Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis: The Bulwark of Heaven (Part 2)  (Read 36202 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: The Legion Immortalis: The Bulwark of Heaven (Part 2)
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »
Faile opens her beak to object to Sembas being pulled out from underneath her.  Her mouth hangs open as she slowly glides to the ground next to Besnik.  Remembering herself, she shuts her beak and stops staring.  She mutters something to Besnik before rolling her eyes.

This is better than honeycakes.  Better than the ale Calming makes.  It beats the heck out of any new shiny weapons.  Sleeping in the bushes under the stars couldn't hold a candle to it, even if he did get to wake up next to Dennan...

By far, this moment was his favorite part of Avalon.  He returns the kiss, although his legs were going weak.

It's over much too soon.  He wobbles a bit as they part.  His cheeks are burning with a blush.  Nearly out of breath, words are lost for the moment.  All he can do is smile as his eyes meet hers...

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 01:43:17 PM »
Cardack's whining and random screaming crescendoes when he sees Hestia and berates himself for being an idiot.

Fenwick had to agree.

As much as he wanted to finally force Cardack to contront his past, now was, still, once again, as always, not the time.

He was simply annoyed by his ramblings, until he made mention that Hestia had 'well-preserved' herself.

Of course. He was also a two faced rabbit which grew a lion's tail. Wow, he thought. Cardack's got some standards.

"Hestia! How are you?" Fenwick asks her, delibrately drawing the book out, feigning trying to put it in a position more comfortable than before. That elicits a few glances from Cleo.

*What are you doing!?!! SHE'S THERE!!! Wrong direction!! That waaaaaaay!!!!!* Cardack cries out, as if clawing his way through.

"Sorry, the book's a little heavy. Don't mind me. How'd you find the match? And what's this... white robe bushes?"

Success. He had to interrupt them, but he had probably successfully integrated himself into the conversation.

Now for the hard part, trying to bring up Cardack without ruining the party.
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
        A crisis had been averted and the collective relief felt by all manifests itself in unadulterated glee and merriment. All around you, Ageless celebrate the simple pleasure of being near their kindred. They smilingly call out to one another to joke and chat, or help themselves to heaping plates of food and fine drinks.

Philosophy, Calming, and a few volunteers pour themselves into the task of filling the bellies of their brethren. Serenity and Constancy are two of the kind souls who have offered their aid, and run back and forth carrying trays of food or pints of ale.

Keeper, Smith, and several others are playing some unusual form of drinking game. Occasionally, a cry will come from that direction, indicating that someone had rolled the cup of dice very well or very poorly.

Nearby, Corvus has withdrawn to a place of quiet contemplation. With an expression of longing upon his face, he sits upon a large boulder and looks up at the night sky. His mother notices his discontent, and she joins him, protectively wrapping her arms around him. He gazes up at her and manages a weak smile, more for her sake than his own. She whispers something into his ear, and whatever it is, it is enough to raise his spirits, at least for the time being. He returns to his typical demeanor and begins to laugh heartily as he realizes what Dennan and Fensten are up to.

Bran finds himself surrounded by several young Ageless women. As the son of the Archon and the General, he possesses the innate charisma of his parents, though he is usually far less outgoing than his brother, Corvus. For the night, it seems that he and his elder sibling have switched roles. While Corvus is comforted by his mother, Bran looks uncertain and slightly embarrassed over the attention that is being given to him. Due to his parentage, his youth, and the fact that he is one of the few mortals in Avalon, many of the Ageless find him simply intriguing.

He smiles politely as a young woman puts her hand upon his shoulder and whispers something into his ear. Whatever it is, it is enough to make him blush and he quickly excuses himself so that he may be red-faced and bashful elsewhere.

Muse is engaged in conversation with a handsome young gentleman who wears the colors of the Fierce Legion. Her lute is upon her lap and she is tuning the instrument to a setting that is more to her liking.

Everyone seems quite at ease, and despite the general noise and exuberant behavior that abounds in this area, the atmosphere is relaxed and comforting.     

