Battle Related Forums > Board Battle Suggestions/Creation

New BB idea - Shadowstorm

(1/6) > >>

Veldanya Venalla:
Ok, so in my continuing effort to try and get some more Board Battles going I have come up with another possible BB idea.  Won't lie...idea once again came from video games (and it will be pretty obvious what game...but not actually based IN the game or anything).

The year is 2215 and the world is in chaos.  Terrorism has reached an all time high as weapons and technology become easily accessible to just about anyone. The ability to mechanically augment (and some claim the ability to augment via nanites exists as well for those will bottomless pockets) oneself has led to dictators and terrorist cells funding/creating "superhuman" squads to carry out their policies of hate.  An organization that refers to itself as Shadowstorm (sometimes referred to simply as Shadow) has surfaced to combat this, led by a man known simply as Vildayvin who declared that this organization would "charge forth from the shadows to storm the bastions of evil men wherever they may hide".  Shadowstorm is a shadow organization, claiming no allegiance to any one country or ruler, is not publicly accepted by any of the world leaders but behind closed doors is considered to be one of the few things preventing the world from crumbling to absolute ruin.  You are a member of Shadow, recruited for your exceptional skillsets (whatever they may be).   You will never be thanked for your actions, 3/4 of what you do will never even be known to anyone but the highest members of the world governments.  Regardless your service is needed....now more then ever.  Are you prepared to enter the world of Shadowstorm and fight from the darkness for the good of humanity?

Ok pretty much you guys will be able to create a character that will be part of the GSA.  You will decide why exactly you were chosen to be recruited into the organization.  The GSA generally goes for members who excel at a particular field.   All GSA members are excellent soldiers but they (the GSA) prefer people with excellent secondary skills as well.   Are you a master hacker, able to crack through just about any computer known to man?   Maybe you are a master at stealth, able to infiltrate compounds and complete objectives without ever being heard.  Or maybe you are gifted with a silver tongue, able to talk down anyone or convince them to do whatever you want, simply through your gift of speech.

With augmentation (mechanically at least) being widespread, most Shadowstorm operatives are augmented in some form or other.  For the moment im not going to put any strict limits on what your augments can be, but i do ask that your augments fit in with your specialty.  ()Upon further thinking at work i've decided to recind this decision (no PC nano-augs), nano-augmentation will be available for your character. No real change other then you will appear more human then if you go with mechanical augmentation...so you will get to choose how "cyborg"ish you will appear) I forsee this BB possibly being something "similar" to the Epic BB in that you will be playing as well....superhumans.

Ok, well theres my idea, tried to put in enough info to give people at least a general idea of what will be going on and some simple character requirements.  Let me know what you guys think.

Radobe:
This does sound like a good idea but i think if you go down the way of a world more similar to ghost in the shell it will pay off more. A little bit off topic question but has there been a cyborg bb?

Veldanya Venalla:
sorry dont really know anything about ghost in a shell, and no there hasnt really been a cyborg bb

Shadow Chorus:
I'm definitely interested. And while I'm trying to work up a char for Faidth's battle (not being able to use my dwarf until some time later kinda killed my creativity for that realm, but I'm not giving up!), I will definitely be making a Sniper/assassin if this one takes off.

Veldanya Venalla:
k glad to hear it Shadow Chorus, anyone else interested?  Also note I made a slight change in the description, nano-augmentation will be available for the players, so you will be able to decide whether you want to be mechanically or nano augmented (aka do you look like a cyborg or only have a few little marks from being nano-aug'd)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version