admin, I do what I want." But I wasn't, cause I agree with what Soul is saying. I'll get a writeup done for Cameron as soon as I can. But the battle has to come first.

Why don't you just copy/paste the writeup I made for you above?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »
No thanks.  :P

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 12:51:07 PM »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 02:48:16 PM »
Let's just go with "It's inaccurate" and move on.  ::)

Offline Cebs

• Marine Sergeant
  • Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 10:22:02 AM »
Yeah, last exam on monday and I'm not gonna lie, I've been avoiding finishing my character. But whatever, here's hoping I'll be able to slot him in tomorrow sometime... which is today as it is 0221 atm -_-

In short, I'll get there!
(-0-) <-- Pokeball? Or Ti-Fighter?

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »
Hey Cebs, good to see you!  Hope to see your character bio up soon, and hope your exams went well. ;)

Offline Yue Kurine

• Captain
  • Eh?
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 12:04:13 AM »
So um, yah, big surprise. My computer is going senile and keeps forgetting its suppose to be storing infomation, instead it keeps loosing things (i.e. Yue's backstory- all of about 80% I had finished.) >.>;  I started rewriting it (for the umpteenth time) but wont have it in time for the EoT, if it doesnt go on for too long Ill have it for when the next epic battle starts.
Which would make more sense anyways with how I was making her story!