Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Night falls on Nocturna - A story from the battle that I may make into a book.  (Read 5959 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
That is, if I can refrain from procastinating long enough to finish it. That's why I'm posting here. I'd like some support in my writing and some pushes to go further.

So, here's the first draft of the introduction chapter.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" The scream of pain seemed alien to the creature emitting it. A vampire, in pain? It just doesn't happen. Much less at the hands of another Vampire. The Apex Predator known as Lucien glared down the length of the silver sword embedded in his ribs and stared in hatred at the creature behind it. Under a wide-brimmed hat of brown leather a pair of eyes so very like his own, blood red with the faintest hint of yellow surrounding the pupil, which glowed with a light of their own, despite being masked in shadow.

"You bastard.." Lucien spat, blood trickling from his mouth as he looked at his enemy. "A traitor to our kind. Serving those filthy Humans! What are you?! You are no Vampire..."

"No." His murderer stated, cold as the night air and sharp as a blade. "I'm more than a mere Vampire. I'm the Alpha and Omega. You can call me Alucard, for what little time you have left."

"PFAH!" Lucien laughed, blood spraying into the air with the motion. "Alucard. You mock the name of the great king of Vampires? Dracula would have your head if you tried to face him."

"I didn't choose the name, dog." Alucard said, the silver blade retreating from Lucien's chest, the vampire hitting the ground with a thud, blood oozing from the hole. "It was given to me by my master. I am to be his death. It is predestined that I be the one to kill the King of Vampires, and bring the long night to an end."

"D-dracula will destroy you." Lucien gasped. His blood, vital to his existence, was leaving him in droves, and he couldn't heal his wounds. That blasted silver sword..If only he'd had his familiars...But he'd take this bastard with him...

The burst of fire from Lucien's mouth blazed out into a wave that set the walls alight and consumed Alucard in the heat of a forge worked overtime. When the fire cleared, leaving the vampire's house ablaze but the center of the room visible, there was a charred corpse laying on the ground. Lucien sat back and prepared to die, satisfied he'd destroyed this pretender, when a sickening sound reached his ears.

"Ha.......Ha......haaha.....Ahahahahahahaha!" The corpse, seemingly burnt to a crisp, began to put itself back together. Flesh reformed on the bones, clothing materialized from ash, and soon the Vampire known as Alucard was standing again. His brown trench coat remade itself, and the holy symbol of Lumos, A sun within a Pentagram, all encircled with text in the language of the Human high priesthood, appeared on his torso.

"You were a Wizard in life...I was a Vampire Hunter.." Alucard said calmly, picking his silver sword off of the ground.

"But..How? That blaze would've ended dozens of lives of any Vampire! You should be dead, no matter what!"

"Dozens, you say? 56, to be exact. But I'm far from dead. You however...Are finished..." Alucard turned and began to leave. But before he was out the door, he reached over his shoulder and fired what appeared to be a crossbow. The bolt whizzed home and planted itself in Lucien's heart, dropping him dead as the Vampire Hunter turned Vampire left the building, disappearing into the Blacklands as he hunted down his master to report.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
For what it is worth, good job!  I honestly didn’t expect to see Alucard, or any hellsing elements for that matter, but I like it. I can’t wait to see what role Alucard will play in the story!
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
Alucard actually plays a very big role in the Battle, if we ever start. But as much as he is somewhat inspired by Hellsing's Alucard, he really is a separate entity. he is just designed to be Dracula's death, hence Alucard. Dracula in reverse.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
(here Alucard offers a bit of exposition as to what it is to be a vampire.)

"Do you know why a Vampire is considered the most dangerous of the monsters of Nocturna, boy?" Alucard asked, deftly parrying his trainee's sword strikes.

"they're cunning? Because they are the most intelligent of the monsters? Capable of hatching plans and running empires?" the boy, Alex, asked, thrusting out only to have his blade knocked aside.

"That is truly something to fear, an intelligent beast, but not quite." Alucard said, tapping his blade to Alex's in a succession of strikes. "The answer is simple."

"Because of their power?" Alex asked, striking from a diagonal point.

"Yes, you've hit the nail on the head." Alucard said, his own blade just barely turning his trainee's wide.

"The Vampire is powerful beyond belief. Anyone whose soul they drink up gives them another life to spend in battle. They do not age, and conventional weapons are incapable of taking one of their many lives. Anyone they drink from and do not kill becomes a loyal servant, either in the form of a ghoul or another vampire. But a vampire is not without weakness. Cut off its head, and no matter how many lives it has, they will all be extinguished. Pierce its heart, and the same is true. But only with blessed weapons. Try and hack off a vampire's head with an ordinary Iron sword, and they'll simply get back up. Magic, holy sanctity, and Silver are their only weaknesses that men can use as weapons against them."

All throughout this speech Alucard was deftly dueling Alex in a prolonged fencing match.

"But the most terrible power of the vampire is its ability to read its opponent. they delve deep into the mind of their foe and sense his killer instinct. They feel his thoughts and move to dodge his attacks before they even begin. That is why we teach young Monster Hunters like you in the way we do. Strike a whole plane, not a single point, do not let emotions make your decisions. Move strategically. Know where a vampire is, and where he's going to be, and plan your attack accordingly."

Alex's blade slipped past Alucard's own and embedded itself into his chest with a sickening thunk. The blade sank deep into his heart and he fell over.

"M-master!" Alex yelled, surprised that Alucard hadn't stopped the blow like all the others.

"Ah-hahahaha." Alucard said, sitting up, much to his student's surprise.

"M-master...You...You're..."

"I'm fine, Alex. An excellent blow, but it will take more than that to fell me. had your blade been made of silver, you'd have slain a normal vampire. But i am no ordinary Vampire." Alucard said, pulling the sword out of his chest. Alex was at a loss for words. His master was a vampire, the very creature his kind were sworn to kill.

"Don't conflict yourself with reasoning between me being a vampire and you being a hunter." Alucard said, reading his thoughts. "I am a Monster Hunter first and foremost, no matter what form of man I may be, living or undead."

Alex clenched his jaw for a moment, before he nodded, his face returning to a smile as his master reasoned his doubts away. "Thank you master. It's good to know we've got such a powerful vampire as one of our greatest members."

"Indeed. You're now privy to a secret that not many know. Keep it well, lest there be trouble. Not everyone sees as clearly as you." Alucard said, ruffling Alex's hair.

"Of course, sir." Alex said, nodding. "Not a soul will know from me."

"Good lad. Now, let's go and see what the headmistress is cooking." Alucard turned and began to lead Alex to the kitchen.

"Umm..Master, if you're a Vampire, do you really need to eat?" Alex asked as he followed behind.

"No, but it doesn't mean I can't eat, even if only to keep up appearances. Besides, even if it is animal blood, meat-juices are savory and delicious." Alucard said, flashing a smile that showed the row of sharp fangs his teeth could become at will. Alex wasn't even phased by this, he was too happy that his master wasn't dead.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
Truth be told now that I look back at the board, this should probably be in the Character fiction section, since he will be an important character in the story, but the battle itself hasn't really begun yet, either.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Figured I'd finally get around to reading this.  Good info to have, especially since I'm playing a character that worked with a vampire (and completely loathes the vast majority of them).  I found the incorporation of their past professions that effect their current abilities pretty interesting.