Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Sintel  (Read 7550 times)

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
Sintel
« on: October 09, 2010, 11:38:36 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ

A short CGI with an epic fantasy setting. 14.48 mins long including 2 mins credits, check it out!

Best thing is that the software to make it is free of charge! Made by Blender Productions, the software's called Blender, allows you to make these kinda CGI graphics... free!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Sintel
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »
Such a very sad tale, but so well made. It's definitely a good piece of work.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 07:58:03 PM »
Nice movie.  Wouldn't it be cool if someone made a multiverse-themed movie with it?

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 09:20:31 PM »
@Chorus and Reaver:  My thoughts exactly.

:D
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 12:23:28 PM »
Beautifully done and very well told. But the ending was rather depressing, which kind of ruined it for me.  I was all like "Whoah this is... :o" throughout its entirety, and then at the end of the cave scene, it all changed to "oh, dammit... :-\"

Wouldn't it be cool if someone made a multiverse-themed movie with it?

Working on it as we speak  :D. Might take a little while, though  ::).
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:48:17 AM »
Working on it as we speak  :D. Might take a little while, though  ::).

ARRRGH! that means I won't be able to see Seth in it because I can't post him in the board yet!! D: I'm essentially a forum stalker right now until I can put up Seth for approval.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it Danyael! Well, enjoyed it till the part where it ruined it for you. Heh.

How long has the movie been in production? Is it fresh or has it been on going?

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »
ARRRGH! that means I won't be able to see Seth in it because I can't post him in the board yet!! D: I'm essentially a forum stalker right now until I can put up Seth for approval.

It's still in production stages. You've got plenty of time. No worries.  8)

How long has the movie been in production? Is it fresh or has it been on going?

Been working on it since mid-september. Currently, I'm working on it in my free time. I think the hardest part is getting the interpretations of everyone's characters right. To be honest, I have no idea when the film will be complete, as there are only a few select times in my schedule when I can work on it. I have a storyline written up, though I'm constantly editing it. So far, I have only four character concepts actually drawn up, and that took me from september to earlier this month to finish. And that was on paper, not on the computer.

Who knows, maybe I'll get a boatload of free time and speed things up a tad. Anything's possible. I can't guarantee timely updates, though I can guarantee that it's possible to be online by sometime in Spring 11. I'll gradually be getting a few others to help out, but I'm still taking requests for anyone who wants to have their character featured. I'm not trying to get in trouble for either putting someone's character in without their permission or wrongly representing them.  So if you want your character featured, let me know. I'm planning for it to be two or three films, with the first film being specifically dedicated to introducing characters. I know it sounds unoriginal, but it's probably going to be in the storytelling style of Dead Fantasy.

But hey, just because I'm working on a short film for the boards doesn't mean no one else can. :)
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 07:55:41 PM »
If you ever need a male voice actor, just ask, and I'd be willing to help out :P

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 11:06:04 AM »
For the first film, I'll probably be using voices from different video games, as the characters will mostly be using battlecries throughout their parts; such as the voices of the casts from Soul Calibur (the first one, not the other three) and Samurai Showdown. I've got a slightly larger team (two more members) and we're looking at the first movie being refitted into introducing the characters in their own sections. The number of characters provided will determine length. But that will also determine how long it will take to complete the first project. A lot of thi is still in the starting phases of production, though. So I don't want to get too much ahead and promise certain things as concrete when they might change into something completely different as the project progresses. I'm guessing by your reply, we have your permission to use Sethran Ravenhall in the film. :)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 09:27:26 PM »
Use him as you wish. You can even ask me for information on his appearance.