Battle Related Forums > Character Discussion

The Gorger WIP

<< < (2/3) > >>

Shadow Chorus:
Well, while a Tamer does not take complete control of an individual monster, they do force them under their wing either by mental or physical limitations. It's sort of like being placed in shackles and slowly developing Stockholm's syndrome. The monster retains free will, but their point of view is warped to that of a 'good guy'. Mind you, they still retain all of their personality traits, such as a violent tendency, or a streak of rudeness, etc, they just share a natural enmity with the monsters of the Blacklands. Either that, or if they resist the mental conditioning of the tamers, they are forced to act for them via magical shock collars and such. I'd suggest having it be a tamer. Tamers give each other their monsters whenever they are needed, you could've just been given to the tamer that will be leading all of the monster characters in the beginning.

Radobe:
May I suggest an old fashion approach? Drinking some of the vampire’s blood in order to get mental fortitude against his mental powers and gain free will (hellsing reference). I think this will give you a lot more options on how to approach the act of gaining free will and let you do whatever you want with the battle afterwards, maybe even free some other ghouls to assist or something.

Archdemon Stu:
I actually came up with a new solution that allows me to keep the premise and pacing of my original story.  The paladin (might even change it to priest or crusader, since paladin isn't technically a class in the setting) will send a messenger to the capital asking to send a tamer, and with a slight variation, the tamer will fight the vampire, losing his current pet in the battle, but takes over The Gorger in a last ditch effort.  The vampire and the tamer's mental battle for control over The Gorger leaves him in a state of limbo, and for the first time since becoming a ghoul, restoring his free will; he is allowed the choice to kill the tamer or the vampire.  Proving the priest/crusader/whatever right, that he could still do good for the world, chooses to destroy the vampire, and in turn loses his free will once again to the tamer.

Shadow Chorus:
Sounds fine to me. In the end, it is your character, I'm just trying to make sure it is within acceptable parameters, but it's your own background. And note that a vampire is technically a type of undead human. Devouring it wouldn't grant you the ability to transform into one. The werewolf is similar, but not quite the same. Consuming the flesh of a werewolf in wolven form gives you the same effect as if you had eaten a wolf. You may take on wolf-like characteristics. Eating a human in general does little more than give you additional power, considering you are already a human.

Note you can also eat small animals; say, a bat, and gain its traits as well, or perhaps a spider or a lizard.

Archdemon Stu:
Alright cool.  Sorry, so much about all this is very new to me, so I'm turning out to be a bit of a pain in the butt. :P

I'll fix the transformations to just include wolf then, that makes sense.  The history will be done sometime this weekend if nothing else is fundamentally wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version