Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8043  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread  (Read 37363 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2010, 03:18:51 PM »
   @ Kitharsis: Even with Dexterity- Accuracy, it is still possible to miss a target (especially against boss characters.) However, the arrows that Archer has gifted you NEVER miss. They are impossible to be dodged, deflected, or destroyed. However, once you use them, they lose their enchantment and become simple, regular arrows. Please be sure to add this to your character sheet so you don’t forget you have them.

In addition, Archer has granted you one of her belt pouches. This is a token of esteem that expresses her interest in you (similar to the mark that Cleo placed upon Fenwick.) This has no actual benefit, but will open conversations regarding Archer with other NPCs.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2010, 05:20:05 PM »
Athletics, Dodge, Spiritual Magic.  He doesn't have Accuracy, at least not yet.  He matches Faile in his innate abilities.  While he has had training in archery and is great with a bow he isn't an expert marksman just yet.  The arrows will come in handy until he can get training :D

Updated my character post.  I listed 12 arrows so I can keep track.

P.S. Fensten is a great name for a bear!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:29:44 PM by Kitharsis »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »
Thanks. I'll modify the Dex-Accuracy bit. For some reason, I thought you already had it. However, if you keep hanging around Archer, you'll probably pick it up pretty quickly. She's pretty much the Master of all things Accuracy in Avalon.

I made a slight edit on your character addition. Those arrows WILL work on bosses.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:53:58 PM by Faidth »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2010, 11:06:38 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry I must have read the description wrong.

Faile isn't gorging into Fensten's ear, in case its unclear.  She's just giving him a good petting.  We'll be heading to the armory next, once Dennan tires of Sembas pestering him  ;D

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2010, 01:42:03 AM »
@Kith: I'll let you finish any dialogue you would like to pursue with Dennan, then we'll send you to the armory to meet Smith.

Should you continue to seek Dennan out when you're in Avalon, discourse with him while you're traveling on assignments together, or make a point of stating that you would like to work with him on Shapeshifting, you will eventually acquire the Wisdom-Shapeshifting ability and five forms (to start with. You'll earn more forms as you progress.)

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2010, 04:13:09 AM »
Alright! The invisibility, can I tailor it such that Fenwick can still see it? I'm assuming he can right?

After that, Fenwick will be moving on to Cleo's place, hopefully.
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2010, 04:07:45 PM »
Yes, you can make the spell so Fenwick can always see the book, but it would not be able to be perceived by anyone else, unless you wanted them to see it. This keeps the Forsaken from getting grabby hands with it.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2010, 04:59:36 PM »
@John: Dethys has given you access to a Copy spell. Please sure to add this to your character thread. Basically, when you encounter bits of writing that you would like to study at a later date, you simply cast the spell and are able to take the parts you need with you. This does not allow you to copy entire books, but will cover at least a page worth of information for a source of interest.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
@Kith: Please note on your character sheet that you now possess two finely, crafted Bue Steel/Diamond weapons (a spear and hunter's knife respectively.) Note that these weapons are unbreakable and will penetrate almost anything (this excludes certain forms of magically-enhanced armors, however, it will easily cut through mundane armors.) There is also a chance that the knife can actually cut through mundane weapons, rendering them unable to be used.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 10:56:16 PM »
I knew visiting the armory would be a good idea  8)

An ageless smith is a great person to have on your side!  Thanks Faidth!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2010, 11:06:54 PM »
@Kith: Not a problem! Yes, visiting the armory was an excellent idea, especially when said smith has almost 600 years of smithing experience!

Should you find a good bit of Ironwood (which is a distinct possibility given your affiliation with Archer) and should you get your hands on some Alviss-Touched Ore (which is VERY likely, given one of the PCs that will be joining you shortly) Smith will be able to make you a legendary weapons with said components.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2010, 11:27:23 AM »
Posted my spells on the character creation sheet and worked my latest post to that effect.

I assumed that I hadn't casted them though, and so fortified his tome in front of Cleo. If, however, it was supposed to have been casted instantly, I can edit the spell casting section out. :)

Also, zappy zappy!!!!! Make Cardack buuuuuuuuuurn!!!  8)
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2010, 06:11:13 PM »
@Rethagos: Make sure you are not posting dialogue for any of the NPCs. Make sure that you are only posting what your character says, and not how the NPCs would respond. For example, in your last post, Dethys would not suggest taking you to the library before the Bulwark. As getting you to the headquarters is his primary objective, he would not suggest otherwise. I'll leave what you have this time, but make sure that you are posting only for your character.

Also, with this post I have moved Rethagos into the Headquarters of The Bulwark of Heaven. If you would like to see a physical description of the NPCs you encounter, or what the establishment looks like, refer to pgs. 2-3 of our Board Battle.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:52:55 PM by Faidth »

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2010, 07:02:02 AM »
Do I have control over Cardack? He's an NPC, but he's still with Fenwick. A few words?

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2010, 10:13:09 AM »
Feel free to have Smith shoo Sembas out of the Armory.  I believe I've used my three opportunities so I suppose Sembas is at your mercy  ;)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »
@John: Yes. I can give you at least some control over Cardack. If you write anything I feel would be out of character for him, I will just have you modify it. I would treat Cardack like I would Faile. While I may have them facilitating some dialogue or actions, you still have a right to work with them as they are extensions of your characters.

@Kith: While we are catching Rethagos up, I'll think up something cool for Sembas to work on.

@Faran: Where are you headed now so I can begin preparing something for you?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:41:37 PM by Faidth »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »
@Rethagos: Give me an idea of what you're looking for in the library. Is there a particular spell? Are you looking for general information regarding the Ageless? The Forsaken? Etc.?

Offline Depheir Kogthar

• Scout
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2010, 02:18:55 PM »
First, I am looking for information about the Forsaken.
Then I will search for any useful spells.

Description of a spell discovered will be in a mine post, okay?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:57:52 PM by Rethagos »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2010, 03:28:05 PM »
@Rethagos: What type of spell do you want to discover in the library? Tell me what you want, and then I'll write up the stats for it for you.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »
Faidth, sorry about this, but I'm not entirely sure what Cleo's saying when she says:

“Fury had never extended him an invitation for the Bulwark, as she could not the unrest and penchant for trouble in his soul."

As she could not...???

And yay for second thread!