Battle Related Forums > Board Battle Archives

Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge

(1/35) > >>

Veldanya Venalla:
"I bid 4 3's"

"I call bluff."

Three cans are raised and dice are counted to reveal only 3 3's in play.

"Damn it all!"

The man using the green dice reaches forward and removes one of them from play.  It is evident that the goggled man is currently winning this game by a landslide as both of his opponents only have 2 dice each left.  The cans are placed back over the dice and play continues.

"So I hear there are rumors of trouble at Fort Southridge.  You hear anything about it Vil?"

The goggled man looks up after gazing at his dice.

"Yes.  I have a friend down in Yewanrey that was expecting a package from the Fort but it never showed up.  I'll be headed down there in a day or so to check it out for him.  I bid 3 6's by the way."

The man with the red dice looks up his can, and thinks for a moment.

"I call bluff"

The can's are raised again and dice are counted...it would seem Vil had 3 dice all on his own.  A red die is removed and play continues.

"Damn it all Vil!  So anyways...you planning on going down there solo?  That area is right at the edge of the Badlands, prime feral territory. I bid 2 1's."

"Nope, I have a few men on their way that will be joining me for this endeavor.  They should be arriving within the next day or two by my figures.  I call spot on by the way."

It would appear that Vil is right once again as dice are counted and exactly 2 1's are in play.  A red and a green die are removed and the gentleman with the red dice loses his ante.

Vil looks at the man with  the green dice and smiles.

"Looks like its just you and me.  Time to finish this?"

Cans are shaken and slammed.  Vil has 3 dice, and there is only one green die left. 

"So what kind of men do you have coming for this?  I bid one 5"

"Well I sent messages to a Jagger and to a skilled Techanic as well as a gunslinger. 2 5's"

"Sounds like a pretty good combination.  I call spot-on"

Cans are raised to reveal there are 3 5's in play.  Looks like Vil has won this round.

"Care for another round gentlemen?"

===========================================================================================
You have received a letter from a well known Marshall called Vildayvin Devaron.  Within the letter is a job offer from the Marshall to assist with a retrieval mission outside of Yewanrey.  You were instructed to meet the man at the Rusty Tankard located in Brimstone.  You were given one week to show up at the Rusty Tankard or it would be assumed you declined the offer.  The letter also instructed you to present the letter to the barkeep at the Rusty Tankard when you arrived and he would put you in contact with Vildayvin.

Shadow Chorus:
A loud revving noise precludes the Arrival of a figure in a hooded duster.The Bike growls its way through the wasteland to the town of Brimstone before cutting a massive turn, kicking up dust and stopping the Bike just outside of the town's borders. Taking it more slowly the rest of the way into town, parked the bike at the Horse Hitching post. Pulling the key out of the bike and hanging it from his neck, he pulled a heavy metal chain from the bike's bag and looped it between the bike's front bars and the hitching post before slapping a heavy Padlock onto the chain that only opened with the very key that started the bike itself. Ignoring the stares of those who had never seen such a device before, Sethranas Ravenhall strode into the Rusty Tankard. He approached the Bar of the establishment quietly and sat down at a stool that had a view of the window where he could see his bike. His arms met the counter-top with a metallic clunk as his pneumatic bracers made contact with the wood. He reached into his duster and pulled a letter from an inner pocket. Holding it up, he used it to wave the Bartender over before offering it to him.

Veldanya Venalla:
A pair of goggled eyes look up at the sounding of an engine pulling up outside the tavern.

"Sounds like one of them has just arrived."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seth enters the tavern a few eyes (mainly the bouncer...his hand shifting towards a pistol at his him for a few seconds before he returns to crossing his arms) gaze towards him.  The barkeep looks up as the man sits down, glancing down at the bracers as they clunk onto the bartop.  He walks over and accepts the letter from the strange man and notes the broken seal on it...an intricately drawn VD stamped into the wax.  Knowing instantly what the letter is he walks through the "Private" door.  He hands the letter to Vil and waits for a response.  Vildayvin calmly reads the letter then tucks it into his duster.

"Yep, I was correct...please take care of whatever he asks, within reason obviously.  I am expecting two more arrivals and do not wish to repeat myself, their tabs will be taken care of.  (He turns back towards the other two gentlemen at the table) Now gentlemen, how about we switch over to a...shorter game.  You two up for some Six Shoot?"

The barkeep turns and leaves the room as dice and bits clatter across the table.  He walks over to Seth.

"Good evening and welcome to the Rusty Tankard lad.  Me names Ryan "Rusty" McGibbins.  What can I get fer ya?"

Shadow Chorus:
"Water, please." Seth said, pulling his hood down  and lifting his goggles from his eyes, planting them on his forehead. Pulling a rolled up blue sheet of paper from a bag at his side, he unrolled it on the counter and began to pore over its contents. Looking up at the Bartender after scanning through the blueprints for a moment, he decided to ask what he could.

"Do you know anyone who has a Steam compressor they'd be willing to part with? Or a Railroad company nearby? I'm in need of parts."

When the Bartender placed the water next to him, He took a drink to quench his parched throat, listening to anything he had to say while he continued to read the Blueprints.

Veldanya Venalla:
"Water, please."

The barkeep nods at the request...though mildly surprised seeing as how its a tavern and most people who come in request drinks of a more...alcoholic content.  He turns around to a faucet and hits a lever causing water to flow into a tall glass.  As he turns around Seth speaks to him.

"Do you know anyone who has a Steam compressor they'd be willing to part with? Or a Railroad company nearby? I'm in need of parts."

Placing the glass of water in front of the engineer Rusty responds to the question.

"Raildroad company...are ya daft boy?  We got the tram leading into Brimstone 3 different ways.  Though I wouldnt recommend trying to obtain anything from the station, all parts would be considered too vital to sell to some random person.  As for a steam compressor...hmm....ya know...there might be someone who can help you with that.  There's a fellow nearby goes by the name of Gizmoid.  Thats not his real name obviously but he's a little....odd you could say.  He's one helluva tech though...ya need anything crafted or repaired you talk to him...as long as you are able to deal with his eccentric personality.

Rusty then leans in closer to Seth so only he can hear.

"And he is more....understanding of a persons privacy then many of the shopkeeps around here if ya get me drift lad."

"Hey Rusty...my tankards getting a bit low!"

The barkeep turns to another patron sitting farther down the bar.

"Bah...hold yer horses Tommy...ill be right there!"

He goes down to the man he called Tommy and leans on the bartop.

"Ya be drinking and drinking...but Im not seeing any paying."

"Just put it on my tab Rusty...ya know im good fer it!"

"Your tab is at the max Tommy...you know the rules...no pay....no booze."

"Thats bullshit Rusty...ill get ya the bits...Im just a lil short this month!"

"Nope...not hearing it."

"Bastard...."

At this Rusty nods at the bouncer who promptly walks over, grasps the man named Tommy by the shoulders and effortlessly chucks him out the doors onto the street then walks out the door.

"Come back when ya got the bits to pay the Boss ya bum!"

The bouncer then returns to his position and crosses his arms again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version