Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3  (Read 53256 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2011, 03:26:08 PM »
Sorry for the delay.

@Nemo: If you would like to engage Constancy/Dennan in conversation at the camps, you may be able to pick up a useful spell.

@Kitharsis: If you actively help Archer to attempt to uncover Depheir's path, you may actually be able to gain a tracking skill/spell.

@Depheir: It seems you have picked up a hitchhiker. Feel free to discourse with the Carnis, though I can't promise he'll be willing to speak to you. At this point, he pretty much has full control of your body, though your thoughts are your own. He won't attempt to eavesdrop on anything you're thinking.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
I'll probably try to toss up a post before the end of the weekend.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2011, 09:40:55 AM »
Hey guys!

As stated in this thread here: http://nerdramblingz.com/starforums/index.php?topic=222.0;topicseen

I'll be in the army. I'll be confined for the first 2 weeks, and when I return for a 2 day weekend, I have family and friends to catch up with, weep for the joy of having air con and whatever crap like that. As such, if I am unable to post in time for the story to move on, I'm allowing Faidth to take control of Fenwick and GOD MOD him forward.

God Mod is such a cool two-word word.

See you soon!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2011, 07:41:53 PM »
Good luck, Nemo. I hope everything goes well, and I'll take good care of Fenwick in your absence.

@All: It had slipped my mind that midterm grades are due tomorrow, and as such, I have 106 spelling tests to grade, so posting will have to wait another day or two. At that time, you'll get a response to your previous posts and possibly will be introduced to Jorumn's character. If you haven't taken a look at his character sheet, be sure to do so.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2011, 08:15:56 PM »
@Nemo:  Good luck!  Many adventures await, no doubt. :P

@Players:  I've read over everyone's characters, NPCs, and some of the posts in Bulwark of Heaven (still working on it, lotsa' posts), so hopefully I won't be too in the dark.  If you want to plot things during a battle or whatnot with me, go ahead and shoot me a message and I'll usually respond pretty quickly. :D

@Faidth:  Thank you for your ridiculously swift approval and implementation of my character. :3

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 11:26:11 PM »
As this is now the only battle I am participating in, I am ready to resume posting again as soon as my character can be brought back in.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 10:49:21 AM »
Great! We'll check back in with Sig as well!  ;D

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 11:27:03 AM »
Sorry for the delay. I have parent/teacher conferences again tonight (until pretty late.) However, I do have off tomorrow and should hopefully have something up. :)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2011, 11:45:31 PM »
@Jorumn: You will be added in during the next post. I've already got a plan for your entrance! :)

@Kitharsis: You've gotten another Wisdom-Based spell now. I'll let you write the stats. (submit to your character sheet as usual.) The jist of it is, it is a tracking-based spell that can be used whenever you encounter a set of prints. It illuminates the prints of that single individual or entity, easily allowing you to pick them out from other footprints and anything that would normally interfere with your ability to track the footprints.

@Nemo: Nemo, whenever you check in again, you can upgrade your LIFESAVER spell to now heal bones rather than just mending deep cuts. It may not be an instantaneous healing and will require a great deal of attention on your character's part, but Fenwick can now mend bones.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2011, 01:32:47 AM »
Awesome!  I'll be here, suffering from child-waiting-for-Christmas syndrome. :P

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2011, 03:39:52 PM »
Depheir and Sig,

You have until Wednesday to post, at which time if you do not, your characters will be god-modded.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2011, 07:41:29 AM »
Jorumn, I hope that your introduction was okay. I was not intending to introduce the Lady of Shadows until the second part of the story arc, but I was very eager to work you in!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
I thought it was awesome, and I actually laughed pretty hard at him glaring at Depheir.  It was perfectly in character.  Thanks for working me in! :D

Real quick though, Depheir is the only one that can hear the Carnis, right?

EDIT: Oh yeah and just for future reference, if you're comfortable with it, feel free to God-mod Fiorin a bit in your posts if it helps things along.  I doubt you'll ruin my character by doing so.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:12:23 PM by Jorumn Fargazer »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »
At this point, the Carnis has reached his destination, and as such, is back to being incorporeal. The main reason he took possession of Depheir was so he could 1.) Move faster (he can move much more quickly with a host) and 2.) Bring Depheir to the Lady of Shadows to prove he had found Ageless in the area. Thus, the Carnis can be heard by anyone now (if he chooses to address them) and Depheir is no longer possessed. Since you would have been there for awhile, you are likely on good terms with the Carnis as he, Aras and the Lady are all acquainted with you.

Feel free to engage with the Carnis (Lai) if you should feel the need to do so. More of his origin will likely be revealed in the next post.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »
Ohhh okay.  I was just confused because of: "You should keep our strength up" and wasn't sure if he was still inside Depheir or not.

In case an interaction with Lai comes up (and these are probably stupid questions), is he visible, and if not, is there a way to detect his presence?

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »
Sorry. Typo. Fixed it. It should read "your" and not "our."

Not at all! Those aren't stupid questions! Lai is incorporeal so he does not have a physical body. In one of the in-battle posts I talked a little bit about the Carnis and the fact that people (not even Ageless or Forsaken) can usually perceive them. The only beings that seem to be able to pick up on the presence of a Carnis are animals, and because Dennan is really more animal than man due to his nature and abilities, he can pick up on things that animals can.

However, it is worth mentioning, that Lai is pretty reasonable (when he's not being a belligerent asshole) and realizes people don't generally like talking to air. If you ask for him to show himself, he will take the form of an illusion so you have somewhere to direct your statements.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 10:22:54 AM »
@All: You have until Thursday to post, at which point your characters will be god-modded if you have not. 

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2011, 04:09:13 PM »
I think I've seen it before, but just to make sure:  posting twice is okay as long as it's just for character to character interactions, right?  Hope I didn't jump the gun. :P

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2011, 08:02:21 PM »
Yes! That is both complete fine and highly encouraged! :)

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2011, 04:30:43 AM »
Hey all! I don't have much time. I've been posted as a driver and I'm going back to camp very soon. Regardless, I don't think there's much that I can get Fenwick to do right now. I'll update his character sheet later on and have him go through the spell in his mind over and over again. Cos hey, it's cool to do so. :D
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.