Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Upcoming games HYPE!  (Read 6256 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Upcoming games HYPE!
« on: August 22, 2018, 12:56:42 AM »
So yeah, was talking to Cameron about some upcoming games that we are excited about and kinda wonder what other people might be looking forward to.  In my case it is certainly Red Dead Redemption 2, Metro Exodus, and Kingdom Hearts 3.  RDR1 is one of my top all favorite video games and especially after the latest gameplay trailer was released its clear that RDR2 has a HIGH chance at overtaking RDR1.  The Metro series have always been quite fun and interesting, though I am slightly unsure as to how the game will  go since apparently most of it will now be topside.  Then there is KH3.  I love the setting of the Kingdom Hearts games, and certainly am liking some of the worlds that have been revealed to be in the game (Toy Story, Arendelle, etc).  I almost forgot Sekiro: Shadows die twice though.  After I got Bloodborne earlier this year I really have gotten into From Soft games and based off the trailer they showed I have high hopes for Sekiro (really hope they release more info soon).

So, what games are the rest of you looking forward to in the coming months?
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: Upcoming games HYPE!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 09:17:37 AM »
I just got a switch last month.  First game I picked up was Zelda: BOTW, which is amazing.  I'm currently heavily invested in a play through of that right now.  I'm giving the pc a rest for now, until babies don't take up all of my time.  The switch is awesome for pausing whenever I need to.  And its easy to carry around and get some time in when I have a spare few minutes. 

Upcoming hype:  Smash Bros. Ultimate

I also have Octopath Traveller on the back burner, haven't even opened the box yet...

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 01:28:05 AM »
Definitely looking forward to RDR2 here. But it's kind of hard to get excited about any other games now that I've seen the gameplay footage of Cyberpunk 2077...

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 09:58:28 AM »
The only thing about Cyberpunk 2077 I'm excited about is watching the uproar from disappointed people taking to Reddit and bashing the game for being overhyped  ;D

The trailers do look pretty sweet though.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 10:07:26 AM »
If this was anyone other than CD Projekt Red working on it, I'd probably agree with you. They're working hand in hand with the guy who wrote the Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper game, and the Witcher games were phenomenal, and they aren't EA or Ubisoft, so I'm willing to have faith that they'll at least be close to meeting the hype.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 12:08:04 PM »
I mean, it can be a fantastic game and still not live up to the hype, because hype sets unreasonable expectations beyond what anyone could be expected to deliver.