Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8043  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3  (Read 62868 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2011, 12:35:59 AM »
By the way Cam, is Sig's character history anywhere on this board?  Between the emergency booze post and all this mention of "Son of Alviss" and ripping people apart, I gotta' admit, I'm curious and I'd like to read more about him.  If not, no biggie.

Sig's history is deeply entwined with the backstory of the Sons of Alviss,  and that is SPOILERS for a later story arc, so I'm not at liberty to say anything yet. Once we reach that part of the story, I'll be allowed to post Sig's history.

However, there's nothing really stopping you from asking Sig things in character. ;)

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »
Sweet!  I intend to have him interact with other characters as much as possible as soon as opportunities present themselves.

Oh yeah, everybody posted, so maybe I should post my intro to battle action... mah bad.  I'm on it!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
Let me resolve that actions from all the previous attacks and when I do, your character will enter the fray, Jorumn. :)

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2011, 07:33:46 PM »
Oh okay cool. XD  Thanks for letting me know!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »
Test, test. Is this thing on?

After a rather lengthy hiatus, and your frequent inquiries to the administrator, I have decided to resume The Legion Immortalis BB. I will need some time to review my previous materials and to prepare for future posts, but I intend to start no later than the beginning of next month. I would like to take a roll call here to determine who will be resuming this BB with me, or if there are any here who would like to withdraw their characters from the BB. So, if you will be participating in this BB, just add a reply to this thread so I know how many/who to account for.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2013, 02:07:07 AM »
I am highly looking forward to this battle restarting and continuing playing as Sig, if you'll allow it.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2013, 01:10:23 PM »
Absolutely! As the only Chosen of Alviss in the party thus far, he will be an integral part of what I have planned.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »
I might have found about the Administorum from Soul Reaver’s TTBE, but it was The Legion Immortalis that sealed the deal. Awesome story and very well written. I would love to be a part of it. I was so sad when it stopped a few weeks after I joined. :'(
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »
AWWWW YEAHHHHH!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
@Radobe: Aww! Well, thank you for being willing to be part of the story! I have always thought one of things that makes Legion so great is the players in it! Glad to have you aboard!

@Archdemon Stu: Well, you may have changed your handle, but glad to see your enthusiasm is still intact! :P  Glad to have you back!

I am going to read back through some of the threads this week to refresh myself with where I left off. As I mentioned, everything will be up and running by the beginning of August (earlier if I can manage it!)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:37:43 PM by Faidth »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2013, 05:34:04 PM »
Great news! After much searching, I was able to find a large amount of my old materials (notes on characters, general direction for the plot, etc.) This may actually speed things up on my end! I am currently reading through part of the archives to make sure I don't miss anything important, but at this rate, once I hear back from everyone who was involved, I may be able to begin earlier than August!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »
So.  Much.  Win.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2013, 05:12:08 PM »
I'm in.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
I spoke with john greymore (Fenwick) and he will also be rejoining us. So as of right now, all of our previous players will be returning (save for Depheir and Faran Beshral.) Siron will also be making his much anticipated entrance. Over the next few days, I will be doing some reorganizing in related threads (NPCs, Locations, Enemies, etc.) If you have not done so yet, I would advise reading through at least the Part 4 thread to refresh yourself on where we left off. I can tell you that we will not be picking up in the midst of battle, but there will be a resolution to your interactions with Bayard Cael and the Otaktay.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »
Is there any chance for a retcon of current characters? 

I don't have anything particular in mind, just seeing if it would be an option.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
I would entertain the possibility should anyone have any suggestions. Obviously Sembas can't start randomly shooting eyebeams if he wasn't able to do so before, but if anyone had minor changes to make to their character, I would likely allow it.

As for those characters who are not returning, I will leave an opening for them to come back should they ever desire to do so.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2013, 03:00:22 PM »
For me there's been just one small thing bothering me about my character that's super nit-picky: my choice to replace j's with i's in order to facilitate people not familiar with the particular culture I was imitating somewhat.  As of late, with Thor and Skyrim and a bunch of other viking-like media coming out, people seem to be a lot more familiar with it.

If I copied what I wrote in my character sheet and replaced the I's with J's, could I fix that? :P  If not, it's not a big deal since it isn't the exact same culture and would still make perfect sense.  Just nit-picking.

I dunno', what do you guys think?  Fjorin, or Fiorin?

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2013, 03:52:16 PM »
I would be completely in favor of that! I am actually kind of surprised you had not done it that way since the beginning! I always found early Norse/Scandinavian culture to be quite interesting (I teach a unit on Norse mythology for my students! :)  ) So either way is fine with me.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
Okay, Part 1 of my post is up. This was intended to wrap up the combat with Bayard Cael. Part 2 of my post (which I should hopefully have up within the next few days) will lead the party back to Avalon where the fallen will be laid to rest, and a decision must be made about the Otaktay. You may feel free to have your characters react to what they have just witnessed.

Once the party returns back to Avalon, Siron will also be introduced.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:47:42 PM by Faidth »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2013, 04:59:51 PM »
Craps.

I thought I had more time to reacquaint myself with Sembas and Faile. 

I must prepare!