@Sembas:

When you part from Archer, you find Besnik looking up at you with his beak agape and, if it is at all possible for a falcon’s eyes to grow wider, the most stricken falcon eyes you have ever seen. He glances towards Faile who merely rolls her eyes again and shrugs, an oddly human behavior for a fowl. Besnik shakes his head as if dispelling the vision from his mind and begins to strut back and forth as he squawks his disbelief to Faile in “Falconese.”

Faile gestures to a low branch nearby and Besnik gestures to his recently injured wing. Faile rolls her eyes again, suspecting that Besnik may be one to milk his injuries, but acquiescing to his request out of pity. She picks him up in her talons once again, and you see the two make their way towards the branch where they might share a laugh at you ridiculous humans and your silly spit-swapping.

“I… uh… I’m sorry… I… don’t know what came over me… I…” She laughs nervously and offers an embarrassed shrug. “Dear me… you must think me awfully forward. I assure you I’m no common bit of smut, I just… we have a great deal in common, and me and Besnik and… and you and Faile… I just.”

She bites her lip and you can tell that she is contemplating what implications, if any, might result from that recent moment of indiscretion. A dismissive shake of her head is accompanied by a slight smile. “Oh the hell with it!”

She kisses you again, but your moment of passion is interrupted as you and Archer find yourselves doused with freezing, cold buckets of water.

“What the-!” Archer glances upward and shakes her fist at the culprits.

You see Dennan, in his bear form, and Fensten holding empty buckets in their razor sharp teeth.

“Dennan!” shouts Archer.

Dennan shapeshifts back into his human form and laughs so hard that the mountainous man nearly falls out of the tree. Fensten, too, lets out a playful roar, and you realize that poor branch is noticeably bowing in the center.

Dethys arrives beside you and tsk-tsks at your sopping appearance. “My, you two look quite the mess.”

He is accompanied by his wife and son, Captain Blood, and another gentleman that you do not recognize.

“Here. Let me take care of that for you,” offers Dethys. A simple wave of his hand results in you and Archer being alleviated of the soggy condition of your clothing. You find yourself in perfectly dry clothes.

Blood smirks at Archer knowingly, and the latter blushes slightly.

“Birds of a feather, eh?” poses Blood.

Archer smiles shyly, and quickly attempts to draw the topic of conversation away from the topic of her interest in you. “So, Dethys, who is your new friend?”

“Ah!” exclaims Dethys. “Archer… Sembas… This is Depheir Kogthar. Sembas, Depheir , like yourself, has been recently Chosen. He’s a Childer Immortalis who has just accepted General Fury’s offer to aid the Bulwark. I’m sure you two will become quite well-acquainted.”

@Fenwick:

As you attempt to engage yourself in the conversation, you notice that Hestia abruptly stops talking in mid-sentence. She raises her head to the air, as if sensing something that cannot be perceived with the eyes.   

“Hestia?” speaks Cleo. “Are you alright?”

“It’s… nothing… it’s just… I thought I felt something,” responds Hestia, her voice accented with confusion.

Cleo frowns and shoots you a knowing look before returning her attention to Hestia. “What was it?”

“I just thought…” Hestia shakes her head as if dispelling some troubling thought. “I’m sure it’s nothing, my dear. Just my mind playing tricks on me.”

You hear Cleo’s voice within your mind, and you quickly realize her message is being directed at Cardack. “I swear to you, Cardack Silenus, if you upset this poor woman…”

“I don’t intend to!” exclaims Cardack. “Damn it! She must have sensed me here.”

Knowing that you might not understand, Cardack explains. “Those of the Legion Immortalis can sense each other. If you bond with another of our kind, the feeling is even stronger. Hestia and I were quite close. Even though she does not actually KNOW that I am here, part of her can feel me. Luckily, she probably thinks I’m dead, so I doubt she will further investigate this matter.”

Hestia rests her hand on your elbow. “Oh, yes! Cleo has an amazing home, not too far from mine actually. She has the most darling little garden. I’ve been watching over her abode during her absence, and it has not lost any of its beauty. You simply must see it, Fenwick, especially now that its mistress has returned!” Suddenly, Hestia’s smile dissipates. “You… you are staying, Cleo… aren’t you?”

