Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread  (Read 37145 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread
« on: July 02, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »
Please post all out of character discussion, questions, etc. for The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven) thread here.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 03:16:16 PM »
@ John Greymore: Because you were the first to post, you're being granted this special item. The white rune that Cleo gave you will give you ONE Wisdom spell of your choice. Bear in mind that this does not give you the WISDOM legendary attribute, but you will be allowed to at least use this one spell. You may construct the spell yourself, but it needs to be either some form of warding spell, a protection spell, a healing spell, or a personal buff.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »
*Dances in the rain*

I'll be posting later on. I have exams tomorrow (On Monday here in Singapore) and I have need to buff up some of my maths before I can do stuff.

Let's see what I can build from that rune...

Edit: When I'm done with the spell, do I post it under a new reply-edit in the character sheet as per the character creation rules, or do I just stick it in the thread? (Maybe take this chance to un-bold everything in the sheet)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 09:38:23 PM by john greymore »
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 02:01:15 AM »
That would be a reply-edit in the thread as per the Standard Character Creation rules. Then Faidth approves it, and then I edit into your post. That way there's a record of all additions.

And I'll fix your bold.  8)

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 05:29:25 AM »
Huzzah! Alright, I'll be up with it in another 18 hours or so. Terribly sorry, but this prelims have to take precidence over eventual immense magical power over the world.
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 02:01:34 AM »
Posted and updated the sheet.

If anybody's wondering, my maths didn't go well :P Heh, next time.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »
:(   I'm sorry. I'm sympathetic: I hate math. It was always my worst subject.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
Ah it's cool, I love all my subjects (Physics, Maths, English, Biology, Chinese, Economics). I simply suck at some and do better at others. It's the passion that counts :)

And so, I shall sit and do some more maths in preperation for paper 2 as I wait for the next post.

(Psst, if it's only me, do I have to wait for the newcomers before we continue?)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »
Including you, there are seven people participating in this BB. My husband (Cameron) won't be entering until a little later in the story arc because of the character he will be using. Of the other five, two of them are new users who should be up and running by Friday. The Soothsayer serves as a bit of an introduction and is supposed to be a staging area where I can have the PCs convene before moving them on to Avalon. Anyone who has not generated a character by Friday will be omitted from this part of the battle and will not be permitted to join until after this story arc concludes. By Friday, you'll be progressing to stage 2 of the story. I hope you aren't too bored so far. I was honestly hoping that everyone would be done with character creation by last week.  :(      Shameless slackers.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 11:28:51 AM »
No no, I'm enjoying myself quite well! Gives me a chance to personally interact with the system :D Sides, it forces the imagination to play more. I'm game for that!

Also, I read the post. I'm assuming that 'the content of this book will make the NPC thread' means that the content will be within the thread? Or am I misunderstanding something here? If it is, do I go ahead and post first or do I wait till you post the content before I do so?

Plus, if I go on with the romance, will time away from the person cause the romance to drop? Because... you know... Cleo, in the middle of the desert.... away from civilisation... while Fenwick adventures. Would be hard to keep up wouldn't it?

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »
I'm having second thoughts.  Not for lack of interest!  For lack of time!  I'm nearly finished with the character introduction post, but I'm not sure if I can commit so much time to the boards as to be active in three different battles at once.

I believe I will wait until chapter to and see if I can do the juggling at that point.

:'(

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 11:36:50 AM »
@ John: Good, I'm glad.   ;D  Hopefully everyone else will hop on board soon. One of the fellows coming to the boards is my housemate, so I might ask him today if he's about ready.

The NPC thread is where I will be putting all the character bios as you meet each character. I'll probably try to post a blurb on Cleo today, but you don't need to wait to post until it's up. It's more there as a reference guide, and all the info. in it will be stuff you already know. I'll update it as you find out more about each character. For example, Cleo made mention to the fact that she may one day explain her Death Wound to you. When she does, that will be added there.

As far as the romance subplots, by no means do you need to pursue them at all, or even choose Cleo unless she strikes your fancy. Not to spoil anything, but Cleo hasn't exactly told you yet how you will manage to find your way to Avalon. She actually has a very high-level teleportation spell that will instantaneously take you right to Avalon. That's why all new Ageless have to seek her out first because she is basically the gateway there. That's why she can't exactly leave... Yet anyway.

