Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8043  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Shadowhaunt: The Black Crusade (Part II)  (Read 80523 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Shadowhaunt: The Black Crusade (Part II)
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »
"Severe, but we are giving them a good fight." Walter said, surveying the battlefield below. "We're just a diversionary force, however. I need you to meet up with my special strike force. They will be entering the fray from the underground sewers located near to the large chapel in the center of the city. They will be emerging and making straight for the Chapel to do battle with General Darkraven. If they defeat him, it will turn the tides of this battle."

Walter produced a map from his belt and offered it to lady Yukimura. "This map will help you make your way to them. Please move with all haste. And I have one more request. I need your men here on the battlefield. I'm afraid I must ask you do this alone."

The winged dragons turned to their leader. "My lady. With your leave, we will assist the Lord Tamer in his fight."

------------------------------------------------

The abomination was already glad of his decision. Not only was he allowed to take revenge, but his new allies actually cared enough to assist him, rather than leaving him to care for himself. He could most definitely get used to this. His muscles surged with new strength, and he rushed forward, taking advantage of the disabling strikes of his new allies. Its limbs slowed by frost and then bound by chains, its head reeling from a mighty strike, the Abomination straddled the golem's neck and proceeded to pummel its face with his fists, repeatedly punching its head into the dirt without allowing him room to respond. The flesh golem was completely incapacitated, and soon it would be unconscious, but the Abomination would not stop striking until it was dead. Its fists beat out a steady rhythm. one, two, one, two, one, two. The sound of the pummeling almost matched the steady sound of war drums. He showed no signs of stopping or slowing down, not even now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:13:04 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2014, 11:33:41 AM »
"Special strike force eh?" She said, looked to Sir Walter as she took the map. She hoped he wasn't going to lead her troops to the slaughter.

"Alright, I'm up for that, just make sure these boys come home to their mothers" She said with a grin and turned to the group. She walked over to the next in charge and patted his cheek. "Don't die." She said with all seriousness on her face. As much as she joked around with her troops, she wanted nothing more than to see them come home alive.

"Alright, I leave them in your hands. I will go to this special strike force and see what they are all about." Pulling the map up, she glanced over it, studying it to find any sort of tactical advantages the map might offer and committed it to memory. Folding it up, she put it back in her pack, and turned to him. "Take care Sir Walter, and live" She said before she readied to head off to where she was needed.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2014, 08:38:25 AM »
Rau looked at the newest monstrosity that joined their ranks and saw nothing different, yet another blood thirsty and savage brute. Each strike reinforced his assumption. The priest moved slowly, as he watched and closed the distance, while examining the body of the huge abomination.

“You may stop now,” he addressed the abomination. “It would be a shame to ruin your fists just so you can have some fun.”  Leaving the creature to do what it wants the holy man approaches Vildayvin.

“If they have such monsters here,” he nods towards the abominations. “I don’t want to think what sir Walter is facing outside. We should make haste and finish our mission. We must not waste time here.” With everything said Rau waited for the Dulluhans decision.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2014, 02:58:48 PM »
Wu gives the recently collared monster a wide berth as it relentlessly slams its fists against the larger monster's head.  Where his chi propelled kick failed, the creature's fists carry forward and finish the job. 

Finding the struggle mostly over, Wu surveys the rooms around them.  Whoever commanded these abominations must be aware of their capture and demise.  Their presence is most likely known by now. 

"I dare say we should be moving on soon.  I would not linger in one spot in such a place."  He looks toward the Dulluhan.  "I do hope your collar does not fail."

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2014, 03:44:54 AM »
The undead warrior sheathes his blade as their newly turned companion smashes in the face of the fallen abomination, he then walks up and places a hand on the creatures shoulder.

"Thats enough....it is dead.  There will be more then enough creatures available for you to exact your revenge upon before the night is through."

"I do hope your collar does not fail."

The Dulluhan's black orbs gaze upon the monk as he speaks.

"There is nothing to fear my friend.  I know the quality of that collar, the one who gave it to me was quite knowledgable about them.  You are correct though, we must move at once."

After ensuring that the rest of his companions are ready to move on Vildayvin draws his sword once more and leads the group deeper into the sewers towards the agreed upon rendezvous point.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2014, 02:55:11 AM »
The abomination stopped punching the Golem after it was certain its skull was completely caved in and it was dead, moving to follow the group as they continued on.

The path winds and twists as the group moves through the tunnels, approaching their rendezvous point. Upon reaching the end of the tunnel, they are met with a large, barred door, locked from the outside.

The Abomination knew what was on the other side of this door. The battle would be going on in full force, and he didn't want to wait for his allies to try to work their way around the door just to let Darkraven escape.

