Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge  (Read 52452 times)

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
Re: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2014, 01:46:24 AM »
"I believe nothing. I simply don't know where else he could be and  until I figure it out, I might as well spend some time here. Just for the record though, if I was certain he was down there, neither of you would have been able to stop me." Sebastian crosses his arms and waits, while still leaning on the wall. The fingers of his right hand lightly tapping on his arm every now and then.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2014, 11:25:59 AM »
Her smile turns into a smirk. She had nothing to prove to this man, but he would find himself in big trouble if he thought he could intimidate and push her around.

She leaned up against the wall herself, and waited, the smirk eventually disappearing and she seemed to go into deep thought.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2014, 07:46:09 PM »
As the three are talking, 2 guards are returning to City Hall after rushing away to deal with an incident nearby involving a few roudy gamblers on their way back from the bar.  The one remains at the entry door while the other one enters the building, intending to return to his post near the jail when he hears voices behind the door.  Unslinging his rifle he cracks the entry door open and signals for the other guard.  Both approach the jail door until the one flings the door open, both aiming their rifles at the trio

Guard 1:  "Don't move! Identify yourselves at once!"

The second guard lowers his gun after a moment.

Guard 2: "Wait, I think these are the one's we were told about, authorized by Marshall Richter to speak with the prisoner. (He slings his rifle and walks past the trio).  Follow me."

He leads them down the small stairway ending at a wooden door.  The guard unclips a keyring from his belt and unlocks the door, opening it for the three.

Guard 2: "No funny business in there."

Once the three enter the jail area he closes the door.  A lantern hangs from the ceiling at each end of the room, illuminating the 4 cells within.  3 are empty with the far left one bearing the only occupant.  Within a thin man sits on the worn wooden bed, a bandage wrapped around his bare chest and a pair of cotton pants covering his lower half.  Upon hearing the door open he gazes up, seeing the three stranger enter the room he raises an eyebrow.  He watches as the guard turns and leaves, closing the door again.  He is silent for a few moments.

Prisoner: "Who are you and what do you want?"
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »
"Who we are isn't important." The techanic says, stepping up to the bars. "What's important is that we need information. Why were you attacking this town? What were you after?"

He looks over his shoulder at Sebastian, offering a pointed glance before returning to the prisoner.

"I'm afraid I'm the only one who'll ask nicely. My partner doesn't seem fond of avoiding violence. I'm probably the only thing standing between you and a brutal interrogation. I can make sure you aren't beaten for information, potentially stop you from being executed. But only if you help me find what we're looking for."

His words are sincere, and his hands are away from his guns. He stands, watching the prisoner, waiting patiently for a response.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2014, 12:09:08 AM »
She smirked unconcernedly as the guards pointed their guns at them. She could have killed them there they were. At least they had the sense to figure out who they were quick enough.

As they were taken down into the jail, her eyes take in everything. Where the keys are stored on the guard, ways out, what doors are locked, etc etc.

They approach the stranger who sits in a cell on a wooden bed. Her gaze takes in that of the Prisoner's while he was silent.

Enoka's eyes narrow a bit as Seth keeps referring to sebastian and his 'partner' with no mentioned of herself, so she leans back up against the wall and listens to him prattle on. She draws a heavy knife from her belt and begins trimming her nails, apparently having little concern as to what is going on but in reality paying close attention.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:45:19 AM by Sepher »

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2014, 03:10:53 AM »
Sebastian doesn't move a muscle when the guards enter with their guns. He saw the glances between Vildayvin and Zev, and he saw the marshal was intending to talk to one of his own kind. The least that other marshal would  do is to inform his guards of our presence. As long as the trio was not caught doing something, he knew there is nothing to fear of the local authority.

After a short exchange the guards lead the party into the core of the jail and leave them with the prisoner. The Jagger also left his supplies with the guard.

"Who we are isn't important...But only if you help me find what we're looking for."

"I am afraid I must concur with my colleague here. For me if violence doesn't solve all your problems, than you are either not doing it right or not using enough of it,"

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »
The man smirks as Seth speaks to him and is about to respond when he notices the woman pull a knife from her belt and flawlessly start to trim her nails.  It is evident to the man that she is quite skilled with the blade.  Then the man wearing the mask speaks up.

"I am afraid I must concur with my colleague here. For me if violence doesn't solve all your problems, than you are either not doing it right or not using enough of it,"

The man is silent as he ponders the options before him. He glances at Seth and stands up, walking over to the bars.