Cleo smiles, but there is a touch of sadness there. “I don’t know if I can, Hestia… Not yet, anyway. I still have to guard the gates.”

“But there are others who can guard it,” insists Hestia. “We can help you! Dethys, Fury, me-”

Cleo shakes her head. “It is still my responsibility. However, if I can solidify my ability to divide my person, I might be able to come up with a more permanent solution. However, for now at least, I’m afraid that I shall have to return to the gates after tonight’s festivities. But I promise I will come back soon!”

Hestia nods her understanding. “Well then… We shall just have to make the most of tonight, shan’t we?”

Cleo glances up at you with her devastatingly radiant smile. “I intend to.”

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:01:39 AM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 10:14:32 AM »
"No, yes... in common.  Leather and falcons... We kind of-"

"Oh the hell with it!"

They kiss again.  The galaxy spins around his head and fireworks send colorful sparks raining down around him. 

"Cold!"  He shouts as the freezing water hits them.  Dennan and Fensten, two mischevious bears, have empty buckets in their mouths.  As Dennan shifts back into human form and laughs, Sembas can't help but laugh with him.

Thankfully Dethys dries their clothes for them.  He was also thankful that Archer was able to divert the conversation from themselves.

"Depheir, a pleasure to meet you!  Cleo mentioned there would be others coming.  I'm glad you made it to Avalon safely!  That is my companion, Faile, in the tree over there.  She is the smaller, and faster of the two."  He says with a wink and a nudge towards Archer.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »
Fenwick freezes when Hestia senses a disturbance. He was sure Cardack would be too scared to reveal himself. How could she--

*Those of the Legion Immortalis can sense each other. If you bond with another of our kind, the feeling is even stronger. Hestia and I were quite close. Even though she does not actually KNOW that I am here, part of her can feel me. Luckily, she probably thinks I’m dead, so I doubt she will further investigate this matter.*

Oh.

To Cleo and Hestia both, he asks, "Do we go now? Or do we stay and linger a while longer? It's up to you. I don't mind crowds, I'm used to them." Indeed he was. As a travelling merchant, one had to become accustomed to many things.

'No matter what happens, Cardack, you've got to face her.' He tells the anxious spirit.
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 02:17:52 AM »
@Fenwick:

"Says you!" grumbles Cardack.

“I’d love for you to see my place, but I’m sure you’ll see plenty of it before the night is through.” Cleo directs a wink at you. “I think I’d like to remain here for a bit if you would find it suitable.”

“Well… You two are certainly getting on quite well,” remarks Hestia with a smile

“Wicky is quite special, Hestia,” speaks Cleo.

“Wicky? Wicky is it?” Hestia chuckles good-naturedly.

@Sembas:

“Is that not the case with most creatures? Is it not the smaller and faster that usually manage to gain the advantage.” Archer stands upon the tips of her toes as if to emphasize that she is smaller than you, albeit not by much in regards to height.

“However, perhaps the we can put this theory to the test,” suggests Archer, the beginnings of a smile creeping into the corners of her lips. “I do believe that some sparring is in order. How about tomorrow, Sembas?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Ageless continue to engage in the festivities that this impromptu celebration has to offer, dulcet tones, accompanied by an exceedingly pleasant voice, permeate through the surrounding area, capturing the attention of all who are lucky enough to bear witness to the performance. Each Ageless turns to examine the source, though many already know from whom these captivating sounds emanate.

Muse stands upon a small stage that had been quickly, yet sturdily, erected by several of the younger male Ageless. Captain Lurien Honor, Lieutenant Fierce’s second-in-command, and the same gentleman that Muse had been entertaining discussion with for the majority of the night, stands near the front of the stage. His arms are folded over his chest and he watches the woman intently as she plucks the strings of her lute.

Cedric Fierce soon joins him, along with the Lieutenant’s numerous daughters. One by one, each Ageless makes their way towards the site where such unparalleled beauty is being translated into song. For all of you Childer Immortalis, some of the words in the song are undecipherable, as they were originally intended for a language that has long been forgotten.