"Move." The abomination growled, his first words spoken to the group. He charged down the hall, past the others as they moved out of his way, and slammed his shoulder into the door. On the outside, the wooden bar Cracked down the middle, and the door itself dented under the blow. The abomination took a step back and planted a heavy-footed kick on the door, snapping the bar and snapping the door's hinges, sending it tumbling to the ground.

"There, Darkraven's hole." The abomination said, his voice like gravel, as he pointed out of the now open door. Across what appeared to be a road, in the middle of the circular town center, was a tall cathedral, its steeple standing high over the battlefield. A shadowy figure stood in the bell tower, overseeing the battle below.

The abomination exited the door and took a look around, inspecting the area as battle waged on the street before them.

----

As Lady Yukimura reached the sewer entrance, the door was bashed down and out stepped an abomination wearing a tamer's collar. It inspected the battlefield and then turned and waved those inside the sewers still to emerge. This must be the incursion party Sir Walter had told her about.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »
As the abomination crashes through the door, the Duluhan follows close behind, his shield held up, ready to deflect any missile attacks that may come their way as they exit the sewer.  As he enters the courtyard Vildayvin spots a woman a short distance from him.  Her gleaming scale mail and shining spear marks her immediately as something unusual.  The general appearance and armament marks her as an Akavashi as he approaches her.  His ghastly head head "disconnects" from his body and floats down to be more at eye level with the woman, the eyes flitting about until they suddenly stop and focus on the seal bearing the Akavashi script marking her as a noble.  While he may not understand exactly what it says, the fact this woman bears such an emblem while most do not marks her as something even more special.  This is not someone who would normally be found on their own in such an environment.  The head of the Dulluhan gazes (if one can call it that since the eyes still seem to flit about even as he speaks)

"Greetings m'lady. (The head seems to nod almost as if it is "bowing" to her)  One would not normally find someone like yourself in such an area.  I do not wish to sound presumptuous but one such of your standing would not be here without a reason.  May I inquire as to what that reason is?

The floating head then floats up a bit, the eyes continuing their erratic nature as the Dulluhan scans the area as the battle progresses, wary if any combat should wander their way.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2014, 01:19:40 AM »
She had slipped through the area without too much trouble. No trouble for a dragon, really. She steps up to spot the sewer entrance, her sharp eyes taking in all entrances and exits and pathways to the surrounding area. Her scale mail rustles quietly as she turns to face the entrance, the seal evident on her armor.

As a figure was sillouhetted in the doorway, her spear snapped to a ready position, ready to skewer whatever walked through. As the creature did, however, she did not strike. It was wearing a tamer collar. Her gaze took in the creature until as it turned and waved to the inside of the sewers. This must be the incursion party she was seeking.

Shouldering here spear, she watched as a Duluhan followed close behind, protected by its shield. It would notice that there were a few dead creatures on the ground, likely the product of the woman that stood before him.

She does not flinch as the head disconnects from the body and floats down closer to eye lever. She notes that the eyes seem to fall upon the emblem on her armor. As it speaks, it nods to her, what she suspected was to be taken for a bow.

"Greetings m'lady.  One would not normally find someone like yourself in such an area.  I do not wish to sound presumptuous but one such of your standing would not be here without a reason.  May I inquire as to what that reason is?"

This Duluhan was awfully polite. That was a rarity in and of itself. Well, no matter. She believed she had found who she was looking for. If not, well, she could always kill them.

"I am Lady Mizuki Yukimura, sent to join in with a special forces team by Tamer Sir Walter himself." She said simply.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2014, 10:53:45 PM »
"I am Lady Mizuki Yukimura, sent to join in with a special forces team by Tamer Sir Walter himself."

The macabre grin on the Dulluhan's disembodied head seems to grow larger as he hears this.  A few moments pass as the unholy knight connects the dots in his head.

"So he sends us a Winged Dragon to assist us.  I am certain your skills will prove beneficial to the cause.  I will assume the good Tamer filled you in on the specifics of what this team is meant to do."

His body then turnsand gestures back towards the sewer entrance at the other members of the group, his head still at eye level with Yukimura and looking at her.

"There's the Gorger, Father Rau; priest of the Empire, and Sun Wu; Akavashi monk, and Axle; second-in-command under Sir Walter himself.  I do not know if our most recent friend has a name or not (his body gestures towards the abomination who had exited the sewer ahead of him) but I believe for the time being he can be trusted.

The Dulluhans body turns back towards the Winged Dragon leader as the head floats back up and returns to hovering slightly above the severed neck, gazing down on the shorter figure of Mizuki, the eyes flitting around.

"We have tarried long though, we should continue on our way, Darkraven awaits and im sure Sir Walter won't be able to hold out forever.  Axle, I believe now is when we will need your expertise the most so we do not tarry too long in this chaos and get to the church with all possible speed."

