Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Shadowhaunt: The Black Crusade (Part II)  (Read 66775 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: Shadowhaunt: The Black Crusade (Part II)
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »
The Dulluhan's erratic gaze flits over the scene before him, the blasphemy of the church causing a twinge of anger in the ancient crusader but then fades away.  The creaking of beams draws the warriors attention to the arrival of a being who could only be General Darkraven.

"Pawns of the light, come to die in the dark. Welcome to your oblivion."

Vildayvin cackles slightly at hearing this.

"Your soul shall be judged this night Darkraven, I wonder if it will be found ready or not..."

As the ravens burst into the building Vil watches as the newcomer leaps into the air, launching an assault against the birds.  The Dulluhan chooses a more direct plan of attack as tendrils of icey cold air begin seeping from within the gaps and spaces of his armor, flowing over and around him as a layer of thick ice begings to form.  Releasing another ear-piercing shriek (likely shattering any glass still left whole after the ravens arrival) he sets his shield in front of him and charges the General, intent on drawing his full attention and possibly disrupting his control of the birds.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2014, 11:56:58 AM »
"Right, well, we don't have time for subtlety."

Rau nods in agreement, while they were in the sewers he didn't feel it, but now it was clear. Darkraven's presence was overwhelming and heavy. It was more than obvious that he was not like any of the creatures the party has faced until now.

After a short exchange the newest monster recruit in their party makes a pathway for them through the amassed enemies. The undead army goes into total disarray and following the path of carnage the abomination left in its wake is an easy task. Shouting the undead general's name the leading monster tears through the front door of the chapel. A gruesome sight awaits the holy man and the rest of his companions inside. This once holy place was defiled beyond recognition, the purity it once had was utterly corrupted by its inhabitants.

The sudden appearance of Darkraven sends shivers down the priest’s spine. It is not every day that one comes face to face with an undead general and he was determined that no one else was to ever meet this particular general ever again.

"Pawns of the light, come to die in the dark. Welcome to your oblivion."

(HOLY LIGHT (BEAM))The ravens burst in and Rau quickly taps any energy he has with him, not bothering to waste time on gathering aether and strengthening his spell. His clenched fists are quickly engulfed in something akin to a fading light. Both his arms rise and his fists blast open with a torrent of the fading light. He aims to spread the light all over the windows on both sides hoping to engulf as many of the coming ravens as possible. Even though the light should be too weak to kill them outright, it should be enough to blind them and singe their feathers. Making it very hard for them to fly normally.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2014, 01:18:39 PM »
While the others dealt with the crows, The Gorger did what he does best - he joined the front lines.

The Gorger's bones and muscles contort and shift as he becomes the white wolf once more, the Siege Breaker secured tightly on his back.  He charges forward, closely following Vildayvin, the frigid chill from the dullahan's power passing over his thick mane.  As the two monsters closed in - Vildayvin's shield at the ready - The Gorger returns to his original form.  General Darkraven's sight would likely be blocked by Vildayvin's frame, imposing force, and massive shield... and yet, every bone in the ghoul's body told him not to get into melee range of that sword.  He drew the weapons of the Siege Breaker, and with a mighty leap into the air, he throws them downward in an arcing motion in front of the dullahan, hoping to find out just what the general was capable of.

While the others no doubt sensed a foreboding omen from the general of the Blacklands, The Gorger's senses were truly keen.  His ability to measure a warrior's strength was potent, and the foe before them now...

A strange sensation overtook the ghoul.  Was this... fear?

No more showy displays.  No more tests of strength.  No more senseless attempts to feast.  If he wanted to make it out of this alive, The Gorger would have to be at his optimum... but could he do it in the midst of terror?  Or, would it fuel him?

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
The gorger's twin weapons soared through the air, intent on striking General Darkraven....And were handily intercepted. His flashing blade rose up and easily turned aside the projectile weapons, the motion so smooth and swift it seemed as if he had merely flicked his wrist to knock them aside. In one swift motion he spun with his sword, performing a full circle before outstretching his free hand at the oncoming Dullahan, a wall of force extending from his palm like a shadow, buffeting the horseman and bringing his charge to a halt, threatening to throw him back if he did not hold his ground.

The ravens assaulting the party split, endless hordes ignoring their fallen brethren and separating, disappearing out of the windows as the general's initial attack draws to a close. Still, nonetheless, more ravens wing in from the air, circling around the general in a defensive pattern as he floats gently off the ground, taunting the party.

