Battle Related Forums > Board Battle Suggestions/Creation

Westward: A world of dust and blood

(1/3) > >>

Veldanya Venalla:
It has been 343 years since Humanity fled a desolate Earth and crash-landed on the planet they named Westward (so named for the fact it rotates around the sun opposite of Earth...the sun rises in the West) and have attempted to survive.  Humans have been forced to modify the technology they had and have evolved (or most may say de-evolved) into a reliance on steam power and the law of the gun.  Outside of the Capital City survival is harsh and frequently short lived.  Marshals, the only law in the wasteland, strive to uphold law and order the only way possible....through the barrel of their guns.  There are many who wander the wastelands....prospectors...bandits...smugglers.  What is your calling and what mark might you leave on the desolate world of.....Westward?

Brimstone....central hub of travel between the grand Capital City and outlying settlements in the wastes of Westward.  A city of buzzing activity but also many back alleys where the underworld thrives.  There is a small tavern located with Brimstone named The Rusty Tankard.  A tavern favored by many for the booze as well as the games of chance that occur within its rickety walls.  One such patron is a Marshal known as Vildayvin Devaron.  A man who values honor and justice above all else and has a trigger finger quick to dispense judgement upon bandits and lowlifes who attempt to thrive off the suffering of innocent people.  The man has one weakness though...and that is the clatter of dice and the shuffling of cards.  Today he is satisfying that weakness by playing his favored game of dice called "Liars Dice".[/b]

Scene:  A rickety old building stands before you.  A sign hangs over the door of a brown tankard with some froth on top with the words "The Rusty Tankard" beneath it.  A pair of worn saloon doors hang in the entryway as the sounds of chatter and the clink of glasses echo from within.  Upon entering the tavern you see multiple tables, many occupied by an assortment of men and women.  Along the far wall is a well-kept bar, bottles of whiskey and other assorted alcoholic beverages behind it, a middle-aged man with a thick beard stands behind it, serving drinks and exchanging gossip with patrons.  At some of the tables patrons partake in games of chance such as Six Shoot, poker, and Liars Dice.

Ok, so finally decided to create a poll to see how many people are interested in a steampunk/western style board battle.  I am figuring this board battle will be something in between Legion Immortalis and the Epic BB (your character will not be super powerful like in the Epic BB but I will not be as...hardcore as Legion immortalis with utilizing things as character sheets etc...even though Westward is in fact a P&P game). 

Shadow Chorus:
http://yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.com/

Veldanya Venalla:

--- Quote from: Shadow Chorus on October 01, 2013, 10:36:28 AM ---http://yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.com/

--- End quote ---

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Veldanya Venalla:
Ok so I have two votes...anyone else interested in this?  Please vote (one way or the other) and even better feel free to post your response (especially if you are unsure if you would join or not, maybe I can answer your questions then). 

Veldanya Venalla:
I will give it like one week about until I say heck with it and speak with the Administrator to get things rolling.  Atm it sounds like the prefered number of "im interested" votes is 3 I am not going to hold up the prospective players any longer if we sit at two votes much longer.  I would like as many players as possible but it seems at this points that we are sitting at 2-3 at most so again....not going to hold up the players to see if any more join at the start.  That said if people want to join after I get things going PLEASE post your characters....I would love to see this thing get to the level of Shadowhaunt or (light forbid) Epic BB level.  I know I may have caused some hesitation by my sudden....cancellation of Shadowstorm and for that I apologize but Westward is something I really want to see happen for a number of reasons....the most basic being I really like the setting and since I dont forsee being able to play it in RL I really want to see it happen on the boards :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version