Needless to say, if you do choose to pursue Cleo, as she is a magic-user, you are definitely the type she would respond well to. That also means that the benefits she would provide you would be related to your Intelligence attribute. Cleo will ask you to do something before you leave, if you fulfill it, you have the opportunity to take the romance subplot with her. As far as it dropping due to absence, let's just say that should you decide to pursue her, Cleo will be more than happy to facilitate a way for you to do so. Not only that, but if she feels neglected, she may just split herself again and come to remind you of her presence. Though the higher-ups wouldn't really like her abandoning her post, she's far too powerful for any of them to really find out about it.

@Kith: Not a problem. Just let me know for sure so we know whether or not to actually wait for you. If you aren't participating until the second story arc, I may move the story on before Friday.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:38:30 AM by Faidth »

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 11:46:33 AM »
Ok got it, I'll be getting my post up tomorrow morning. No school/exam since I don't take chemistry.

Also, I didn't realise that it was her death wound. I just thought it was scars. For a high-int mage that's a bummer :p

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:44 AM »
This is so exciting!!! A new mage :D

But then this causes conflict within the magic system doesn't it? He draws it from Leylines, Fenwick does so by mixing non-physical magic components together.

Maybe if I said that mine was like alchemy? LIke a man-made version of magic?

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »
I figure that "magic" is a pretty generic term, and because of that, it can be as individual as the character that uses it. Even if mages draw their sources from different power, it doesn't really interfere with the system itself (or lack thereof.) I kind of left the actual usage of magic a bit open so PCs have the option of diversifying their abilities to suit their characters.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »
After all of the hard effort you're putting into this (and after Sean telling me about it on FB), I feel i owe you an explanation. There's definitely a certain interest about this battle. But the only reason why I'm limiting how many battles I'm involved in is because I don't want to spread myself too thin. Much like Kith, I don't think I can committ to running too many battles all at once, even if it's just two. However, I'm still trying to come up with a character interesting enough to be worthy of the game. Just wanted to get it out that I'm interested, but my multitasking skills are somewhat limited at present. But In case the epic battle takes another four weeks to move along, I'm just going to invest all my time in the Legion Immortalis.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:06:18 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 02:35:46 AM »
@ Faran : In case you were wondering about her response, Cleo takes the "security" of the Ageless very seriously. You will be gaining more information about her abilities and why she may have reacted so negatively to this particular part of your statements once you reach Avalon.

Offline Faran Beshral

• Scout Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 02:44:35 AM »
Hehe, yeah I seem to have touched a nerve.  ;D Reply pending.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 05:57:12 AM »
I've posted, but i've realised that my posts are more reactionary than making any more action.

Oh well. Let's see how it goes :D

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 12:41:36 PM »
@ Faran: You are going to need to edit your post. The NPCs are there for you to interact with and benefit from, but you may not god-mod their words or actions. Thus, you are making Cleo out to be FAR more evil than she actually is. Before I post again, I am going to need you to change this because this is completely out of character with what Cleo would actually do.

"She dropped into a demure pose and smiled sarcastically sweetly. That was when I found myself emerging gasping for breath from a tub of freezing water, just warm enough not to kill me. I saw her still in the center of the tent and laughing uproariously. I didn't even see this tub when I got here. I glared at her in my soaked misery and she laughed all the more. Yes. I would join with them."

Cleo has absolutely no desire to bully you into going to Avalon. The only time she exhibited anger was when you challenged the security of the Ageless.

Also, I'll hand-wave what you already posted about the Bulwark, but you would actually have no access to information on the Bulwark of Heaven, and VERY limited knowledge of the Ageless themselves. You had mentioned you had researched extensively in the Mages' tomes, but mortals know next to nothing about the actual nature of the Ageless. They know that they are immortal beings that protect humanity, but that's about it.

@ Fenwick: As such, you might want to revise this section

"As he reached out to Cleo's shoulder, a sudden flash caught eye, and he witnessed Faran gasping for breath in some water. Cleo's laughter following that made him flinch. Faran deserved some of it though..."

As soon as you guys edit, I'll get my next post up. I'll be adding in Kith's character today as well.