Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye Closes: OOC Thread  (Read 12179 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: The Eye Closes: OOC Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2021, 05:18:33 AM »
Ok, this is a lot of posts, so apologies for potential brevity and quality.

As per the new rules (http://administorum.com/index.php?topic=501):
As Battle Host, I've had to god-mod both Kitharsis and Danyael.  Both now have 3 weeks to make their next post.
And now that everyone has posted, I myself have had to post too (which I've done) to prevent an Inquisitor from needing to God-mod me.

My next post will come after everyone has posted or been god-moded and will thus be at maximum 1 month from now.

As for the story:
- Kitharsis has broken into the krooza's bridge, punching a big-ol' hole in the process.  He isn't attacking yet but the damage he did caused decompression which everyone will need to react to.
- Soul Reaver has thrown up a Shield to seal the breach, but that still left several seconds of decompression happening, so if you don't take some sort of action you might have been sucked out into space before then

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2022, 03:21:56 PM »
The curse of, "I'll do it tomorrow" took hold quite well.  I'm sorry the boards isn't as high on my todo list as it should be.  The irregular cadence also makes it hard to keep the battle on my mind.

Either way, The Shaman has made an appearance, and is doing all he can to contain Kitharsis at the moment.  He could use some assistance.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2022, 09:13:05 PM »
Two powerful beings have invaded the party, and intend to stop whatever The Shaman is doing.

What even is The Shaman doing?

What are you doing in this situation?

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2022, 03:53:06 PM »
Ok, a bit abortive of a post, I know, but that flash that Jharm made kind of prevents me from doing much else until we hear from Kitharsis.  I've asked him to post up the reactions of the two sinister visitors as soon as possible, and I'll immediately put up a second post reacting to what they do.  Though I assume it's probably going to involve violence.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2022, 11:30:25 PM »
If it is at all unclear, Dark Kitharsis has expelled another Kitharsis from himself. 

The other Kitharsis is the real Kitharsis that you all know.  His energy signature (or whatever you sense from others) is the familiar companion that has been travelling with you all.

And he's about to get blasted to smithereens!

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2022, 05:47:19 PM »
Ok, Gulgrim's haymaker might screw things up a bit if it's also targetting the Dark Kitharsis - Soul Reaver's spell was designed to trap him inside a metal shell (temporarily).  Timing is important.

If Gulgrim's haymaker hits BEFORE the spell takes effect, then there's a chance it'll knock the dark Kitharsis clear of the area of effect (it's very localized in the area just around him).

If it happens AFTER the spell takes effect, then the punch will hit the cocoon.  Not sure how strong the punch is, but if it's strong enough it could break it.

I'm inclined to think it happens after since Gulgrim's post came after mine, but maybe Shadow Chorus can clarify?

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2022, 03:30:53 AM »
Gulgrim is essentially swinging wildly after being unleashed, still not particularly able to aim after the flash from Jharm, so he's certainly not all that concerned with whether his strike might interfere with anyone else's plans. The swipe is an opening barrage from a rather pent up Gulgrim, so it's likely relatively forceful, though it's only going to get worse the longer the fight goes on. As to whether it would come before or after? He basically started swinging as soon as he registered Soul Reaver's okay, and if Soul was finishing his spell as he said that, he's probably only starting the swing just afterward. It might break the cocoon, but unless it's completely rooted to the ground it might just be sent flying by the strike (and even if it were completely rooted, the ground is riveted together paneling on an Orkish krooza, there's not a lot saying that section of the floor wouldn't give way to go with the cocoon if it's particularly durable)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 03:33:32 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2022, 02:52:25 PM »
The cocoon is attached to the ground, effectively being made of melted, reshaped bits of floor.

I'll let Kitharsis decide if the blow clangs off it or smashes it apart.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2022, 09:05:40 PM »
Please note that as the revamped idle Board Battle rules, Danyael's character has been removed from the current plot.

I have made numerous attempts to contact him via email and he has had over 10 weeks to post or make alternative arrangements, but I have not heard from him in that time.

I'm sad to see a player go so unceremoniously and if someone did want to withdraw from the story I would have preferred an exit written by the player themselves but I need to stick to the rules as I've set them.
I do not like god-moding someone's exit, but I did my best to base the god-mod on some of the items in Danyael's backstory so there would be a sufficiently important justification for him to suddenly leave in the middle of an important event and to leave him with something to either quietly resolve or use for a future story hook if he so chooses.

Danyael, if you wish to rejoin the Epic Board Battle in the future, please contact myself and/or the current Battle Host to make arrangements.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2022, 01:14:22 AM »
The Daylight Tower isn't the seat of power of the Imperium Sanctus.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2022, 05:20:49 PM »
The Daylight Tower isn't the seat of power of the Imperium Sanctus.

It's the only specific place in your character sheet that makes active mention of the Guardian Orden's affairs of state so I assumed it must be their seat of power.
But since it's not I'll see if I can edit the post accordingly.

Note it's exactly for this reason that I prefer (and request) that 'exit posts' be made by the player themselves, rather than me having to god-mod them.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2022, 08:34:11 AM »
Then, if you would be so kind as to delete your god mod, I will fashion a more appropriate exit post.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 08:37:11 AM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2022, 05:45:05 PM »
Sure, can do.
Just post the exit post in the thread and I'll delete my post once yours is up.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2022, 11:08:08 PM »
It will be up by tomorrow afternoon

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2022, 06:39:22 AM »
It will be up by tomorrow afternoon

Thank you for posting - I've removed the god-mod exit post I put up earlier.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2022, 12:11:07 AM »
I've posted for Jihon, hopefully will get a post for Soul Reaver up soon as well.

EDIT: Posted for Soul Reaver as well.
Fallen Templar, whether Phaerys is able to hear Soul Reaver shouting, or receive his telepathic message, or both - and whether he can understand it even if he hears it - is up to you.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 06:25:23 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2022, 11:04:31 PM »
Probably not the end of the fight you were expecting, or deserve.  But its nigh time I hand over the reigns of the battle.

Please consider this the end of my mini-battle.  Kitharsis will sort out this mess in a future battle, when I have more time and inspiration :D

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2022, 08:30:04 AM »
I've had to do a god-mod post for Jharm as per the rules.
I was going to post for Jihon and myself too but it's getting late and I'm a bit under the weather, so I think I'll need to leave those for tomorrow.

EDIT: Done now.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:40:46 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2022, 06:38:42 AM »
I've got confirmation from Shadow Chorus that Gulgrim has nothing constructive to add the moment and will be sitting things out and tuning up his arm, so there's no need to wait for his post.

That means I can try to move things along now.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2022, 09:51:22 PM »
Right, this is it, the wrap-up.

Jihon's said his peace, Phaerys has been introduced, and I think everyone's got a destination in mind (just not sure where that is for Kitharsis).  If I'm not mistaken we're going to have a timeskip, so set yourselves up for whatever you're planning on having your characters do for the next few years and we'll hand the reins over to Jharm and his heavenly hosts!

Thank you everyone!