However, Muse has taken the liberty to translate it, and what you hear, is a tale of enduring love and unsurpassed loyalty. It tells of two souls, so intricately entwined with one another, that not even the intervention of the Adversary, or the hand of death itself, can part them.

Muse’s voice fills the air, calling to the hearts of all of her brethren. It feels as if she is speaking to the very center of your souls, and you can almost feel her attention upon each of you, both individually and collectively as she performs.

However, during this strikingly divine ballad, her attention lingers just a bit longer upon one man in the crowd, someone who hears her song with far more understanding than anyone else could. Each ambient melody and every intonation of her alluring voice calls out to you, joining with the Symphony that already exists around you.

As the final chorus is borne upon the lips of every Ageless in attendance, you can hear the words as clear as day.

“We shall not be parted
   Nor severed in twain
   Though our bodies be broken   
        Our souls will remain
   Abounding with passion
   Enamored with truth
   So kept by your essence
   My love pledged to you.”

“And the hallowed hand of Heaven
   The glory of the Divine
   Shall guard and protect you
   Your heart remains mine
   No, death shall not claim you
   No soul can dissever
   The heart that beats for you
   Love endures forever.”

As the final notes of the song drift through the space between each of you and the living Muse that stands before you, you feel your hearts swell with happiness unlike you have ever experienced before. It is as if each word infiltrates the entirety of your being, uplifting you and reassuring you that all will be well in the world.

Muse humbly bows as her kindred lavish cries of acknowledgment and resounding applause upon her. Despite her experience with such an atmosphere, you all notice that she blushes slightly as she dismounts from the stage.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:20:10 AM by Faidth »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2010, 01:53:26 PM »
"Oh, some sparring?  Well I know you can already best me with a bow, but I'm interested in seeing if you're as skilled in a melee.  Sure, little one a sparring match would be fun!"

Muse's song melts his heart.  The words paint a picture of love and loyalty.  Sembas is nervously aware of Archer standing next to him.  After a moments hesitation, he slips his arm around her waist and waits to see if she leans into his embrace.

Faile, also appreciating the song, offers a question to Besnik.  In a sweetly mocking tone she queries if such a beautiful song was just another ridiculous human display.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 07:07:06 PM »
@Sembas:

Archer smiles shyly as you slip your arm around her waist. She leans against you as the song reaches its culmination and applauds and whistles loudly when Muse leaves the stage.

“I wish I had her talent,” says Archer quietly. “To share such beauty with the world must be quite a feeling.”

Faile’s question is greeted with a rather long tirade from Besnik about the differences between falcons and humans. He believes that it is the duty of every falcon to circumvent the stupidity of their human companions so that they do not doom their entire race. He goes on to say that if humanity ever fails, surely falcons will take over the world. He notes that they may receive some challenge from the owls, as they are self-absorbed and quite presumptuous, but feels they can surely overcome these petulant babies in bird bodies.

Faile eventually tunes him out and looks to you imploringly, as if to say, “Please… Save me from this idiot.”

Archer notices that Besnik is engaged in one of his all-too-common rants and turns to her companion. “Really, Besnik! Could you cease being a malcontent for even a few short moments? Honestly!”

Besnik puts his wing over his beak in a gesture of shame.

“Come on, Besi. Why don’t you show Faile your treasures? I’m sure she will appreciate them,” suggests Archer.

Besnik looks to Faile and the two make some kind of exchange. Faile gives a slight nod, agreeing to follow Besnik to the site of his stash.

Archer glances up at you. “Besnik, like most birds, loves shiny things. He picks them up wherever he goes. He’s always careful to make sure they don’t belong to anyone first, but he’s found some rather spectacular items: a few precious gems, an old key, a silver ring and a gold necklace, a few silver buttons. He’s always looking them over and asking me if I will give him a bit of oiled cloth so that he might polish them. He’s quite an odd one, my Besi.”

The stars have taken their places of honor in the night sky, and Archer looks up at them with a wistful expression upon her face. She takes you by the hand and leads you along behind her.

“Come on,” she says softly.

