Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XI  (Read 66229 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XI
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2017, 06:12:28 PM »
Just an update. I will have my post edited and posted no later than Sunday. If I do not follow through with this, Hanako has been authorized to relieve me of my Battle Master duties.

Nearly done. but I have to stop for now to deal with IRL stuff. I'll be back at it tonight and I'll get it finished. Might be after midnight Eastern time.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2017, 06:25:47 PM »
Note, I am aware of some technical difficulties that occured tonight for Cameron that led to the delay. 
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2017, 02:49:20 AM »
My post is up. Danyael, I god-modded you slightly to save time. Feel free to elaborate on what Danyael was doing through the hallway trek.

Next post starts the final fight.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2017, 04:05:27 PM »
I hope I wasn't holding up the battle. I didn't feel the need to post anything because the god-mod was more than sufficient. Was I supposed to post something?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »
I hope I wasn't holding up the battle. I didn't feel the need to post anything because the god-mod was more than sufficient. Was I supposed to post something?

I slightly god-modded you in regards to your assisting Mary with the hallway navigation, but I left that open ended to allow you to describe how it happened as you see fit. I also did not post anything about your reaction to the tremors or anything you were doing after the companions arrived at the door.

But if you feel that was sufficient enough, then we can go ahead and proceed. I will start working on my next post tonight.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2017, 12:45:56 PM »
I have a post partially completed. I also have been working on a OOC post that should lay down the groundwork for how the last part of this chapter should go. I just need time to finish both of them. Unfortunately, I am also On-call at my work this week, which is leaving me with less free time than I expected.

Rest assured that I am working on this and will have something up soon. I will make sure to keep this thread up to date so that you know what is happening until I do. Right now I am tentatively looking at Thursday or Friday.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2017, 10:29:15 PM »
As promised, here is an update on the situation. Work has been much busier than I anticipated this week. I have not had time to write anything during my lunch breaks and I have been getting numerous calls during the evening as well. Therefore I am going to miss my original goal of Friday. Since we are now into a Holiday weekend, and my On-call doesn't end until Tuesday, I'm going to go ahead and push my post back until then. That way, I can finish this without distractions, and none of you have to worry about checking the boards while you're trying to do holiday related things.

I am again very sorry that my personal life has interfered with this. I will see you all on Tuesday. Merry Christmas for those who celebrate it.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2017, 08:44:08 PM »
Hello, friends. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

My 8 days of 24/7 on-call are over, and I am very tired. I'm going to take tonight to rest and recuperate, and I'll have something for you all by this time tomorrow. I've re-thought my posting strategy a bit and I'm going to go ahead and combine this post with my planned next post so that we can jump right into fighting. Stay tuned for that.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2017, 12:21:49 AM »
My post is up. Say hello to Ahzek Ahriman!

Look at that majestic asshole. He's been waiting a long time to say hello!

You're all being attacked by multiple copies of his massive spear. If they hit you, they will probably hurt really fucking bad, since his spear is classified as a Power Weapon in 40K lore, which means it definitely has an energy field around it that will cut through most armor. Defend yourselves.

For those keeping score at home, this is the beginning of the final fight of the Eye of Terror campaign. Ahriman still has a lot of things to say, but in the interest of time, I;m going to have him say them while he fights you rather than make you all sit through another multiple posts of talking. I know I didn't really give you any time to reply to his words before making him try to kill you, but feel free to converse with him as you fight him as well! I promise it will not be boring.

Since this is the final battle and I know most of you would like to get this done sometime in our lifetimes, I will be doing away with the whole "I need to wait for everyone to be idle for at least two weeks before I can god mod them" part of the Idle rules (which are being updated by Hanako very soon, so look for that eventually). I will be waiting one week and then I will work on my next post, god-modding anyone who hasn't replied yet in the process. If for some reason I am delayed, I will let you know via OOC post. My next post is scheduled to be this Thursday, before I leave the state for the weekend.

Let me know if there are any questions. Let's get this fight rolling.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2017, 07:19:35 AM »
the bubbles that form around the other Companions are significantly weaker then the one that Jharm has formed around himself.  Jharms bubble is intended to protect himself against all of the staves coming at him....the bubbles around the other companions might handle one or two possibly.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2017, 03:49:49 PM »
Just an FYI. There were a couple parts of Ahriman's dialog that were bothering me, so I edited them and added some additional text. It shouldn't affect either of the replies that were already posted, but make sure you re-read it when you get a chance.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »
yeah, just edited my post to correct the changes you made to his last section of dialogue as i had copy/pasted the previous version :-p

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »
Soul Reaver is attempting to understand the glyph that Ahriman has created.

He understands (and sees) spiritual energies clearly, so he should be able to glean information about if/how the souls are being altered and the forces affecting them.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2017, 09:51:01 PM »
The conversation between Danyael, Dyriel and the unnamed other voice is happening specifically inside him. Also, I assumed Danyael and Mary were still holding hands, but I might have missed it if she'd let go. Mary may use Danyael's Everworld Cloak in any way she pleases, but it is meant to protect her. Please make use of his profile to see what the cloak can do. I didn't know the exact difficulty of Ahriman's spears, though I hope the post didn't make it seem like anything Danyael was doing was easy for him. If there's any changes that need be done, please let me know, though I hope my post was appropriate and within the rules.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2018, 03:20:31 AM »
This is just a reminder that I do intend on posting on Thursday, and will not be waiting until anyone has gotten their second warning to god-mod them if I have to in order to post.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »
I am out of town until next thursday, feel free to god mod me

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
Idle alerts have been sent out for Daccio and Kitharsis. I didn't see Daccio's OOC until after I had already sent them, so I'm very sorry for the spam! ;_;

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2018, 01:14:38 PM »
Not an issue, Hanako. I intended to god-mod Daccio whether she gave me permission or not.

I am working on a post as we speak.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »
My post is up. I have god-modded both Kitharsis and Daccio. I only actually saw two direct attacks on Ahriman, which I resolved. Please let me know if I missed something.

I noticed during the last attack that some people were god-modding whether or not the spears hit them a bit. I'll allow it for that attack, but for future attacks (including the black lighting in this post) please post your defense and what you want to happen if it is successful, and I'll resolve it in my next post.

The black lightning is obviously not electricity, nor is it Warp-based. It is pure death magic, and WILL kill anyone caught in it outright. Please defend accordingly.

On a housekeeping note, I am leaving for MAGFest today and will not be back until late Sunday. I will respond to any problems or questions at that point. Jharm is acting Administrator until I return.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:50:28 PM by Cameron »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2018, 03:05:05 PM »
Sorry if it seemed I god-modded. My intention was actually the exact opposite. :/