Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII  (Read 68662 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 07:37:22 AM »
Shit.

This one was entirely on me, guys. No excuses. I completely forgot to finish working on my post. Got distracted by the charity gaming marathon I took this week off to see and just completely blanked on this one. Throwing up an OOC here to admit to my wrongdoing and keep Hanako from reporting me. I still have today off and have already made a promise to Jharm that I will finish my post before the day is over. He knows where I live, and so he'll make sure this happens.

My deepest apologies for fucking this one up.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 12:59:00 AM »
My next post is live. Your opponent is Peterson. Cameron's intention is simply to slam straight into Peterson, but Peterson is going to easily deflect his attack unless Cameron gets some backup. Abbadon and the Soul Sphere are wrapped in a massive ball of chains which will actively resist being attacked.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 12:31:28 PM »
Shit.

This one was entirely on me, guys. No excuses. I completely forgot to finish working on my post. Got distracted by the charity gaming marathon I took this week off to see and just completely blanked on this one. Throwing up an OOC here to admit to my wrongdoing and keep Hanako from reporting me. I still have today off and have already made a promise to Jharm that I will finish my post before the day is over. He knows where I live, and so he'll make sure this happens.

My deepest apologies for fucking this one up.

Oh, Cameron. You were doing so well, too! ;_;

This post was supposed to mark the removal of the Eye of Terror thread from it's probation enforcement! I was going to give you a cake and everything! But now that you were almost idle for a week, I just don't think I can justify doing that. :<

But since you technically posted an OOC (and updated the thread) before I was able to put you in Step 1, I won't reset your counter back to 5 posts. I'll just keep it at 1. Make the next post on time without going idle and the Eye of Terror thread will be removed from probation! ^_^

As for everyone else, you're now free and clear to post a reply! Let's get things moving again! ^_^

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »
Wrote the post quickly, so I'll edit it after I get home. Danyael has opted to run interference for Cameron by using his speed for a stealth attack on Peterson. He rushed from behind then, just at the moment Cameron was close enough to Peterson, slid from underneath for an upward strike by both swords. By amplifying the gravity around his swords has he added greater potential to inflict harm with every strike. This, combined with his speed has inacted a sort of slingshot strike tactic, for which he's used to attack Peterson before Cameron. Effectively, he has put himself in between the two to act as both sword and shield to Cameron, at least to give the elemental time to opt for a different tactic.

By the way, do you have any art for what Peterson might look like? Or perhaps an older description of him?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2018, 05:24:54 PM »
Jharm is pretty much focusing on defense at this point, bolstering and protecting the rest of the Companions so they can focus attacking Peterson
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 08:06:22 PM »
Apologies for the delay, I've been ill recently (still not 100%).

Soul Reaver is trying to do two things in very rapid succession:
- Get the Book of Magnus (if releasing it happens to resurrect Ahriman then too bad - at least he won't be likely to be friendly with Abaddon)
- Punch enough of a hole through the chains surrounding Abaddon that he can glance inside (I'm assuming Blooddrinker should be able to cut through them faster than they can regrow)

Assuming he manages to do the second one, he's planning to teleport inside the cocoon.  If there's some reason that wouldn't work that Soul Reaver could sense or see, please let me know - he'll change his strategy accordingly.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 02:02:27 PM »
Kitharsis is keeping a hair trigger on the Tesseract.

While he trusts Soul Reaver's judgement, he won't allow Ahriman to return if he's able to.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
Soul Reaver is going to telekinetically pull the book to himself pretty much the moment that Kitharsis opens the tesseract (though seeing as the tesseract hasn't been completely destroyed I guess he could pull it along too).

That said, Cameron will need to let us know if:
- Ahriman is still 'alive' and his presence could be felt
- If yes, whether that would be detected fast enough for Kitharsis to react BEFORE Soul Reaver seizes the book

So, will need to wait on his arbitration on that one before I can reply.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:01:45 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 11:37:57 PM »
Soul Reaver is going to telekinetically pull the book to himself pretty much the moment that Kitharsis opens the tesseract (though seeing as the tesseract hasn't been comletely destroyed I guess he could pull it along too).

