Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: 3/21/2021: Resignation, New Administrator  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
3/21/2021: Resignation, New Administrator
« on: March 21, 2021, 06:33:37 PM »
Greetings, all. I hope you all are well.

As of this moment, I have made my final post in the Eye of Terror thread and have relinquished my Battle Master status. I would also like to announce at this time that I am resigning as the Administrator of the Administorum, effective immediately. My mental health has not been great over the years, and my inability to focus on this website has caused it to be dead for years. I cannot continue to delude myself into thinking that I can put forth the effort needed to save this place. It is time to let someone else have the helm.

I am hereby promoting Soul Reaver to Administrator. No one has been more dedicated to this site and to the Board Battles as a whole as him, and I know that he will take care of the place. All further decisions regarding rules, staffing of Inquisitors, and how the Board Battles will work going forward are now up to him. At this time, Jharm remains an Inquisitor, and any status change there would need to be discussed between the two of them.

As I am the one who is the most knowledgeable about the inner workings of the site and the web hosting, I will be staying on as the Caretaker of the site. I will not be exerting any authority over the forum other than maintaining the site, and would ask that you direct any questions that do not directly involve account issues or problems with the site itself to Soul Reaver or the Inquisitorial staff going forward.

I will still be around, and may even participate in any continuation of the Epic Battle, if I feel that I am up to it. So this isn't goodbye. But I feel that me taking this step back is absolutely required for the Administorum to have any future beyond right now. I hope you understand, and can forgive me for taking this long to make this call.

Forever yours in service,
Cameron Aileron
Former Administrator of the Administorum

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: 3/21/2021: Resignation, New Administrator
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 06:47:21 PM »
Thank you Cameron.  I'm sorry that you felt this became necessary, but I hope that my being Administrator will help the site and help relive you of some of the pressure it's been putting on you.

First things first:
A lot of us are at a different stage in our lives than we were when the Board Battles started all those years ago, myself included.  As such, things will certainly not move as fast as they did back in the day (where we would post multiple times a day in a single epic battle thread), but I do want to revive the boards and get things moving.

For now, everyone should feel free to post in the epic battle thread.
I'll gradually be doing a stocktake of where we're at, who is still around, what needs refreshing and where we go next.

I've sent everyone who was last active in The Eye of Terror thread an email to the email address you associated with your account.  Please check your email and respond (or if you don't have access to your email anymore, update it and get in touch with me via PM).

Welcome back everyone.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:00:06 PM by Soul Reaver »