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »
When addressed, Wu offers a bow in greeting,

"Lady Yukimura."  He says as he stands straight again.  "I was not aware that the Winged Dragons were to join this crusade.  Your assistance is much appreciated."

He does not tarry with introductions for too long, given their surroundings.  The monk is focused on the happenings around them. 

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »
"For what it is worth, it truly a pleasure to meet you," Rau gives a deep bow. "Under other circumstances I would have loved for us to have a chat, but that is for another place and time entirely. For now I am content that..." he tosses a look at the group made mostly of monsters. "Another warrior has joined us. I am looking forward to ending Darkraven with your assistance." It doesn't take a lot to see that the priest is happy to have one more human on their side. The seemingly constant addition of monsters to the party was not welcomed happily by the holy man. The fact a royalty joins them is a bonus in on itself.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:08:59 PM by Radobe »
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »
The Gorger composes himself after a rough battle, his bones and bruised flesh mending as he sloppily chews on the remnants he picked off the last abomination's corpse.  As they break through the door, the fresh scent of battle greets The Gorger's nostrils.  And now, it seems they have one more to add to their once small group.

He gulps down a bloody chunk of meat and licks his teeth clean before he speaks.  "You know, I think I'm starting to like the Akavashi.  That infiltrator fellow stays quiet, the monk minds his own well enough, and this 'Lady Yukimura' or what have you..." He raises a brow, glaring aggressively at Vildayvin. "...finds a way AROUND the sewers!" he snarls.

The ghoul postures himself as he exits the door, as if measuring the strength of the warrior before him while he wipes the remaining blood from his face.  After a moment's pause... "You're a welcome sight in my book, lass."

The Gorger readies the Siege Breaker, and hunches to the ground once more. 

"The headless dolt's right though.  Let's move."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:40:45 PM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2014, 11:02:13 PM »
As the others file out of the sewer entrance, Mizuki watched as the dullahan introduced the others.

"We have tarried long though, we should continue on our way, Darkraven awaits and im sure Sir Walter won't be able to hold out forever.  Axle, I believe now is when we will need your expertise the most so we do not tarry too long in this chaos and get to the church with all possible speed."

She nodded at the other's words.

"That sounds wise, to move quickly"

The others began introducing themselves as they group prepared to move.

The monk addressed her with a bow

"Lady Yukimura. I was not aware that the Winged Dragons were to join this crusade.  Your assistance is much appreciated."
"Sir walter requested us himself. I brought with my a contingent of men, but the Tamer needed them to fortify his forces"

Another human bowed to her.

"For what it is worth, it truly a pleasure to meet you. Under other circumstances I would have loved for us to have a chat, but that is for another place and time entirely. For now I am content that... Another warrior has joined us. I am looking forward to ending Darkraven with your assistance."

She could see that he did enjoy the company of many monsters, and was clearly relieved to have another human with them.

"A pleasure to meet you Father Rau."

And finally the gorger addressed her, after apraising her as one warrior to another.

"You're a welcome sight in my book, lass."

A small grin formed on her face as she nodded to gorger.

"Yes, perhaps we should be on our way"

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2014, 02:01:50 AM »
"Right, well, we don't have time for subtlety." Axle says, pointing up to the bell-tower. A pair of burning red eyes appears to have sighted them, and then retreats into the chapel when the party looked up. The wight turned to the large Abomination and gave him a solid look in the eyes.

"Do you have a name, big guy?"

The abomination stood for a moment, as if finding the words, before answering simply, "No."

"That's a shame, no-one should simply be an experiment, a pet for some twisted necromancer. We'll find you a name soon. But first, can you help us get across? We need someone who can clear the path."

"Yes. Follow me. I will break this throng." his words were slow, but well enunciated and chosen, as if he knew well how to speak, but the action of doing so was strange to him. He stepped forward, to the edge of the street, and cracked his knuckles.
"Keep up." He said simply, before lowering his right shoulder and barreling across the street, shoving aside idle wights and zombies as he charged, stomping underfoot anyone too slow to get out of his way. The throng of undead temporarily lost cohesion, allowing the living spread among the battle a moment of tactical advantage, pressing the offensive in the wake of the Abomination's charge.

"Darkraven!" The abomination shouted, smashing through the main doors of the church. The doors flew off their hinges and landed on the ground some ways inside, and the Abomination took a ready stance, as if expecting the dark general to attack at any time.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:17:39 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »
Lady Yukimura listened to the exchange between the wight and abomination, keeping a careful lookout around them so as they were not surprised. She stared at the burning red eyes from near the chapel and flexed her grip on her spear. She wondered what sort of combat she was getting herself into.