She leads you through the expansive stretch of land behind her tree, and you realize you are heading towards the lake where you saw her practicing with Besnik earlier. You pass this pristine body of water, and it sparkles in the full moonlight, entreating you to come closer, though Archer continues, indicating a dip in the lake will have to wait for another time.

You follow the creek that feeds into the lake, and after some time, you hear rushing water somewhere ahead of you. In the distance, you can make out a waterfall. It, too, looks quite inviting, but Archer leads you onward.

Finally, after several more minutes, you can see a large field where the lavender dances in the soft breeze.

“This is one of my favorite places to view the stars,” confides Archer.

She plops down upon the ground, sending a spray of purple petals upward where they are borne to other places. The lavender is so high here that when she stretches out before you, you are sure that no one could see her without a considerable vantage point. She pats the ground beside her, bidding you to take your place there, and when you do, she rests her head upon your shoulder and snuggles close to you.

She points out all of the constellations you’ve ever heard of, and many more you were unaware of. With each one is a story, and she shares a few of these with you. She tells you of Amatus, a great hunter and a servant of the Divine, who was so skilled at tracking, that he managed to find his way into the home of the Adversary. He proceeded into the lair, and managed to encounter the Divine’s mortal enemy. However, despite his great strength, he was killed by the hand of the Adversary.

“So beloved was he of the Divine, that when he was slain, the heavenly One collected his ashes and tossed them into the sky, preserving his memory forever,” explains Archer.

She tells you of Klimek, a wise king, who showed his enemy, Akar, mercy, but was turned upon by the same. As punishment, the Divine struck Akar down and turned him into a throne. He placed the throne in the sky, then set Klimek upon it, so that he might look upon his subjects and grant them peace.

“One day, though it may be hundreds of years away, when the Divine sends for me to come home, I hope that he makes me a star, so that I might look down upon the beauty of the world and bring joy to all those who roam the wilderness by lighting their path and showing them the way home.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The party is still in full swing, though several prominent Ageless have retired for the evening. Dethys and Carina have opted to take their young son home for the night. Carina, too, looked quite exhausted, the bags around her eyes becoming much more prevalent as the night wears on. Dethys puts his arms around her and speaks to her gently before waving goodbye to Blood.

“I’ll be back over there at first light,” informs Blood. “So don’t get any funny ideas! If I find out you’re working on that spell when I’m not there, I’ll flay you alive, I swear it.”

Dethys laughs in reply. Such threats are quite common from Blood, but as the two are close friends, Dethys knows she would never make good on them.

All around you, the Ageless continue to enjoy the festivities. Perhaps you even partake in some of them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 11:22:00 AM by Faidth »

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
Fenwick nods in response to Hestia. "Yes. Wicky it is. I was hoping for Fen, or Wick, but Wicky's a fine substitute."

Music floated over from somewhere to Fenwick's left... or right... or behind him... from everywhere! While he turns his head around attempting to locate the source, Cleo and Hestia have already easily accomplished the task, and Fenwick finally finds enough sense to follow their line of sight.

He finds Muse standing upon a stage, singing a song with a few lyrics Fenwick could not decipher. Unlike other times when he would get frustrated when he could not understand the words of a song, he simply felt at peace. The melody seemed beautifully haunting, so incredibly touching, silent yet loud at the same time... both a dirgeful moan and a celebratory piece of joy.

But the song repeats itself again, but this time with english words that could be appreciated by even the Childer Immortalis. A song of love and loyalty, of two souls bound together...

Fenwick had to stiffle an inappropriate chuckle. All Cardack ever accomplished was being bound to a book.

As if on cue, he hears Cardack sigh in his head and, although Cardack still hides in his safe confines, Fenwick can imagine him just longingly looking over at Hestia. With a sudden impulse, Fenwick does turn his head and look at Hestia.

The woman appeared stoic, her features betraying nothing, but her arms were crossed and her face was tilted slightly to the ground, though her eyes remained on Muse. At this moment however, he feels a small push at his hips and Fenwick looks down to find Cleo staring into him, her eyes sparkling with concern both for  their future and for Hestia.

