Battle Related Forums > Board Battle Suggestions/Creation

Epic Battle: Where should we start?

(1/10) > >>

Cameron:
So here it is. The question I apparently should have asked first before asking who wanted to host. I have a bit of a stigma regarding continuing this campaign, as I blame myself for allowing the old boards to die in the first place. However, with Castellan running Misthaven and us being a little more focused this time through, I feel that I may be able to pull off finishing the Eye. But only if you want me to. I'm not running something that no one wants to play. So the question is, where do we go from here?

A few caveats. First, the only way that I am taking the responsibility of Battle Master for this rebirth is if we finish the EoT. I still have the outline for that, and it would not take extensive writing on my part to get it running. Writing an entirely new storyline takes time that I do not have time to commit and still get the boards up and running. I still have pages of rules and FAQs to type and I'm not doing that and writing a new story at the same time. So if you guys decide we need something new, someone's going to have to come up with it.

Second, do not think that just cause you weren't there at the end doesn't mean I can't write you in. New characters or characters that were not present will be able to be involved.

Third, I am fine with any of these options. Really. Whatever you guys decide is what we will do. The power is yours.  :P

Notice that there is no "I don't care" choice. If you don't care, don't post a reply. This effects the direction of the boards as a whole, and the "I don't care" attitude from the old boards stays at the old boards.

If you have any questions or comments, post them below.

Soul Reaver:
Personally, I would like for the Eye of Terror to finish properly, so that's what I voted for.

However, I have no idea of how much that's asking of you though, since I have no idea of how much further EoT still has to go.  If there's any chance you won't or can't finish, I'd prefer for a quick ending to it and then moving on to something else.

I don't want a break with a part 2 - I think that's generally a bad idea, since the part 2 might never happen.  Also, a flashback seems out-of-place to me - to have a flashback to an adventure we supposedly took part in but never did seems odd to me.  I'd really rather have an active hand in forging that ending.

Cameron:
I can finish it. I've looked over my outlines, and if I feel there's too much there, I can easily shorten parts. I've already removed a couple of things I didn't like anyway.

Veldanya Venalla:
Voted for continuing it from where we left off....any of the other choices would prolly just lead to issues at some point or other

Kitharsis:
Continuing would be a good thing.  I think some people are left mid-swing, so there would probalby need to be some sort of transition into the story again.

Also, Kitharsis's intoduction may need to be edited, as it lists things done after the Eye...  I think I'll leave it in, as its going to happen sometime or other.  He has been know to pop in and out to tend to his own business from time to time before, so it wouldn't be anything new.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version