Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild  (Read 59688 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild
« on: July 23, 2011, 09:43:55 PM »
As mentioned in the other SWTOR thread, we will have a guild presence in the game when it releases. What I failed to mention is that the guild has already been created.

The Officio Administorum guild is active and ready to join! Visit http://www.swtor.com/guilds/129263/officio-administorum to sign up. Please keep in mind that this guild is only currently accepting ACTIVE Administorum members into our ranks. So please don't go inviting all your friends. We will make a case-by-case exception for husbands/wives/very close family, so contact me or post in this thread if that's the case.

Our staff in game will mirror our staff here. I am running the guild, and Fei, Jharm, and Faidth (Our mighty Inquisitors) will be the officers. So please do not ask to be an officer.

Hope to see a good turn out for this great game! Feel free to use this thread or make new threads in the Games board to discuss this. If enough interest is generated, we may create a new sub-board just for the guild.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:11:01 AM »
As of right now, our guild is a Republic guild. We may create an Empire faction at a later date if there is enough interest.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 01:34:00 AM »
Applied and game has already been preordered ;)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 01:41:29 AM »
Applied and game has already been preordered ;)

ditto for me!
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 07:20:12 AM »
Applied. Will be pre-ordering the game soon.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 08:07:12 AM »
Just a quick request. If you are signing up for the guild and you're using a different name then you use on the forums, please post your character's name here so that I know who you are.

(Now with TEN TIMES THE BEES <_<)

Edit: One other thing to mention. We already have the required 4 pre-orders to make sure our guild is transferred in game, so you're not actually required to pre-order to join the guild. However, if you still have not purchased the game after it has been out for a month, you will be removed from the guild.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:11:21 AM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
I tried to sign up with every name that has been involved with me and the PA crew at all. All of em were fucking taken. It kinda pissed me off, really. So, I signed up with my recent dnd Char name, Tenebie

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
SWTOR links
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
Well here are 3 links with some interesting SWTOR on em:

http://www.swtorsmuggler.net/

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Old_Republic_Wiki

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/874061-SWTOR-information-gathered-thus-far-from-various-sources

some interesting tidbits i've found:

swiming will NOT be included with release version (dev's stated that to make swimming work properly and not be exploitable and such it would take a large amount of time, time better spent on more important aspects of the game) so you will be able to go through shallow water but as you get into deeper and deeper water you will get warned and then you will drown (aka it will be a soft planetary border).

guild spaceships ARE an aspect that Bioware is really interested in but at this point they are not sure whether it will be in release or patch down the road.

There will be 17 total planets (not including space stations and such)

Third Party addons will not be available for ship but it is something they plan on looking into after release

There will be no "breaking the 4th wall" or non-contexual holidays (xmas, thanksgiving, etc) all holidays will be Star Wars holidays (so if its a holiday in the SW universe it could be in the game)

Apparently armor will be handled similar to say ME2 (so you wont be running around looking like you just jumped out of a garbage can or came from clown school)

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 10:54:56 PM »
Would totally be awesome to get a guild ship.  And the rumor is that it won't just a be a normal ship, but a capital ship.

Im going to play an Empire and a Republic character(if it's possible).   As long as my work schedule doesn't change I'll be on almost every weekend.   

This game has a big potential to destroy free time.

I chose UNDECIDED for my class because they haven't come out with the Jedi Consular trailer or progression videos yet. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:31:56 PM by Tyvaris - (Castellan) »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 12:04:32 AM »
If you mean can you have both on the same server....yes you can, it was confirmed at ComicCon (possibly at other places too *shrug*) that even on PVP servers players will be allowed to have characters of both factions...but you will NOT be able to chat with friends if you are on opposing factions or send any cash or items to characters of the opposing faction.

Also I know how you feel on the lack of video footage for your possible class :)  I really want them to release Smuggler progression vid...still can't decide if ill be going for the range dps (gunslinger) or rogue type setup/healer (scoundrel)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:08:20 AM by Jharm »

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:20:10 AM »
Well at least the Smuggler has a trailer, even without a progression video it still has a small look at what it's like to play as a smuggler.

The Consular doesn't have anything yet.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 01:54:54 AM »
In the MMO-champion link I posted, there is some footage you can watch of some people doing the one flashpoint and one of them is from the Jedi Consular point of view...not the best but *shrug* better then nothing.  From what ive seen and such it seems like the Consular is the "squishy mage" class for SWTOR

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 01:55:17 AM »
We'll be looking at the possibility of having an alternate "Dark Side" guild with the same name once the game starts, since you can apparently do that. It will probably be filled with alts of those of us who want to try out Empire characters. I know I was looking at the Bounty Hunter for a while.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 02:01:20 AM »
yeah the bounty hunter or the agent look pretty awesome (amusingly enough thats pretty much the empire opposites for trooper and smuggler lol)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 08:09:24 AM »
I'll make sure to sign up whenever I manage to get the game. Hope you guys have an Empire faction guild by then. I want to be eeeevil sith.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »
I'm signed up for the guild! Haven't preordered but this game sounds awesome. Plus starting out with you all will be a nice change from going solo all the time. Jedi consular looks cool. One advanced path is listed as tank which I think will be fun. Plus the companions and crew mechanic looks really interesting.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »
there are 3 republic classes that primarily interest me.  The Jedi Knight Sentinel, the Jedi Consular Shadow and the Smuggler Gunslinger. Yes, all 3 of them are DPS roles :p

We got my upfront DPS (Sentinel, dual wields, very Fei/Charin like), my Assassin (Shadow, Double-bladed lightsaber melee DPS, Adrykk/Nimsul) and my ranged DPS (Gunslinger, Dual Pistol, Aric Fitzgerald)

Bang.

Even though we'll be on a PVE server, I'll be heavy handed in the PVP aspect of the game.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 09:43:32 PM »
You should let me know how it is once you play it.  For the time being though, I'm way too addicted to Rift. :P

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 11:33:24 PM »
I'm definitely going with Trooper Vangaurd. I'll possibly consider running a Smuggler Gunslinger as an alt. If we do start a Empire side guild, Bounty Hunter Mercenary will be my dark choice.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:19 PM »
so got almost 2 full groups already for doing flashpoints...looks like we got the following

Tanks:  Faidth and Cameron, and maybe Kith
Healers:  Sepher and myself prolly
DPS:  Fei, Kith (dunno if you intend to tank or dps *shrug*) and Tyvaris

So all around not too bad imho.