Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: 5/31/2016: Idle Tracker and Alerts have been fixed (again).  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Greetings, all. I apologize for my unplanned absence.

While I was gone, the Idle Tracker went down again, which is hardly surprising at this point. I have scrapped the old system and completely re-written it. Due to this, there are going to be some changes as to how things are formatted.

Inquisitors: The Idle Tracker spreadsheet (the link to which you can find in your section of the boards) no longer has a "last updated" field. This is because I've updated it to automatically calculate the number of days idle based on the Last Post date, which means that *Hanako no longer has to update the spreadsheet daily. The spreadsheet will only be manually updated by *Hanako when a new post is made on the Administorum or when Alerts are sent out. Please use this spreadsheet to determine how many days have past since someone's last post and whether or not *Hanako has already contacted someone BEFORE sending them a PM yourself.

Battle Masters: You are now being Blind Carbon Copied on any Alert that is sent out for a player in your Board Battle. This will keep you up to date on exactly who is idle, who has been contacted, and whether or not you are authorized to god-mod a player or remove them from your Battle. This will replace the "Idle Player Summary" PM that you were receiving in the past and will save *Hanako some extra work. The Idle Battle Master alerts will be BCC'd to all active Inquisitors and the Administrator so that they are kept aware of the situation, so please keep that in mind.

I want to take this time to re-iterate that the easiest way to keep *Hanako from PMing you, be you player or Battle Master, is to keep posting in the OOC thread of your Battle. *Hanako always checks the OOC thread to see if someone has posted anything there before sending out an Idle Alert. If you haven't posted in 5 or 6 days and you know an alert will be sent out on the 7th day, post in the OOC thread and indicate when you're planning on posting next. *Hanako will see this and reset your idle count and you will not be contacted. It's that simple.

Please see *Hanako or myself with any questions.

Yours in service,
Cameron Aileron
Administrator of the Administorum
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:31:09 PM by Cameron »