"Really? You were the best the crusade could muster? You will never defeat me." His words were confident, and the ravens swirled around him with increasing speed, until, with a black flash, he vanished in a puff of feathers and shadow.

In a blink and another flash, he appeared behind lady Yukimura, his off hand swinging a vicious backhand that threatened to send her flying with its force. Uncaring of the outcome of his strike, he vanishes again, reappearing in front of Father Rau, thrusting his sword at his chest before vanishing again, offering no opportunity for counterattack.

When he appeared before Axel, the ghoul had analyzed the situation and was ready. A shield went up at an angle, redirecting the blow he knew he could not stop, and his longsword lashed out. And yet as it would have scored through the general, his body seemed to break up into feathers, vanishing once more before returning to his original position in front of the party.

"Show me your strength. Give me the pleasure of crushing you at the peak of your abilities."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2014, 12:21:08 AM »
   From her crouched position, her battle instincts kicked in. Tensed muscles uncoiled like a striking viper as she spun her spear, an arc of flame laced lightning trailing in the wake of its head. Like a bolt of lightning itself, the spear would move to deflect the blow that she felt coming for her. Rather than stopping the strike dead, she deflected just ever so slightly so the force of the blow was transferred away from her, rather into her If all went well, she would remain where she was.

Regardless of what happened, she watched the movements of the enemy. As he flitted about them, he taunted them. Her eyes narrowed as she listened, hoping that his actions did not drive her companions to anger. That would lead to mistakes and she wanted no casualties. She took a deep breath and her voice boomed out, clear across the room, the seal of nobility stark against her armor. [BATTLECRY]

"Do not let his words dig at your minds, that is what he wants. STAND FAST AND FIGHT! FOR THE EMPIRE!"

Her words would sound over the birds around them, cut through any fear that were threatening to shroud her companion's minds and would spur them to greater heights. It would instill fear in the stoutest of enemies, for she was the Winged Dragon, and nothing was going to kill this dragon. Her spear cast flitting shadows across the room as she drew it back into an attack stance.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2014, 10:03:20 PM »
The Dulluhan releases an annoyed shriek as his charge is brought to a halt by a wall of force sent his way by Darkraven, almost sending him backwards.  Using his formidable strength, the undead soldier slams his enchanted blade down into the stone floor underneath, anchoring himself against the blast.  His enchanted head spins as it watches the General's attacks against his companions.  Vil notices that the wight's attack fails and passes right through Darkravens shadowy form.

Damn...physical weaponry seems to not harm him.  That leaves....

The Dulluhan's eyes settle on Father Rau and then Sun Wu as he realizes that out of the whole group those two possess the most....magical attacks and thus would hopefully fare better at striking the General. Anger ripples through the Dulluhan's mind as he watches Darkraven dance about the room, striking at his companions before disappearing, preventing them from even striking back, but then he hears the voice of the newcomer.

"Do not let his words dig at your minds, that is what he wants.  STAND FAST AND FIGHT! FOR THE EMPIRE!"

The words seem to erase the anger he momentarily felt as his mind focuses on what he must do.  Ripping his blade from the floor, small chunks of stone flying through the air as the dark blade rises up, Vildayvin turns once more to Darkraven as his erratic eyes stop moving as they focus into slits as he gazes upon the evil being in front of him.  The knight's raspy voice bellows forth as he attempts to draw the general's attention solely onto him, moving to a position so that Darkraven would have to look at either him or his companions.

"General Darkraven!  You want to see strength?  Face me then!  Sword for sword, none of this dancing about like a fairy!  Face me like a man, unless you are too much of a coward!"

At this the Dulluhan's jaw unhinges and an ear-piercing shriek resonates off the walls as he focuses the sonic effect on the General, attempting to anger or disrupt the being and draw his full attention upon the cursed knight.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »
    Seeing how the ravens are unfazed by their fallen, Rau deems it unnecessary to continue an attack of this level on them and stop his beams. This was done just in time for him to see the attacks of his teammates fail to harm Darkraven. The general seems to effortlessly stop the attacks and launch an offensive of his own after taunting the party.

Lady Yukimura is the first one to suffer his onslaught, luckily she is able to react and deflect the blow. Unfortunately this is not the case for the priest. Thanks to the fact he was not the first one attacked he knew something was coming, nevertheless this is not enough for him to be able to avoid the blow of a skilled warrior. The general's sword catches him in the chest and the thrust goes through, the holy man managing only to move slightly out of the way and avoid a fatal strike through the heart. Blood starts gushing out of his wounds and his mouth is filled with it's metallic taste. He falls on his knees and arms and cough's violently, leaving a big blood stain on the floor. Rau's mind is overcome by the pain and he is unable to act, body giving out and will faltering, his last form of defense activates prompted by the priest's condition.