The chorus plays, and although Fenwick is still worried about Cardack and Hestia, the moment belonged only to him and Cleo now. As the chorus finishes, he feels another silent connection with Cleo, as if an oath had been taken, and he leans in to kiss her.

Then applause permeates the air, and Fenwick is brought back into reality and he joins the clapping, cheered and impressed by Muse's skill.

His attention then returns to Hestia, and he begins to pull out his book, intent on revealing Cardack to her. Now was as good a time as any.

"Hestia, I've got someone I'd like you to meet again..."

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2010, 03:25:26 PM »
"I've often gazed at the stars.  On more nights than I can count it was Faile and I by ourselves in the wilderness.  The soft grass at my back and a canopy of stars as my blanket was all I needed."

He shifts slightly as he moves his arm and pulls Archer a little closer to him.

"Have you heard of the Two Lovers?  It is a tale of a prince and princess from rival kingdoms.  Their parents, knowing the chaos such a union would cause, forbode their love.  Even the gods demanded their separation, wishing to avoid the turmoil and strife their being together would cause."

"But the two could not deny their feelings.  In secret, they met and were wed.  Once a month they would meet under the stars.  Before long, they were found out by the gods themselves.  The gods told the royal families of their children's union, and the two were immediately seperated.  War broke out between the two kingdoms, each blaming the other for the affront."

"The Two Lovers couldn't stand being apart, despite the war.  At the end of the third month they arranged to meet at night, like they had before.  But it was the wet season, and the small stream by their meeting place had turned into a raging river.  Weapons of fallen soldiers littered the water, making it too dangerous to wade through."

"They had been followed and soldiers attacked in the dark, not realizing who they were.  Hopelessly, the Two Lovers ran towards each other through the water, the soldiers hot on their heels.  In their last breaths they reached out for each other, tears in their eyes.  Their fingers barely touched as they were struck down..."

Sembas extends his free hand to the sky, mimicing the Two Lover's last gesture.

"The gods took pity on them, for such devoted love is rare, and elevated their souls to the heavens.  They stand on either side of the milky way, reaching for each other hopelessly across a great unpassable river.  They say that once every three months the gods grant them a night together.  The sky shifts and their fingers..."  He slowly brings his hand down towards Archer's.  "Their fingers brush against each others."  He touches his fingertips to hers.  "The tears in their eyes are gone, replaced with blissful smiles.  That one moment's embrace is all they need for all eternity."

He spreads his fingers and slowly slides them along Archer's.  Soon their hands are clasped together, and he stares intently into her eyes.

He leans forward and presses his lips to hers in a kiss...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:07:14 PM by Kitharsis »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »
@Fenwick:

Fenwick’s innocent statement of "Hestia, I've got someone I'd like you to meet again..." is met with some degree of hostility by Cardack.

“WHAT THE BLEEDING PISS ARE YOU DOING?!” demands Cardack. “Are you out of your mind?!”

Cleo’s eyes widen and she covers her face with the palm of her hand. Hestia notices this gesture and becomes quite confused by your meaning.

Despite Cardack’s vehement insistence that this is an awful idea, he begrudgingly manifests as you produce the book in front of Hestia.

Cardack’s ghostly torso extends from the front cover. There is an embarrassed expression upon his face and you can sense the depth of his anxiety.

“Uh… um… eh… hi there, Hesti…” stammers Cardack. “Y-you’re looking as r-radiant as ever. M-moreso perhaps.”

Hestia is frozen in shock, her mouth agape and her form absolutely motionless. However, her startled expression is quickly replaced by one of immense hurt.

Hestia shakes her head in disbelief. “You? How could you? Have you any idea what I endured in your absence? Wondering where you were and if you were still alive?”

“Hesti… darling… I-” Cardack seems to be at a loss for words and he gazes at you desperately, imploring for some direction on what he should do.

“DON’T YOU DARE ‘DARLING’ ME!” exclaims Hestia, her anger rushing to the forefront of her tangled emotions.