"You obviously arent any of Richter's men, and quite frankly it seems I have few options available.   To answer your questions....I don't know.  My f....our leader dispatched myself and a few men to an area near Southridge and instructed that we were to wait for further orders and meanwhile to "keep our eyes open".  We normally dispatch teams occasionally to monitor traffic into and out of the fort, especially for any conscript units possibly showing up or whatnot, so I assumed this is what we were doing...though he was stationing us closer to the fort then usual.  A few nights after we had arrived at the site some more men showed up, accompanied by our only operational mech. The leader of the team presented me with orders dictating that he was in charge of the unit now and that we were to pack up and move out at once. 
                   We traveled through some canyons and then I realized we were moving towards the Fort.  I demanded to know what we were doing and was informed it was "almost time for the fun to start".  We reached the far edge of the walls and stopped.  Suddenly an explosion ripped a massive hole in the wall and the leader ordered the men forward with instructions to loot anything they could and kill anyone they see.  I couldn't believe my ears!  Whether you want to believe it or not but my tribe is not an overly violent bunch of bloodthirsty thugs and killers....at least it didnt use to be....(The man seems to sink into thought for a moment) I tried to stop it but it was too late, the men had already charged into the breach.  I watched from the wall as they entered houses....I could hear the...the screams and gunshots as they murdered innocent people!"

Jerrick returns to the bed and slumps on the edge, placing his head in his hands.  After a few moments he looks back up, anger in his eyes.

"I couldnt stand it any longer, I turned to flee.  I was intent on returning to camp and confronting my father and finding out what the hell was going on.  We may be ferals but we are......we were.....different!  However a shot rang out and I was sent the ground, taking a bullet in the gut.  The rest you can safely assume after that."

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2014, 10:20:56 PM »
"Your father.." Seth rolled the word over in his head, remembering his own father. "I feel sorry for you. I know what it means to feel isolated from your father. But I can promise that your information was worth while. If you have any more information that can help us, I assure you we will ensure your safety. And, as you seem attached to your tribe, I will do everything in my power to settle things peacefully."

He kept his face to Jerrick, but his eyes turned to the side, in the direction of Sebastian.

"But things may not go as planned. I cannot in good conscience tell you that you will see all of your friends alive again."

He took something out of his pocket, a small bandanna adorned with a Raven superimposed on a gear and cog. He tossed it into the cell and returned his hand to his pocket.

"A token of my trust. The symbol of a family that doesn't exist anymore. Their legacy ended at the hands of Ferals, but I give that to you in an olive branch. If you know anything that will help us resolve this, please tell us now before we go."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:28:57 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2014, 06:40:55 PM »
"A Bullet to the gut?" She said, not even looking up from trimming her nails.

"Lucky you survived that. That is a nasty and painful way to die. Or not so lucky, now you are stuck in here" She mused

With an expert twirl, she rolled the knife along her fingers and sheathed it back at her belt without looking. A whisp of a smile ghosted across her face at how easy the imformation had been pouring out of him. She hadn't wanted to harm him, and sometimes the threat of violence worked much better than violence itself.

She glanced at Seth with a curious look as he produced a bandana and handed it to the man in the cell. She listened as seth spoke once more then looked to the man in the cage.

"Anything you can give us would be a help. Make this easier on yourself, please."

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2014, 06:10:56 AM »
Sebastian was listening carefully to the prisoner, lightly tapping his fingers on the bottom of his mask. He also listened to his companions and with each of their words he became more and more aware of their incompetence at using others. Taking a step forward the Jagger closed the distance between himself and the prisoner.

“Listen friend, forget all this bullshit, how about we just get you out of here and take you back to your camp? What do you say?” Despite the obstructions to his voice, the more perceptive would catch a hint of arrogance in it, an arrogance befitting of a man who is experienced in using others and hatching up schemes on the spot. A smirk was left hidden underneath the mask, indicating that Sebastian is ready to put in action yet another one of his plans. Only a few steps need to be taken in the right direction.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:08 AM »
Jerrick smirks slightly as Seth speaks to him and then offers the bandana.

"Isolated?  No...my father and I were close.  The man who ordered the attack on the fort and the slaughter of innocent people, sacrificing men and a mech in the process....he is not my father anymore. "

He looks towards the woman as she speaks.

"Lucky?  Doubtful....rage is a helluva anesthetic and their doc is quite skilled.  Im sure the Marshal told him to make sure to keep me alive so he can string me up."

The masked man moves closer to the bars at this point.

“Listen friend, forget all this bullshit, how about we just get you out of here and take you back to your camp? What do you say?”

Jerrick narrows his eyes at the man.

"First off "friend" how exactly you think your gunna do that?  Doors locked, guards out front, and we are in the middle of the town.  Unless you can convince the Marshal  of the truth and he decides to release me...you'll be having to shoot your way out of this place.  Also...don't think i've forgotten what you said earlier..."

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:10 AM »
"If you are so kind as to not cause any problems, there shall be no need for me to do anything, which would be a perfect scenario for the both of us. As for getting you out, don't sweat the small stuff, they will be taken care of." Even though most would not figure it out easily, it was more than obvious that the Jagger has a trick up his sleeve.

"We get you out and you take us to your camp. It is that simple. Do we have a deal or are you going to be... problematic?" Having said what he wanted, Sebastian takes a few steps back and gives the prisoner some time to think and respond.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2014, 11:22:43 AM »
"You are awfully arrogant for someone behind a cage of metal bars. I suggest you watch you speak to us..." Enoka spoke in a dangerous tone.