That said, Cameron will need to let us know if:
- Ahriman is still 'alive' and his presence could be felt
- If yes, whether that would be detected fast enough for Kitharsis to react BEFORE Soul Reaver seizes the book

So, will need to wait on his arbitration on that one before I can reply.

The opening of the tesseract is going to cause two things to happen simultaneously. I'll cover both in my next post. Ahriman is still alive inside the book.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:39:47 PM by Cameron »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »
Well, this is going to get interesting very quickly.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
Hello everyone! ^_^

I have delivered a final idle notification to the following users:

Daccio

Cameron is now authorized to remove them from the battle. Thank you to everyone else for posting on time! ^_^

Cameron, you're officially on the clock!

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 11:48:27 PM »
Well, this is going to get interesting very quickly.

Personally I'm not sure Ahriman will be friendly with a guy who just stabbed him in the back and wants to steal his carefully-crafted rune.  Plus it doesn't necessarily prevent Soul Reaver from carrying out his own plan either.

Guess we'll find out! :D

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »
The opening of the tesseract is going to cause two things to happen simultaneously. I'll cover both in my next post. Ahriman is still alive inside the book.

So... Does that mean Ahriman's going to hold a grudge?  ???
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:17:53 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2018, 08:46:41 PM »
I am working on my next post, but I'm also on call this week so I'm not sure how much writing time I'll have. I'll keep everyone updated throughout the week.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2018, 12:25:32 PM »
I have a post halfway finished. I am no longer on call so I'll finish the rest of it and get it up either tonight or tomorrow.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »
My post is finished. I'll be fixing the formatting as soon as I get home and then I will put it up for everyone.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2018, 01:53:30 PM »
Hello. ;_;

At Cameron's request, I have retired Daccio's character from the Epic Battle. Cameron has informed me that he will write the character out of the current fight in his next post.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2018, 11:12:37 PM »
My post is up.

The Book of Magnus and Sepher have been removed from the Imperial Plane. A powerful warp traveler might be able to track them,. but not with a fight happening. Neither Peterson or Abbadon can access the book themselves without bringing it back.

Going to leave what happens to both the Book and Sepher open ended in case Daccio wants to write a wrap up post for her character. In the mean time, you still have Peterson to deal with.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2018, 04:18:34 AM »
Ok, quite a lot happens in this post and some of it is dependent on other stuff, so send me a message if anything needs correcting.

Soul Reaver planned to telekinetically pull the book to him as soon as it was freed but it being grabbed by the chain ruined that idea.  However, he mainly wanted it as it might have given him an edge in carrying out his main plan.

Soul Reaver's main plan is to teleport into the cocoon the moment he gets a glance inside.
The reliability of a teleportation spell hinges on a bunch of stuff, including how close the destination is (in this case, right in front of him) and how well he can visualize the space he's trying to enter (now that he's seen inside, quite well).
Certain focussed magical interference could also cause it to fail if not overcome, though Soul Reaver's a pretty good mage.

He WAS going to teleport in the moment an opening became visible in the chains, but since Abaddon did some talking after the hole closed I've made it that he does so afterwards.

Once inside, Soul Reaver wants to wrest the same spirit energy as Abaddon is using to try and counter him/keep him busy.  Soul Reaver has soul absorbing powers too, and he'll be able to observe how Abaddon is doing it (without setting off the rune/sphere of annihilation) now.
As a secondary measure, he's also launching a surprise attack by thrusting Blooddrinker at Abaddon.

Let's see if any of the above works.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »
Messaged Cameron, pending the approval of something. I don't think it steps on any toes, but it's a bit unorthodox, so I'd prefer to get the greenlight first.