Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII  (Read 31306 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII
« on: October 27, 2010, 06:39:35 PM »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »
Thanks for the visual, Soul. :)

As you can all tell, this battle just rapidly turned against Abbadon, thus it will begin to wind down. I want to ensure a huge finish for this section of the battle, so I will be working with Cameron to ensure that the last bit of Abbadon's actions in this part of the BB are truly in vein with his character. I ask that you please be patient as we formulate the next post. I intend on having it up no later than Sunday, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:03:30 PM »
Right now Danyael's 'protecting' Kari and ready to engage Abbadon. So am I free to post his attack or should I wait? I don't mind, either way.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 01:08:11 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »
Faidth would like to get a reply up for Soul Reaver's attack and Abbadon's next action. Hold off on any more attacks until then.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
Putting the finishing touches on the post.

@Sepher: You have until tomorrow afternoon to put something up. If it does not happen, you will be pounded into a greasy smear on the ground.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
Posted.

To those who are daemonic sensative, this is a fucking huge daemon, in fact, it is some sort of daemon god.

to those of you who are very knowledgeable about Daemons, the name of the god is Rathotuhael the Undying. He is a blind deamon who can feel the threads of space around him to determine where threats are.

Click for picture

http://www.reaper8181.com/images/wallpapers/zDemon-Dragon-703600.jpeg

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 08:32:28 PM »
Posted.

To those who are daemonic sensative, this is a fucking huge daemon, in fact, it is some sort of daemon god.

to those of you who are very knowledgeable about Daemons, the name of the god is Rathotuhael the Undying. He is a blind deamon who can feel the threads of space around him to determine where threats are.

Click for picture

Awww, picture is gone. :(  Do you have another link?

Though Soul Reaver might find the energies to be similar to those of the Daemons he knows, he won't be familiar with Rathotuhael specifically - the Daemons Soul Reaver controls are those from Inferno only.

By the way, Faidth, I think Sepher said that his Daemon form didn't have any eyes, so the Great Unclean One (if that's what it is) wouldn't be able to sear them...  :-X
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:37:10 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »

Though Soul Reaver might find the energies to be similar to those of the Daemons he knows, he won't be familiar with Rathotuhael specifically - the Daemons Soul Reaver controls are those from Inferno only.

By the way, Faidth, I think Sepher said that his Daemon form didn't have any eyes, so the Great Unclean One (if that's what it is) wouldn't be able to sear them...  :-X

That picture still works for me :(

and Indeed, eye targeted attacks... well , he aint got not eyes! :p

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
Edited: eye sockets.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 03:01:02 AM »

That picture still works for me :(

and Indeed, eye targeted attacks... well , he aint got not eyes! :p

Ah, ok.  I copy/pasted the URL into the URL bar.  That worked.  Clicking directly on it didn't though.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 07:10:46 AM »
The Battle thread is closed. Don't yell at Faidth... this was my doing. The post is unfinished. I have some things I need to add to it. Should be up by this afternoon at the latest.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 10:03:43 AM »
Posted.

Click for picture

First of all, very nice. Second, when you say it draws on the energies of all things around it, does that include the companions. I'm just curious. No trouble intended.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
It is mainly that of the planet, elements, chaos and deamonic energies. It doesnt really sap life energy. They might feel a little, but thats mainly if they have some strong elemental/deamonic presence around them.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 09:15:38 AM »
Faidth's last post has been completed. The thread has been re-opened.

Anyone attempting to detect Abbadon's life force or energy signal will notice that it winked out just as the Talon exploded. No detectable presence remains.

Obviously, you should not be attempting to attack Abbadon at this point. Your next post should be used to describe how you manage to escape from the explosion. Please note that regardless of how good your description is, you most likely will not escape completely unscathed.

All enchantments that were active on Abbadon at the time of the explosion have been cancelled. This includes Soul Reaver's attack from his last post.

From this point forward, I am re-establishing myself as Co-Battle Master of the Eye of Terror campaign. Faidth will still be handling the majority of the posting responsibilities. Please contact either of us with any questions.

We will begin allowing new characters into the campaign soon.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 09:26:03 PM »
Thank you for your help Faidth. I really appreciated your input on this one.

I would have included Soul and Sepher, but I didn't want to step on any toes. Also, as a side note to Faidth and Kith, please keep in mind that Danyael's newest tactic is not restrictive. Feel free to accept or refuse his help at your discretion. Basically, he's just trying to help as best he can with whatever he has to work with at the moment - which isn't much considering the side effects of his ability to be in total symbiosis with planets, or celestial constructs like the Eidolon Wastelands. 

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Thank you for your help Faidth. I really appreciated your input on this one.

I would have included Soul and Sepher, but I didn't want to step on any toes. Also, as a side note to Faidth and Kith, please keep in mind that Danyael's newest tactic is not restrictive. Feel free to accept or refuse his help at your discretion. Basically, he's just trying to help as best he can with whatever he has to work with at the moment - which isn't much considering the side effects of his ability to be in total symbiosis with planets, or celestial constructs like the Eidolon Wastelands.

Whew, that was lucky you didn't include Soul Reaver - I'd written up a huge post and went to post it when I saw you'd beaten me to it. :P

I'm going to have Soul Reaver pay no attention to those around him at the moment - he's in too much of a hurry to save his own skin.  He's pretty drained and weakend from this battle and particularly his last attack, so he can't just hold his ground at the epicentre of the explosion.

He's basically tried to get as far away possbile as as fast as possible, and erected the most powerful Shielding spell he could maintain.  When the explosion went off, he was already quite far away from the epicentre (thanks to Blooddrinker's prior warning), which is why he managed to weather it nonetheless.  That, and Blooddrinker's been feeding him energy to keep him going.

EDIT: I just realize I might have misread the instructions: am I supposed to describe how Soul Reaver escapes the explosion (which is what I did) or rather what precautions he takes right up to before it hits?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:31:26 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 07:14:42 AM »
EDIT: I just realize I might have misread the instructions: am I supposed to describe how Soul Reaver escapes the explosion (which is what I did) or rather what precautions he takes right up to before it hits?

No, what you did there was fine. Either way would have worked. The only thing I'm not accepting at this point is if someone tries to say they escaped the blast completely unscathed. That is for Faidth to decide.  ;)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
I'm a slacker, sorry.  I'll have posts up by sunday night.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 12:46:17 AM »
ill also attempt to haver a post up by sunday
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 08:32:41 PM »
We'll try to have a post up by tomorrow evening (barring any unforeseen circumstances.)

@Sepher: Please try to post by tomorrow afternoon. I had better not see you on MindCrack until you do. :P