Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread X  (Read 60369 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread X
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2017, 05:34:23 AM »
I'm on holiday and on the move pretty much daily, so haven't had a chance to check the boards or post.

I have to get up early tomorrow as I'll be driving for about 5-6 hours, starting early, so I can't get a post together tonight, but I'll do my best to get something written when I have some downtime.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2017, 11:50:59 AM »
These are the OOC posts I would have liked to see before the holidays started.  ;)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2017, 04:19:59 AM »
These are the OOC posts I would have liked to see before the holidays started.  ;)

Well, this was expected, but just how busy I was in the leadup wasn't... :(

Anyway, have posted a cool post.  Let me know if anything is unclear.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:58:28 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #183 on: January 02, 2017, 12:12:13 PM »
That's everyone but Danyael. I'm giving him till tomorrow night, and then I absolutely have to get a post up cause I have two conventions back to back coming up that are going to severely limit my time.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2017, 12:13:55 AM »
Just need a confirmation, positive or negative, from you Cameron.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2017, 01:32:34 AM »
Just need a confirmation, positive or negative, from you Cameron.

Reply sent.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »
Soul Reaver has thrown Blooddrinker at the crystal pillar in the room, on the assumption that it is somehow connected to the hostile Rubric marines and may also be connected to the attacks the room is throwing at them.

Blooddrinker is a physical projectile so it could be knocked out of the air by some force (if it's very quick and accurate) but it's spinning extremely quickly end-over-end, so that force would need to come from the sides or it would simply be sliced through by Blooddrinker, likely without stopping.

If Blooddrinker hits, it will cause damage to the pillar and start draining away the energies flowing over/through it to disrupt them.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2017, 05:48:38 PM »
Well, shit.

I made my post without an accompanying OOC post because I was making it from work and only had time to throw up the finished post before I had to leave, and really wasn't expecting anyone to reply before I got home. Oops. :p

Anyway, you'll notice that I didn't really address everyone's actions in my last post. For the most part, you guys were all fighting (and slightly god-modding) the Rubric Marines, so I didn't bother elaborating on those attacks. Your explanation of what they did was good enough. I did respond directly to Jharm and Soul Reaver's attempt to absorb or destroy the souls, since that directly affected my post.

Soul Reaver... you may have just gotten yourself stuck in a sticky situation, depending on how I decide to handle what you just did. As I described in my post before this one, that crystal pillar is what all that warp energy that's coursing through the Spire is contained in. Shattering it, or even cracking it, could have dire consequences. I was going to mention that in my OOC, but you kind of beat me to posting it. I'll leave it up to you, cause I do have some interesting ideas that are forming already, but if you feel that Soul Reaver didn't mean to act that reckless, I'm fine with you editing.I just want  to make sure you have the option.

I god-modded Danyael by having him not take any action just yet. Danyael, that still leaves you just outside of the Spire and safe from any attacks at the moment, so it should be pretty easy for you to catch up.

I'm leaving tomorrow for MAGFest and then AGDQ. I can't guarantee that I'll have time to post before January 16th, though I will try to work on something earlier next week if everyone's replied by then. If you have any questions, try to get them to me before tomorrow night.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
Oh, sorry I had assumed that we had some liberty to kill off a Rubric Marine or two based on an earlier post of yours.

I can edit my post to stop with the god modding of Rubric Marines, if needed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2017, 11:21:13 AM »
Oh, sorry I had assumed that we had some liberty to kill off a Rubric Marine or two based on an earlier post of yours.

I can edit my post to stop with the god modding of Rubric Marines, if needed.

You did. No need to edit, and God modding them is still fine. I was just making sure that no one thought I was ignoring their posts.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »
Ah, gotcha!

Enjoy the MAGs and AGDQs!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2017, 02:54:18 PM »
As is the case with Cameron I will also be headed off to Magfest today, I will be back home likely this sunday afternoon/evening.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »
Soul Reaver... you may have just gotten yourself stuck in a sticky situation, depending on how I decide to handle what you just did. As I described in my post before this one, that crystal pillar is what all that warp energy that's coursing through the Spire is contained in. Shattering it, or even cracking it, could have dire consequences. I was going to mention that in my OOC, but you kind of beat me to posting it. I'll leave it up to you, cause I do have some interesting ideas that are forming already, but if you feel that Soul Reaver didn't mean to act that reckless, I'm fine with you editing.I just want  to make sure you have the option.

I'm a bit torn on this one.  I actually wanted to PM you and ask if Soul Reaver would be able to sense anything about the pillar, but then thought it would take too much back and forth before I got to post.

As tempted as I am to let the chips fall as they may, I'll edit the post slightly, suggesting that Soul Reaver is able to sense the amount of energy in the pillar and think better of messing with it.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
I'll have some sense of a post up by tonight, weather permitting. Still at work.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2017, 12:50:51 AM »
Didn't want to inconvenience anyone, so I'm hoping it didn't look like I was god-modding the marines or the companions. To explain, the 'slow motion' is perceived only be Danyael on account of his speed, which is one of his trademark abilities. The actual attack is as follows: he punches, but at the same time, his echoes expand from him with the same action - intent on maximizing the effect of the punch. By way of speed, he spreads his echoes from his own point of origin, performing the same attack at multiple points throughout the chamber. He is not, however, attacking all of the marines. Many. But not all. I looked over the rules and I don't think this violates any, but if it does and I've missed something, I'm not interested in debating or grandstanding. I'll just edit it.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2017, 11:06:01 PM »
Just need to announce to everyone that I'm going overseas to Central America starting tomorrow.  As I'll be on the move without a laptop, my chances to post will be few and far inbetween.  I'll be back in early February.

If my character ends up holding things up Cameron has my permission to God mod Soul Reaver at his discretion, though I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2017, 10:24:36 AM »
Central America!  Where abouts are you going?

Have fun, be safe, take pictures :)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2017, 05:03:30 PM »
Mexico, Cuba and Colombia.

You know, all the safest places.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »
I am officially back. I'll start working on my next post tonight. Sorry for the delay.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »
I should have my post up sometime tomorrow.