Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Final fantasy: New Horizons  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Daccio

• Captain
Final fantasy: New Horizons
« on: May 26, 2014, 09:07:13 PM »
So, I've gotten the Races, classes and cities up for my BB. I haven't created char guidelines yet, but that will be coming soon.

I am curious to see what you guys are interested in me coming up with as far as lore and possibly some character ideas. Your characters will not be starting with super amazing equipment or anything, in fact, you will be fairly new adventurers of some kind. Just give me some ideas to run with. I have a bunch of ideas for NPCs and such, but let me know.

Thanks!

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Final fantasy: New Horizons
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »
I'm assuming that Gladiators are free to use their second hand for their sword as well. I'm generally aiming for a swift bastard-sized sword wielder, or maybe just one-handing a sword that should by rights be two-handed until I need my other hand. Either way, freedom to alternate one and two hands is key here.

But as for lore, I'd like some history and time reference. I'd like to be able to wear clothing appropriate to the time period, unless there isn't really a time-period style, which is common with final fantasy worlds. Also knowing the historical background of the world could help with character depth.

Edit: By history I mean on the smaller scale. You've explained the world history, I'd like to know the history of the provinces and people within it. Regional heroes, important culture, hierarchies and nobility, etc etc.

That falls in with NPCs as well. Notable heroic figures in certain regions, the ruling nobles and their families, stuff like that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:22:42 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »
I'll start working on smaller scale history then!

As far using your other hand on your sword, that is fine. Typically they use shield and are more defensive, but for the sake of custimizability, that's fine XD

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:46:08 AM »
I'm looking at making a much more swift and offensive sword wielder. Possibly with a bastard sword or Odachi. Sword and only sword, giving him reason to be a better swordsman than most run of the mill gladiators.