His bracelet lights up and shatters with a loud crack. For a second an intense light illuminates the interior of the church. Instantly the priest's mind clears and the pain is washed away. The fact that he has recently been adding aether to the bracelet, has increased the potency of it's effect and it has also stopped his bleeding and slowly began to close the wounds.

With the healing effects washing over him Rau stands back on his feet and goes into action without delay. (Holy light(area)) Closing his eyes and grasping the shaft of his staff with both hands, he begins to mumble an incantation. It takes only a few seconds for the incantation to be complete and with a surge of power that can be felt by all, light burst out of the priest and explodes, leaving streaks of aether floating in the air. The priest's eyes were now open and his eyeballs were replaced by a radiating light, his entire body pulsing with the power of aether. Light and new streaks of aether appeared out of thin air around the priest, as the spell kept intensifying. He hears the battle cry of the newest addition to the group, but it is a distant scream. Right now the priest was in a deep concentration, looking for aether, feeling the presence of holy energy, guiding it to himself, dragging it even. Taking all of the energy he can gather and channel it into his spell, was his one and only goal.

Even though his companions have not seen him use this spell before, they can see that this is only it's beginning. They could also perceive that standing still in the cathedral makes Rau an easy target for Darkraven.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2014, 01:14:04 AM »
The Gorger watches as his weapons are easily cast aside by General Darkraven.  It was exactly as he expected.  They were outmatched in speed, strength, and technique.  However, as the vampire general spoke, there was one thing that caused the fall of many men in war: arrogance.  However, now was not the time to capitalize.  As much as he hated to admit it to himself, Father Rau was likely the greatest hope of defeating this threat.

The dullahan has the right idea, taunting to draw attacks to himself.  The Gorger followed suit, but with another idea in mind... playing on the vampire's interests.  If he truly wished to face a strong foe, perhaps The Gorger could accommodate.

"The peak of our abilities?" his voice was low, certain that the general had keen enough senses to perceive it.  The Gorger's eyes darted about, watching the shadows carefully and heightening his senses, pacing about Father Rau with either hand carrying the Siege Breaker's quicker weaponry.  "The truth is, your kind created me, and never got to see my full potential before I ripped them apart and devoured them.  In truth, neither have I... however, it was I who consumed villages and destroyed the mighty Matthais Hilder, using the strength of the villagers he tried to save." The Gorger was about to make a gamble.  "As I am now, you face a starved creature; barely allowed to feast under the control of the Dark Crusade.  Fill my belly - allow me to feast uninterrupted - and you will have the foe you seek."

As he was, The Gorger knew he could not face General Darkraven.  However, if the vampire's pride as a warrior was truly as great as he made it seem, then The Gorger may get the feast he seeks... for better or worse.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2014, 01:49:03 AM »
"My kind?" The general asked, almost laughing. "You underestimate me. I am no vampire."

As he spoke, he reached a hand up and slipped it under the hem of his mask. "Such an existence is not for me, and you shall have no feast of my flesh!" he tossed aside the mask, revealing his true face, such as it was.

Under the mysterious hood was a strange amalgamation of shadow and bone. What may have once been a human skull was almost subsumed in shadowy darkness, the outline barely visible beneath the shadows flowing like fog from its surface. Glowing red eyes pierced the veil of unnatural black  as a gaunt face grinned at the group from beneath its gaze.

"Vampire, ghoul, wight, dullahan, abomination. You pitiful weaklings know only select few categories of creature. But above these monsters are anomalies such as myself." the general spoke, his mouth dripping gaseous darkness like frozen breath. "I am the great general of this army. Did you truly think that I would be one of those simple creatures you know so much about?" His blade twirled in his hand as he floated above the ground, slowly gaining height until he towered over the group from above.

"I am a ghastly wraith, a vision of darkness and terror. I am a creature you have never seen, nor shall you ever again! I am unique, and I am beyond your abilities. I am General Darkraven!" He said, spinning in place before vanishing once more in a puff of feathers.

He appeared once more behind Father Rau, ready to strike him down, but as his blade flashed out, it was intercepted from the side. Axel's own longsword striking with unnatural speed, almost from nowhere, as if he had always been there, ready to strike.

"Such speed..But perhaps it was not speed at all, was it?" the General said, genuinely intrigued by the wight's interception.

