Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: I am sad shadow  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
I am sad shadow
« on: February 24, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Because every time I log on, I realize that the board is essentially empty aside from the people taking part in my battle.

On a positive note: You guys are awesome at keeping up, really nice!

On a negative note: I really wanted to take part in the Epic Battle and see what it was like to be a big burly Ork and post alongside all of the big people I idolized back when I was a kid just discovering the To the Bitter End campaign.

I am sad Shadow.

:'(

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: I am sad shadow
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 07:48:35 PM »
I feel ya'.  Was looking forward to playing my first mage character in years for Epic Battle.

And while I only got to make a handful of posts for it, Legion Immortalis is something I'm sad to see inactive.  I can't even describe how excited I was to play my barb in that game.  The few posts I did make were extremely fun, and Faidth showed a true interest in the characters in her game through every post.

Ah well.  I'm just grateful they were willing to take as much time out of their day as they did to host a game (Shadow Chorus included).  It's tough work and all you really get in return is a bunch of people nagging you, haha.

As for Shadowhaunt... heh, love it.  Fun conflicts with Rau to spice things up due to nearly opposite beliefs and forced co-operation, with mild amounts of an odd agree-ability with Wu due to Wu's accepting nature and The Gorger's respect for warrior-types... just all around fun, steady character development.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:12:26 PM by Jorumn Fargazer »

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:51:32 AM »
I know how you feel about Immortalis… I was so hyped about it I read it in one go. Went to write a character down and didn’t even proof read at the end. I was excited beyond believe to take part in it. I still am as a matter of fact. I so wish there was someone I could nag about it at least.

As for shadowhaunt, I am looking forward to seeing where we will take things. Rau on the other hand is having a surreal experience and everything is escalating fast. He is so going to be flaunting aether in The Gorger’s face. I am etching to get buffed up and try things out. I think the Gorger would not mind to be a guinea pig.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 09:06:16 AM »
I can say with reasonable accuracy that I do not forsee legion immortalis ever restarting.  As for epic BB I dont know, I can try to get with starblade to find out whats going on
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »
Starblade is right here, reading this thread.

I have been in touch with Faidth regarding Legion Immortalis multiple times. She really seems like she wants to restart it, but real life continues to interfere. I'll point her in the direction of this thread for motivation.

As for Epic BB... that's really going to depend on the players at this point. Expect an announcement regarding that in the near future.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 04:42:26 PM »
I sits and waits.

I miss Sembas and the Legion Immortalis.  Although, I enjoy the concept of his character more than the skills I actually gave him.  I want to retcon him a little if it is started up again.  The mechanics of his fighting are a little limiting.

I also miss Kitharsis running his fingers through his mohawk and playing with his sand skeletons.

That's the thing with battles dying out.  Its like someone takes your toys away before you're done playing with them.  I'm guilty of creating a whole lot of characters for the epic throughout the years.  Even more for the side battles that sprung up.  Each one has a spot on the toy shelf in my mind.  They're all just waiting to be taken down and played with again.

You can't really just play with your toys by yourself either.  Sure you can try and write a book or short story about them, but its not the same.  They're only interacting with your own imagination.  The whole fun of these boards is putting your imagination against, and combining it with someone elses.  When you write the story yourself you already know the ending, and the ending is half the fun!

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »

I for one am eagerly awaiting this announcement.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 11:46:03 PM »

I too, await this announcement.

Also I'm working on the next post, don't worry about my lateness. It'll be done this next weekend at the -absolute- latest.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 12:51:43 AM »