"Yes, follow me, I will break this throng." the abomination enunciated. "Keep up"

She trotted behind the abomination as it charged across the street to the chapel, her spear held in front of her now in a defensive position, ready to fight.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
"That infiltrator fellow stays quiet, the monk minds his own well enough, and this 'Lady Yukimura' or what have you...finds a way AROUND the sewers!"

The Dulluhan's erratic eyes suddenly focus on The Gorger as the maniacal grin twists down into what one may consider a sadistic frown before suddenly the macabre skull's appearance returns to normal as Vildayvin's raspy voice echoes forth.

"I do apologize, I did not realize one such as yourself would be offended by the odors of the sewers.  Also if you would have cared to note, m'lady came from Sir Walter's direction AND was alone...both allowing her to take a different and more direct route!"

A slight drop in temperature around the Dulluhan occurs suddenly, almost as if the icey powers within the creature amplify as he speaks, almost representing his...annoyance at such a jab from a creature that only recently he had tried to assist with gaining his freedom.  Maybe the slight murmurs he had heard before journeying to meet Sir Walter were true, maybe this creature would always be too violent and aggressive to ever be safe to uncollar.  Vildayvin hoped to be proven wrong as Axle speaks up and his gaze rises to the top of the bell tower in time to see a pair of glowing red eyes gazing down from above before retreating into the darkness.  As the abomination barrels across the courtyard, flattening and crushing hapless wights and zombies beneath its charge Vildayvin followed close behind, taking a position beside the abomination in the now open doorway of the church, his disembodied head floating down to waist level and keeping an eye behind the party, anticipating the potential of any counter-attacks.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2014, 03:10:39 PM »
Wu tucks in behind The Dulluhan as the abomination clears a path in front of them.  It is quite an effective battering ram. 

The door of the dark church is no match for the abomination as it continues its charge straight through it.  Sun Wu quickly files in at the ready.  The abomination is prepared for an assault, and he thought it wise to be do the same..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:13:54 PM by Kitharsis »

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2014, 03:56:33 PM »
The Gorger leaves Vildayvin with no reply, his face showing his satisfaction in the dullahan's frown alone.  So composed, so "tamed" and yet... so easily angered.  It was delightful to take in.

Moments later, they breach the church where the owner of those eyes no doubt lies in wait... The Gorger follows Vildayvin and the nameless abomination - which he shall no doubt rename condescendingly upon receiving a name - closely with either side of the Siege Breaker's chains at the ready.  He focuses his senses, attempting to pick out the scent of their foe among the dust within the defiled church.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »
The church seemed empty save for the eerie atmosphere, and a quick glance showed that this once holy place had long ago been twisted into an icon of sin. The lectern had been replaced with a standing bowl of blood, and gargoyles and demonic figures stood on the walls. This place had no light left in its heart, only darkness.

There was a groaning of ancient wood from above, and in a cloud of black smoke a figure came crashing down to the floor before them. Slowly rising as the smoke cleared, the mysterious figure hovered just above the ground, his black garb seemingly made of raven feathers as he glared at the group from behind blazing red eyes. He held a shining black sword on his right hand, and his face was shrouded by a mask.

"Pawns of the light, come to die in the dark. Welcome to your oblivion." He uttered, his voice warped and distorted. He raised his left hand toward the party and a fell wind kicked up. An angry cawing filled the air as scores of ravens flew in from broken windows or appeared seemingly from the corners of your vision, screeching and cawing as they rushed towards the party, talons and beaks poised to strike.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2014, 03:42:49 PM »
As the ring of smoke cleared from where the figure dropped down from the ceiling, she met it's awful red gaze with a cold one of her own. Her hands rotated on the haft of her spear as she moved into an attack position. As she set herself, the blade of her spear gleaned red and radiated head as small discharges of electricity crackled around it. The blade and the woman wielding it both held an aura of dangerousness and intensity. The figure spoke to the party as she could feel her muscles tensing.

"Pawns of the light, come to die in the dark. Welcome to your oblivion."

The figure raised his left and and a disturbing wind kicked up across the room. Suddenly, ravens burst in through the broken windows and appeared at the corners of her vision. With a smirk, she leaped into the air, spinning. In some situations, the best defense was a good offense, so she decided to attack the ravens outright in hopes of dispursing them for her and her companions.

Her blade spins, trails of fire and lightning follow in an afterimage of power. Her blade swings in quick, close arcs attempting striking birds as they come near. She feels no need to tap the power of the wind dragon yet, but her own skills at fighting many opponents are great.

Lightning dances among the ravens, fire singes feathers as she attempts to drive the foul birds back. Finally, she lands crouched, her legs filled with pent up energy ready to be unleashed in a devestating attack should the opportunity present itself.