"I've read your movements, general. Your hit and run tactics won't avail you." he said, raising his shield. "As a group! Work in pairs, back to back. Cover each other and watch for sneak attacks!"

"So.. The son of Axam rises to the challenge." General Darkraven said, vanishing before taking his position in front of the group again.

"What-" Axel began, before shaking himself free of that train of thought. He'd interrogate the general on his knowledge of his father later. There was a battle to finish.

"Lady Yukimura, take my position!" Axel said, detaching from behind Rau to take up a paired spot with the Abomination. The shorter wight and the towering Abomination stood should to shoulder, eyes on Darkraven as they prepared to counter any attack.

"There's no need for that." The general said, twirling his sword in place and extending his arm to wave the group on tauntingly. "Come. You get your chance to retaliate. Strike at me."

"Gladly." Sun Wu replied simply, leaping over Vildayvin's shoulder to launch a flying kick at the general.

The wraith slid to the side, almost laughing as the monk flew past. "What was tha-RGH!" The creature was caught off guard by the wave of chi following the strike as he was struck in the side. He took the blow well, however, and was still standing.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2014, 11:44:10 AM »
Rau was fully emerged in his spell, he was still conscious of the world around him but not interested in it at the least. His mind was looking for aether, grasping at even the smallest notion of its presence, until he finally reaches deep enough to connect to it, a note of aether, a stream of pure life. A violent explosion shakes the surroundings, as the priest draws from that power and intensifies the channeled energy in an instant. This creates a dome of light with a 30 feet radius. In it is core the dome holds the priest and the light is most intense. At the extremities the light is still potent, but that potency sharply decreases as you exit the perimeter completely. Every creature in the dome, considered friendly by the caster, feels a rejuvenating energy, as life latches on to it. The effect varies from creature to creature, with living beings experiencing more potent results. The aether still remains for some time, even after leaving the dome. Items coated in aether share it's properties and become a deadly weapon against the undead.

“Creature!” Father Rau's voice boomed in the church. “You are just another creature that spreads darkness and corruption!” The priest slams the butt of his staff into the ground and takes a slow step forward, the dome of light moving with him. “In the face of the everlasting light, all the children of darkness have perished! You... this army... your faith shall be no different!”

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2014, 09:04:54 PM »
As the light washed over eher and axel cried out for her to take his position covering rau from behind, she decided to launch a little offense of her own.

The light that bathed whem caused the flame and lightning that spat from the head of her weapon to gain the brilliance of a white hot flame. She spun the polearm behind her and used jump.

Leaping feet up into the air, for a fraction of a moment she seemed suspended, but a sudden burst of speed propelled her forward, slashing at the general as she burst out of the dome in a white light of brilliance.

She would strike, carried past the general and in a feat of great strength, she would shift herself, launching herself back towards the dome of light, striking at the general a second time. As her polearm spun, she would come up behind Rau.

"I have your back" She said in a clear voice.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:15:41 AM by Sepher »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2014, 01:12:23 AM »
The Dulluhan watches as the Generals attack against the priest is deflected by Axel.  He listens as the two exchange words, catching the wights reaction to Darkravens words.  The flitting eyes of his ghastly skull focus on the priest as a dome of light explodes around him, the aether flowing over the cursed knight.  Deep within his form, the old crusader feels a slight stir of what could be happiness as the light touches him.  The feeling fades quickly as it is overcome by a much stronger feeling....desire.  The creature before him must die....his Death Knell would ring out through the area and Darkravens soul would be judged.  Just as Vildayvin begins to lower his sword into his sheath, a figure leaps over his shoulder at Darkraven.  It is the monk, Sun Wu, and he manages to stagger the creature with his chi attack.  Unraveling the macabre whip from his hip, the Dulluhan's head seems to reconnect with his body as the magical frost within his form begins to focus.  Opening his mouth wide, he expels forth a violent blast of bitterly cold frost towards the wraith, followed up with a strike of his whip.  He aims the whip at the Generals sword hand, intending to try and disarm the creature of the dark blade.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »
Caught off guard by the monk's strike, Lady yukimura's dash struck through him, biting the bone, leaving him jarred. He turned to face her, prepared to counter her return strike, but his attention had left the monk, and he suffered for it as a roundhouse kick laden with chi slammed him into Yukimura's return strike. Pummeled from both sides, he was still standing when an onslaught of frost bit at his bones, ice coating his robe as he roared in anger, unable to step aside as his blade was knocked from his grasp.