She listened to Sebastian speaking, and wondered what sort of plan he had up his sleeve.

Her glance flickered between him and the prisoner, willing to wait this out and see what came of it. After all, she wasn't were she was because she was unable to improvise.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:17:15 AM by Sepher »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2014, 11:59:48 PM »
"You have my word that we will use negotiation first. If there is any of your father left, I will try to see him brought out. Until then, I'm afraid all I can do for you is ensure your continued safety behind bars and not on the end of a noose." Seth says, changing the subject from the other two. "I don't know if my client has the pull to get you released just yet. I will do what I can, but until then you may have to stay here. I know you understand, even if Sebastian does not, that were you released now with the public about, a lynching would be likely. Your allies' violence is fresh in their minds. But if you have any other information you feel is important to this mission, please tell me before we leave."

Seth stands with his back to the others, facing towards Jerrick, as he awaits a response.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2014, 09:08:27 PM »
"My words were not directed towards you m'am."

Jerrick glances at the masked Jagger before settling on Seth.

"It would seem I have little choice but to accept your companions offer.  If you manage to get me out of here I will take you to my clans encampment.  I do not know how my return will be accepted so I can not guarantee safe passage.  Tell me though...why such an interest?  You have made it obvious you are not residents of the fort, and you are certainly not conscripts and most travelers do not have a "client".  Those with clients are usually looking for something.  Who are you and what is it you are looking for?"

----------------In the entryhall------------------
The door swings opens and three men enter, one being the man in a suit the group saw earlier and another well-dressed man, Overseer Klyne, and lastly Marshal Devaron.  One of the guards (having since stepped away from the jail door and returned to the top floor) moves over and whispers in Richter's ear informing him of the 3 people entering the jail to speak with the prisoner.  He nods and the three men enter the room marked Mayor and close the door.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2014, 10:34:08 AM »
"We're after a Dangerous tool that was plundered on its way to its destination. We have a sinking suspicion it may be in the hands of your former comrades."

Seth says, unwilling to fully divulge their objective, for the box's contents were very dangerous. "Especially if they went to all the trouble to attack this fort."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2014, 10:12:54 PM »
Quite honestly, Enoka had no idea what was in this box, but she had no intentions of revealing that to anyone present. She smirked.

"Yes, I've heard tell that what we are looking for is hidden amongst the camp you came from. Quite dangerous, as my companion here stated. As for who we are, it really is none of your concern."

She crossed her arms beneath her breasts and watched the men talk. She was content to say no more for the moment.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2014, 03:56:53 AM »
Sebastian waits for everyone to say what they have on their mind and motions for the party to leave. “Now is the perfect time to leave and set things in motion” Sebastian heads out ahead and waits for the rest of the party to meet him near the building. When they do, he addresses Seth first.

“For your ease of mind, I suggest you go find Vildayvin and tell him what is about to happen.” The Jagger turns towards their female companion, but then as if suddenly coming to mind he looks at the tinker once more. “Don’t be worried, our newest companion is here and a gentleman such us myself will surely not misbehave in front of a lady, no?”

“Now ma’am,” Sebastian pauses for a second, trying to choose his words carefully. “I am certain, that amongst your many talents, you can find a way for us to acquire the keys to the cell. However Just in case, I will give you a thought of my own.” Nodding at the building hosting the jail he continues. “Where were the guards when we gathered? Tending to a local problem perhaps? Now let’s for example say, that a problem appears and they are called for assistance, can I count on you to retrieve the said keys promptly and hopefully, without them realizing? Do note that there are other ways of acquiring them, yet this one will prove to hold less potential to escalate.”

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2014, 12:11:44 PM »
She listens as Sebastian speaks to her. At least he is being polite!

She gives him a flat look, however, as he finishes.

"What you are asking" she says quietly, so her voice does not carry "is most illegal. While I find your confidence in my talents... pleasant, I am a bounty hunter, so to speak. I do not do things illegally if there are other choices, and in this case I do believe there is. I don't particularly want a bounty on my head as well."

She glanced to Seth, to see if he had her back on this.

"We might be able to convince the mayor or the marshal to let him out to guide us there, should we put up a suitable replacement, or show that we have taken the bandits down a peg, or what not. That would have to be decided in conversation. While I do like a good fight, I'd prefer not to do it with the law"

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2014, 06:17:44 PM »
"Indeed." Seth said, crossing his arms as he looked at Sebastian. "We don't use illegal methods in our search. We were hired by a Marshal. Do you want your pay? Or are you willing to risk forfeiting it by performing illegal acts in the process? Did you not think that our employer would take offense to our crossing the law for convenience? If we are to secure his release, we do it with the consent of the Marshal."

Seth's arms dropped to his belt, resting on the grips of his pistols. Not a threatening stance, but one that showed that Seth had had more than one conversation turn sour at this point, and was prepared.