The exchange has drawn quite a bit of attention and all around you, the other Ageless are turning to see what could possibly have the infinitely patience Hestia Hearth so very agitated. Whispers of “Cardack Silenus…” ripple through the crowd as they realize one of their departed brethren is in their midst. There is shock upon all of their faces, but as your gaze passes over General Fury, you realize that her face is devoid of the surprise that all of her brethren are feeling. It’s almost as if she was expecting this.

“TWO HUNDRED YEARS I WAITED FOR YOU!” cries Hestia.

Cleo puts her hand upon her friend’s shoulder to comfort her.

“Hestia, my love! Please! If you will just let me-” begins Cardack.

Hestia shakes her head. The tears are already welling in her eyes and the expression upon her face is that of a broken woman, one who has been defeated by the pain of her own heart.

Her voice is barely a whisper. “Save it, Cardack…” Hestia turns and begins to make her way back towards her home. The crowd parts to allow her passage, and each of her kindred offer sympathetic glances or whispered words of kindness to strengthen her broken heart.

Cardack, a helpless look upon his face, watches her go, and all in attendance turn their eyes towards him. Without a word, the book falls from your hand and lands heavily upon the ground. Cardack uses his transparent arms to drag himself forward, after his fleeing, forlorn lover.

Bran steps forward to pick him up and aid him in his quest, but his mother puts her hand upon his chest and shakes her head slightly, indicating that this is a journey Cardack must make alone. You, too, know that it would be better to leave him to his task rather than attempting to interfere in any way.

Cardack disappears down the street, his ghostly appendages dragging his torso, and the book, behind him. Once he is gone, Jonas Philosophy and Galenus Calming do all that they can to get the part back on track. However, despite the revelries, there is a certain somberness to the atmosphere that seems to affect each Ageless differently. Even you feel this, and sensing that you might be wondering why, Cleo explains.

“Empathy is a powerful thing. When one of us grieves, so do we all,” says Cleo quietly.

As the night wears on, the crowd begins to thin and many of the Ageless begin to retire to their homes. At one point, you are quite certain that you see Faran (perhaps shockingly) enjoying himself amidst the company of the Ageless. At Muse's urging, he engages in a dance, and even offers his services to Jonas Philosophy in preparing food and carrying trays. 

Awhile later, Cleo indicates it is time to turn in for the night. She agrees to remain in Avalon until your departure, but confides that she plans to return back to the Wastes when you are deployed on your first Bulwark missions. She seems to believe that she can regulate her other selves to the extent that she can remotely operate the gate, though not for great amounts of time.

She takes you by the hand and leads you to her home, a rather large house with a wraparound porch and decorated with numerous white rosebushes. There is a porcelain birdbath in the front where several small, white birds are perched. The look up as Cleo approaches and all of them appear infinitely pleased to have her back home. One lands upon her shoulder, letting out a pleasant trill in acknowledgment of their dear friend’s return.

Cleo’s home is quite impressive, and what is even more interesting is that she made the entire thing herself.

“Remember how I told you my father was a carpenter?” asks Cleo. “Well, 800 years is a long time to hone your crafts.”

She shows you through her house,  which consists of a large kitchen, a dining area, a considerable size study, a personal library (the collection isn’t nearly as large as that of Dethys Night’s, but still impressive in its own right,) two guestrooms, a master bedroom, and a studio.

It is the last room that seems to be particularly important to Cleo. It is decorated with all manner of canvases, paper and parchment. There are charcoal drawings, beautiful pastels, inspiring oil paintings, and even a few woodblock prints that have been impressed upon fine silk. Though the subject matter varies (landscapes, animals, and Avalon being just a few,) the single piece that holds the place of honor in the room is a beautiful pastel piece of an infant, clutching a teddy bear in his tiny hands. There is a smile upon the baby’s face, and it appears as if his little eyes are looking right at you.

Cleo crosses to the fireplace where the portrait has been lovingly displayed for centuries. There is a look of longing upon her face and you realize the true meaning of empathy.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:49:14 PM by Faidth »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2010, 04:46:04 PM »
@Sembas:

The gentle rays of the early morning sun stir you from your slumber and you find yourself quite exposed, your clothing having been cast aside during the previous evening’s indulgences. You can still feel Archer’s lingering touch upon you, but as you turn to face your newfound lover, you notice that she is missing.