"Insolent whelps! You will not defeat me! I am darkness! I am death!" The general shouted, waves of blackness shattering the coating of ice on him as he floated into the sky.

"Now you will die, and serve as a feast for the shadows!" He shouted, and his form seemed to explode in a black cloud, out of which flew countless laughing skulls, burning with black fire as they sought out the party, attempting to bite down on their flesh and tear them apart.

Sun Wu stood fast, his fists striking like the rhythm of heavy rain as he struck down skull after skull that came for him. He was however, unable to defend the others, leaving them to defend themselves.

As the skulls approached rau's sphere, they sputtered for a moment, their fires flickering, but then reignited and continued their approach to the priest and lady yukimura, albeit slower.

Axel was somewhat more fortunate. Somewhat. As the skulls approached the abomination Axel stood with, he began striking them down with his heavy fists, but was unable to stop the lot of them. When one of them bit into the abomination, hard enough to tear through even his rocky skin, the abomination revealed some of its true power. Rather than blood, a burst of arcane energy bled from the abomination, blasting aside the skulls in his vicinity and knocking Axel to the ground with its concussive force. The eruption of energy grew more violent, destroying the skulls in their vicinity before creating a massive flash of light, after which the wound appeared to have healed itself, leaving Axel somewhat beaten up and confused, but decidedly more healthy than if those skulls had bitten into him.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2014, 01:16:50 AM »
Her spear bit home once, twice. The return blow, for from the others' attack flung their enemy into the crucible steel, causing even more damage. She was brightened by the fact that this team seemed to be working well together.

She stood next to Rau and followed the enemy generals movments as he flew back into the air.

"Now you will die, and serve as a feast for the shadows!"

Everything seemed to slow in front of her as the general exploded into dozens if not hundreds of laughing skulls that flew about the air, striving to take them down. She closed her eyes for just a moment, feeling the wind about her. Mizuki's mouth quirked into a smirk.

Taking a deep breath, she exhaled, bellowing loudly. At first it sounded like the shout of a battle commander, strong, carrying through the night, but it turned into what sounded to be a fearsome roar of a primal dragon. Her eyes sprang open and within them swirled an abyss of winds.

She took one step forward, slamming her foot down and her polearm began to spin. At first slow, but it quickly picked up speed. Soon, it seemed to be a miracle that the woman could retain a grip on her weapon, but she did. The wind dragon would aid her this day.

The spear tip flashed bright circles of fire and lightning as it struck out like so many lightning bolts from the clouds of a fearsome storm. In her eyes raged the winds of tempest as her blade sung. Striking out again and again, at every skull that neared her and rau, she would form a wall of nigh unpenetrable defensive strikes. [WIND DRAGON]

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
(Here is the cutoff point. This is the first new post since the restoration. Any recovered posts go before this one)

After the group's questions had been answered, the figure who called himself Millescelte looked out to the battlefield.

"Ah, it appears that the majority of the cleanup is complete." He said, his eye not leaving the scene outside as he spoke to the group. "It would appear that your commander is looking for you. I am afraid I must be off. But I will be watching your progress intently. The band of heroes. Men and monsters who don't even necessarily like each other, but who perform with such synergy on the battlefield that even the great General Darkraven cannot defeat them. You are very special, you heroes."

With that, the man disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving behind nothing but a knowing laugh, echoing out through the hall as Sir Walter entered the chapel through the broken doorway, surveying the scene of battle before him.

"I knew when the battle turned in our favor that you had defeated the General." He said, nodding to the group as he approached. His gaze rested on Alucard for a moment, who merely nodded and bowed.

"I had little to do with this battle, Walter." he said, flashing a knowing grin at the Lord Tamer. "I merely ensured the general could not escape."

"I see." He said, looking back at the main group. "Well done. You have done what most could never do. Darkraven was beyond mere monsters. He was something unique. A creature beyond classification. I fear that Dracula has many such strange creatures in his command. Unique creatures with unique powers, things we should be wary of. But for now, we rest. We have captured the city, and from here we can establish a base of operations and a link to the home country. We've secured the first stretch of land back from the Darklands. The Black City belongs to the forces of good once more."

Axel cleared his throat and stepped forward, looking at the group. "You all should get some rest. I'll inform Sir Walter of our battle, and of our.."He glanced at Alucard again. "Mysterious guest."

