Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII  (Read 31309 times)

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
Remember Faidth, Danyael also used his barrier to encapsulate the Elementals, as he is also attuned to the elements as well. I hope that doesn't mess anything up.  :-\

Oh, also. Has the explosion already passed? The thought just came to me after I posted. If so, I don't mind taking the post down. I just liked Jharm's post so much that I really wanted to get something up. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:26:19 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 10:59:30 PM »
@Danyael: That has not escaped my notice. I was posting the responses for the PCs only. The fate of the NPCs will be elaborated upon in the next thread because I would like Sean's input regarding how he would like me to proceed with those characters.

The effects of Abbadon's last-ditch effort will reach their culmination in the next post. So expect that the next post will discuss what remains in the wake of the attack.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 11:14:29 PM »
Sooo.... should I remove my post? :-\
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 06:57:33 AM »
Sooo.... should I remove my post? :-\

No.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
I have another part for that post, but I didn't want to post a frickin novel.  I figured the internal monologue was enough for now.

Besides I'm still not entirely sure what the result of this situation will be for Kitharsis.  I suppose that also depends on Faidth's next post.

I know it was slightly implied in my last post that Kitharsis used the corrupt energy, but I almost want to flip a coin to determine if he did or not.  Moreso now seeing as Jharm and Danyael both bolstered everyone's defences.

Heck, I'm open to suggestions...

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 02:23:16 PM »
With Kith's permission, Danyael had a little pep talk with Kith. The post has no initial outer bearing on the battle beyond the two companions. Just a friendly chat with lots of emotions and a single 'quoted' sentence at the end. Nothing affecting the battle at hand in any way. 

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 12:02:01 PM »
I feel the need to explain a few aspects of Danyael's position. Firstly, let's go over the appearance of the orb. if you've ever seen the remake of the Day the Earth Stood Still (only good in visuals, but the original was better in storytelling) then you've seen Klaatu's ship and his many 'Arks'. Danyael's rising barrier looks like this, but on a far more massive scale, considering he had to encompass a handful of people who were spread out in the distance. As far as Danyael's barrier rising through the desrtuction, I wanted it to look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t88LH84m3pg from 0:19 and onto the many other images seen in the trailer.

Also, I wanted to give a better out of character description as to how Danyael communicates, as he doesn't use words anymore when using telepathy. Basically, Danyael, being far more sensitive to everything around him (including emotions), uses his emotions to paint images that he feels his companions can relate to. For instance, in the old boards, he used mental imagery to paint a picture in Jharm's mind of the two of them walking side by side. This would translate as "You're not alone."   While in Kitharsis' case, he would have simulated many placid images of happier times that could translate into the message seen in the post. However, as I am trying not to repeat the same mistakes as in the old boards, i want to emphasize that characters can interpret his message in whatever way it suits them. As it is their character's mind to do with what they want.  Just because Danyael's messages translate as a certain quote, the imagery enables players to accept them in any way they choose.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 06:47:36 PM »
@Danyael: Thanks for all of the clarifications. :)

@Kith: Great character development. It's interesting to see this particular side of Kith.

*Post is en route and should arrive no later than Sunday. We're just working out some logistical points as far as the NPCs are concerned.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 12:29:07 PM »
 ??? I know my messages are usually accepted at gunpoint, but which sunday is it going to be? :'(

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »
The Sunday that is.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »
(-_-)..... therein lies the problem.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 01:02:19 PM »
Hey. You asked.

In all seriousness, the reason there's no new post yet is because we've hit the start of a new chapter, and my schedule's been hectic cause of the swiftly approaching holidays. We appreciate your patience and kindly ask that you hold on for just a little longer.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 09:01:51 PM »
...and now Kitharsis and Danyael have started playing Chess.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 10:14:26 PM »
...and now Kitharsis and Danyael have started playing Chess.

Yes they have.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 07:40:31 PM »
I'm reading Danyael and Kitharsis' post as them pointing out in good humour that there have been no other new posts for quite some time.

Maybe we can remedy that...?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
I'm reading Danyael and Kitharsis' post as them pointing out in good humour that there have been no other new posts for quite some time.

Maybe we can remedy that...?

Yes. I can. But not just yet. So I'll go ahead and make this easier for everyone to understand.

This Board Battle is OFFICIALLY on a hiatus. I will re-open the thread when I am able to post. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:11:52 PM by Starblade|MKIII »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
Okay. The hiatus is over. Here is the new deal. I'm going to lay these rules down in stone now so that I am not questioned later.

As of right now, I will be posting once a week. More then likely this will be on Wednesdays. If it looks like I will not be able to get a post up in time, I will push back to Thursdays. I may post more often if I can, but DO NOT ANTICIPATE THIS HAPPENING. You will probably just be disappointed. If I need to deviate from my weekly schedule, I will inform you as far in advance as possible.

Once I post, you have that week to respond. If you do not respond by the time I post again, you will be god modded by an Inquisitor. If you are planning on being away, notify me either in this thread or via PM so that we can make arrangements. This will allow me to keep the thread moving and keep people from being pissed off by pacing.

In a combat situation, I will attempt to get around my one post per week setup by either trying to make short posts in reply to attacks or by having an Inquisitor (probably Faidth) post in my stead. All story moving posts will still continue to be made by me once a week.

If you have a problem with this, please contact me via PM.

if you haven't yet, you may want to read Cameron's Recap. Otherwise you may be confused later.

I will endeavor to have the Outline for Epic Characters up by this time next week. New characters will be brought in during this chapter of the story.

Now, on to my latest post. Kalana has given you 30 minutes to rest. Your next post should be dealing with what you are doing to heal/regain energy/meditate/ect. When I post again next week, the 30 minutes will be up and we will move on. Feel free to post as many times as you want in reply to other battler's posts for conversation/reaction/ect. The Elementals and Kalana are available for conversation, and I will post replies to any conversation directed their way throughout the week.

I apologize for the delay.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 12:58:59 PM »
Sorry. Kind of have a problem.

As Kalana and the Elementals pick themselves up off the ground, the pocket of reality that Abbadon created around this field before attacking finally dissipates.

Danyael is currently holding an elemental (Kari) in his arms while they, as well as Kith are inside a massive floating forcefield rising high through the sky. How do I move on in response to your post after all of that?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 04:54:53 PM »
My bad. I'll edit my initial post tonight. Just go ahead and assume that they are still where you had them. Kalana is still with Soul Reaver, however.

EDIT: Initial post has been edited. Garr exited the forcefield. The rest of the Elementals are still where you left them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:46:22 AM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
I'm alive.  I was on vacation for a week without internet access.

One Query, how will the time_slowdown effect contacting someone or something outside of the bubble?  I'm assuming it will be delayed until the 30 minutes is up.