Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Administorum Restoration Discussion  (Read 60442 times)

Offline Daccio

• Captain
Re: General bullshit
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
I am re-making sepher when we get there. While im keeping the core concept the same, Im likely going to be updating him a bit around 40k to make him fit in the universe a bit more. Im not 100% yet, but im going to toy around with some fluff.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
Yay... Not to big a deal to me, but thanks.  Would like to figure outhow you'd like to go about Board Battles... or do you want to call themsomething different...  Not so much battles as Multi-input  RPstories...   I've decided on a 40k inspired character.. A Castellan inthe Black Templar as a character if that is ok.

I really never had a good character for the old boards... Or a stableconsistent one.   I want to try again this time.  I have a much larger40K knowledge and way better resources than I ever had before.  Helps alot to know what the environment is like to get into the story.
Bringing in a 40k based character is OK. Just be aware that I have taken some liberties with the 40k mythos in the Epic BB universe. It is definitely not cannon 40k. Although there are ways we've worked around it in the past. I can talk to you about it in greater detail via IM or email sometime. Also, as I definitely will not be the opening Battle Host, I sincerely doubt the opening board battle will be as 40k-centric as the old Eye of Terror campaign was. It's all up to whoever takes up the battle host mantle.

Who is the next said Battlehost?

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »
I don't think that has been decided yet. We are still collecting a good many of our old members so.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 06:31:02 PM »
Definitely a decision that will take some time to make.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »
No doubt... Anything to do till then? :-P

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »
Welcome back, Travis.  Good to see you joining us again.  And the black templars fucking Rock. 

As for the next battle host.  Who knows. 

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2010, 09:00:25 PM »
Feel free to work on your character. I'll have a new character forum open soon.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2010, 06:06:42 AM »
Nice that will work... Although almost have to tailor the character to the story environment... But not to hard... It depends on how much 40K is gonna be used in the story...

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 07:53:45 AM »
Well I figured I'd try to be unoriginal and just go with Uber-cool Black Templar space marines...  They are on a ceaseless crusade across the galaxy to purge the enemies of man.  No reason they couldn't have a Strike Cruiser explore into an uncharted sector and stumble into something.   That said something could create drama for them and others. 

Let me know what you are looking for in a battlehost. Really interested so see where things go.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:56:03 AM by Castellan Antero »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 01:17:48 PM »
One other thing to keep in mind is that even though the main focus is going to be on the main BB, or the "epic" bb, that doesn't mean that you can't create your own. We've had some good secondary stories going on before, and I think it was a very underused feature of the old boards.

As for deciding who gets to be Battle Host for the Epic BB this time, it really depends on how many people express interest.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
Hmmm.... Will have to think about that a little...  I don't have enough experience or drive to run an epic, but might be interested in trying a side battle.. If anyone would be interested in giving me a chance at a go of it.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Back
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
Greetings everyone.  Just thought I would take the opportunity to announce my return.

Clutchfiend let me know about the creation of the board some time ago, but I didn't realise that signing up was already possible (and encouraged) until an e-mail from Fei.

So... it's good to be back.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 03:26:43 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
Welcome back, Soul. Good to have you. I have taken the liberty of migrating your post count from the old forum. You should now have the ability to give yourself a custom title, as you have over 1000 posts. For right now, I am not assigning any moderators, as I still am unsure how many we'll need, and right now during the restoration process I'd prefer if I was the only one mucking about with things.

Just a heads up to the rest of you. I noticed that since I am migrating your post counts, it's really mucking up your "posts per day" in your profiles. To fix this, I'm going to change all the Administorum veteran's registration dates to match your original registration dates on the old boards. This should straighten out your posts per day, and also make it easier for people to tell who the veterans are.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 10:48:51 PM »
Sounds good Dude. 

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »
In case any of you guys missed it up at the top of the forum, I re-opened our IRC channel. It's MUCH easier to use now. Just click on the link, type a nickname, hit Go, and you're in. Any information you need about it can be found in the FAQ right below it.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »
Well, well, well...

I suppose a hello is in order. 

Lots of old faces(names) running around here.  Excellent!  I can't lie, I've been checking the old board from time to time to see if there is any activity.  When Clutch contacted me I crapped myself with excitement and immediately started brainstorming a new character.

For anyone that cares, Kelvack and Kitharsis are proooobably going to be retired.  But they might pull a Farve and come back at some point.

I like this new messageboard a lot more.  The reply text box is resizeable O_o and a good many of the previous replies are shown at the bottom. 

So, yay!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:03 PM »
Yeah... that re-sizable text box is going to make it so much easier to write long posts.

Welcome, Kelvack! I have all your information from the old boards migrated into your new account, so your post count and join date are back in line. Feel free to hang around. I'm adding new stuff all the time.

Speaking of which, new Character Introduction forum is my next project. Stay tuned.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »
Kith, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to bring Kitharsis back!  :'(   He was my favorite character on the boards! I swear, if you don't I am going to go into mourning.  :'(

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2010, 12:16:18 AM »
Wait, seriously?  I didn't know he had a following  :o

Ok, I may reconsider  :-[

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2010, 12:26:19 AM »
I absolutely adored Kith! He was awesome! He had some of the coolest abilities. In particular, I loved how he could use his tattoos as weapons. I thought that it was a pretty inventive idea and he definitely stuck out amongst the rabble. Plus, his physical description was pretty beastly, too. Good Lawd, I sound like some kind of Kitharsis fangirl... I think I am going to have t-shirts made, write a fan-fiction, eat a pint of ice cream and start an LJ Community called Kithars-IS-HAWT. *shudders* Squee aside, your characters are ultimately your choice, but damn I would miss him!