With that, Alucard, Sir Walter, and Axel left, leaving the Abomination and the group alone by themselves. The Abomination's wound seemed to have healed completely, not even leaving so much as a scar after his violent outburst of magical energy. This mysterious power seemed to have surprised even himself, and he was still absent-mindedly rubbing the spot where his flesh had been torn. He looked at the group for a moment, then spoke again, his words just as slow and purposeful as ever. "So. What shall I do now? I await the next chance to exact revenge against those who enslaved me, but the battle is over. Should I simply wait for orders?"

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »
Rau watches Sir Walter and the rest leave the church. The day was taxing and now he could finally feel the tension leave him. Trying to evaluate what has taken place, a frustrating thought comes to mind. Physicaly he was lacking. The blow he received from Darkraven, the priest was prepared, yet he only managed to protect his vitals. It is embarrassing but if he was to look at the bigger picture, everyone but him has the capacity to protect themselves. A heavy sigh drives his thoughts away and he turns towards Lady Yukimura.

"Lady Yukimura," after gaining her attention Rau bows his head lightly. "Thank you very much for your assistance back there, without it I would have been hard pressed to cast even a single spell."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
Before Sir Walter leaves, she tries to get a word in

"Sir Walter, how fare my men?" She asked, Concern in her voice. She got a response that lightened her worry, that none of her men had fallen, and that they were assisting with cleanup. That was well. She would nod to him before he left.

At Rau speaking up, she turned to the priest. "Think nothing of it, Father Rau. I am glad to have kept you safe" She said with a nod.
Grounding her spear, she pulled out a flask and took a large swig. She offered it to Rau as well, should he want some. It smelled of strong alcohol.

She looked to the others.

"I feel we may have won this battle, but we certainly have a ways to go yet." She looked over to the abomination.

"For now, wait for orders before moving on your own, otherwise, at ease. This is not over, for any of us. Have no worries."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:13:26 PM by Sepher »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #177 on: January 01, 2015, 12:18:36 AM »
Vildayvin watches as the mystery man disappears in a flash of smoke and Sir Walter enters from the broken doorway.  Listening to what the man says, the Dulluhan's head seems to casually float around his armored form.  Sheathing his sword and slinging his shield across his back he walks over to the abomination as it speaks, the head returning to its "normal" place a few inches from the creatures neck.  He claps the abomination on the shoulder in a brotherly fashion (as they are both monsters free from the control of evil) as he responds to the creatures question

"Fear not, I am sure there will be plenty more opportunities for you to bring down vengeance.  For now relax and enjoy in your new-found freedom my friend."

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2015, 11:47:25 PM »
"Freedom? Heh. From one leash to another." The Gorger mutters, striding past the group and out to wander the empty city on his own for a while.

The abomination watched him go, almost contemplative, before looking to the others and nodding. "Thank you." he said slowly, "I will take this time to think on my freedom." With that, he also strode out, leaving Mizuki, Father Rau, Sun Wu, and Vildayvin to themselves.

While the sun never shone in this part of the world, it seemed to be making a better effort. The area seemed brighter and less dead now, almost directly in relation to the fact that it had been reclaimed by the crusade. Soldiers and support units walked through the city streets, finishing off straggling pockets of resistance and saving what injured allies they could find. The battle was definitively over now, and the crusade was at the cleanup step in the battle for the Black City, mopping up the dead and injured and clearing the city for use as a forward base. This left the party in the very center of the city, in the mighty corrupted chapel that now seemed surprisingly out of place in a city that rapidly seemed to be coming to life.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »
After the group had taken their time to spend, they were gathered in the central square once more, where Walter was addressing the crusade.

"Today we have won a great victory. We have recaptured the black city, and now we have a place from which to muster our forces for future assaults. The might of the Crusade is unbending, its will unbreakable...."

As inspiring and audible a Sir Walter's speeches were, it was hard to pay attention when each of the group simultaneously received a tap on the shoulder. Turning around, Alucard was standing behind them, grinning a wide fanged smile.

"Follow me, if you please." Alucard said, looking between the group. "Sir Walter has a special task for the heroes who won the battle."

With that, Alucard turned in his heel and began walking toward the city's outer circles. Once they reached the north gate, they were greeted by another gathered group of elites. Orgarash and Grakul, Shani and Wrynjolf, and Khadmas, Theldorian, and Valorkoth, the three who had helped The Gorger, Sun Wu, and Rau grow in Mordintharas, all stood by the gates.

"Greetings. It's about time. I hope you're ready, because now the fun begins." Another voice, separate from the group, said, materializing from the shadows. The familiar flowing red and black robe of Lord William Black appeared. "There's much to do, and so little time."