Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3  (Read 53278 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »
Gah. I hate lengthy expositions. They take forever to post.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2011, 09:32:07 PM »
A very interesting read though!

Quick couple of questions:

-Can Fiorin sense the others, or is that an ability that comes to Ageless later on?

-Also, he is technically still not officially Ageless, right?

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2011, 11:40:55 AM »
Fiorin would perceive it as an itch in the back of his mind. He will feel it, but may not know its significance. The more he is around other Immortalis, the more the skill will develop. Eventually, it is one that every Immortalis gets. The Elders are pros at this, but for the Childer Immortalis, it will take time to cultivate.

Fiorin is an Immortalis, but has not technically sided with the Ageless or Forsaken at this point. I'm sure you've already read up on this but just for the purpose of summary:

Ageless: When not assisting in the human realm, the Ageless reside in the capital city of Avalon, a place that can only be reached through a "Gateway." The Ageless are dedicated to the preservation of humankind and serve a benevolent being known as the Divine. The leaders of the Ageless are the Archon (Oran Raven) and the Blood-Warden General (Deya Fury.) Together, they lead The Bulwark of Heaven, the strongest of the Ageless who generally do battle on the frontlines. The majority of the Ageless end up joining the Bulwark at some point in their existence.

Forsaken: Are dedicated to the destruction of humanity and when not terrorizing, raping, pillaging and plundering, reside in their capital, Darastae, which is a horrific reflection of Avalon itself. Their leader is Severan Deceit (once known as Severan Victor.) He was once an Ageless who defected and became the champion of the Adversary. Severan is exceptionally powerful, but generally tends to avoid the frontlines. His second is Lt. Cauter, who loves nothing more than capturing and torturing Ageless, and slaughtering humans.

You technically have a choice in which faction you want to join, but right now, you are in the company of an Ageless party. Everyone will have the opportunity to defect to the Forsaken should they choose to, knowing it will likely put you at odds with other PCs.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2011, 03:37:55 PM »
I read up on a lot of it, but the summarized clarification was really helpful.  Thanks for taking the time to do so! :)

EDIT: Okay, posted and edited it to have a little more character interaction with Depheir.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:52:18 PM by Jorumn Fargazer »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
Just waiting for Sig to post. Unless I hear from Greymore, I am probably just going to god-mod him again after Sig posts.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »
Anyone who hasn't posted yet has until tomorrow, at which point your character will be god-modded if you do not.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2011, 10:43:46 AM »
Just deleted the last two lines of my post for reasons of conflicting with the rest of the post. XD

Mmmm... tense situations with potentially dangerous individuals.  Always a good time.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
Anyone who hasn't posted has until tomorrow, at which time you will be god-modded.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2011, 11:31:41 PM »
I'm back now. Sorry for the delay.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2011, 11:32:14 PM »
Okay, now that everyone has posted, I'll have a post up tomorrow. Hopefully there will be no further delays in the immediate future.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »
Sorry. Worked late. I get off earlier tomorrow, so I should have something up by tomorrow evening.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
Posted!  About that last line in my post though, it's sort of presumptuous I think assuming Lai would accept the proposition.  Should I delete it?

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2011, 05:58:42 PM »
Nope. You're fine! :)

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »
Last question (I think): since Fiorin has to do some catching up to do, will he involved in the battle this post or next?  I figured the latter, but it would look silly if I was wrong and he sat idly by when I was supposed to have him jump in on this post. XD

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2011, 05:40:58 PM »
You can post this turn. I would just request that you post after the other PCs since they will likely arrive a few minutes before you in game.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2011, 05:42:07 PM »
Anyone who does not post by Tuesday, August 2nd, will be god-modded. No exceptions or extensions.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2011, 05:24:05 PM »
I may be forgetting the rules.  But we can perform one action per post?  So Sembas casting FireBreath was his turn for this post, correct?  Or is he able to whack someone with his spear or fire off an arrow too?

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2011, 05:54:44 PM »
Thank you for the clarification.  I'm actually fine with my post.

If Sembas was to fire arrows at the Otaktay he could potentially kill them. 

He is still fired up from adrenaline and the exchange with the Lady of Shadows and Aras so running headlong into battle is just fine.

Edit:  Plus by the time he reached the Otaktay they should be ready for him and it just felt odd writing that he ran all that way and expected to smack someone with his spear.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:56:35 PM by Kitharsis »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2011, 11:33:19 PM »
I'm back again! And Faidth should be right behind me!  ;D

Let's get this show on the road. Sig's attack is obviously meant to drive back the lead attacker, giving him a chance to either rip his throat out or just cut his head clean off with a counter. Striking Ballad has no cast time and automatically allows a counter if it hits. If the initial blow doesn't hit for whatever reason, just disregard the counter.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2011, 12:15:22 AM »
YAY!  I always get super excited when this BB updates, so that's awesome news to me.

By the way Cam, is Sig's character history anywhere on this board?  Between the emergency booze post and all this mention of "Son of Alviss" and ripping people apart, I gotta' admit, I'm curious and I'd like to read more about him.  If not, no biggie.