You are alone upon a bed of lavender and as you sit up, you notice that your body aches slightly, though not in a painful, afflicting way. Rather, the dull ache of your muscles serve as a sweet reminder of a pleasant night with a beautiful woman.

Your clothes are nowhere to be found, though the lavender is certainly high enough to hide your unmentionable areas from any prying eyes. That is… unless those prying eyes are upon the heads of two falcons, perched in a nearby tree.

Faile smirks at you and offers a wave of her wing in greeting.  She is still in the company of Besnik  who points his wing towards you and whispers something about “the biggest worm he’s ever seen.” Faile nudges him and gives him a warning look to keep quiet. Faile assures you that they have only just arrived and were not privy to anything that did, or did not, happen the previous evening, though your constant companion gives you a knowing look. She goes on to point her wing in the direction of the waterfall you passed last night.

You can hear the rushing water not far off, and you make your way towards it, knowing that you will likely find Archer there. Your assumptions are confirmed as fact when you see the gorgeous, dark-haired woman bathing in the waterfall.  Her soaked tresses fall over her slim shoulders in waves. Her hazel eyes lock on yours and she offers a pristine smile as she leans back into the crystal clear waters of the pool that collects at the base of the waterfall.

She bids you come closer. The water is cool, but not too cold, and feels quite soothing. As you draw near her, Archer wraps her arms around you. She plants a soft kiss upon your lips and begins to massage the taut muscles in your back.

“I hope you slept well,” says Archer quietly. “I know I did.” She smiles, blushing slightly at the recollection of last night’s romantic interlude.

“And even if you didn’t, I hope you know that I am not going to take it easy on you today. As soon as we get back into the city proper, you have a sparring match on your hands,” she reminds you.

You spend some time in this quiet, secluded place, simply communing with nature (and perhaps, once again, each other.) When it is time to depart, Archer gestures to your clothes, which she has neatly folded and placed upon the shore of the pool. The two of you dress and begin upon your way back to the eastern road in Avalon. 

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 11:22:48 AM »
Hestia's fury instantly makes freezes Fenwick. Suddenly, the whole thing didn't seem like such a brilliant idea after all.

"Gotta do this. It's gotta come someday anyway. Better now... better now..." He whispered to himself, assuring himself that it had to be done sooner than later. Might as well make it now.

Hestia turns around and walks off. Just as Fenwick decides to chase after her, the tome somehow becomes ten times heavier and he is forced to drop it to the ground, rubbing a strained back at the sudden weight. Bran steps forth, but is stopped by his mother. Fenwick does the same, somehow feeling that it was up to Cardack for this one.

He had better not scratch the book in the process.

Yet his attempt to lighten his own mood fails as he still feels something wrong...something that had... changed. It tasted sad, smelled disheartening, felt uncomfortable.

“Empathy is a powerful thing. When one of us grieves, so do we all,” says Cleo quietly.

Empathy. Who would've thought? After so many years of being alone with no one around, empathy seemed so foreign and strange, yet here it was, smacking him straight in the face. Worse still was that this was his doing.

"Just like for magic, you must endure hardship... It is necessary..." He tells to no one in particular.

The night thins, Fenwick decides to take a walk with Cleo to nowhere, enjoying how the place looked at night. The gold and ivory did not sparkle as brightly, but they shimmered and seemed to flow under the stars. Cleo mentions her decision to return back to gatekeeping the next day, saying that her other selves can take care of the gate.

Of course they would. They're her. But if they're her, then one day she would cease to be her, and...

This complicated thought process is interrupted when he is gently tugged over by the hand and led by Cleo through a specific path. Small white birds sit perched upon a white porcelain birdbath, somehow managing to show emotion upon seeing Cleo return, where one of them even seemingly conciously lands upon her shoulder and lets out a pleasant thrill.

“Remember how I told you my father was a carpenter? Well, 800 years is a long time to hone your crafts." She says simply. Impressive.

"He'll always be with you, especially since he passed down his gift straight to you." Fenwick replies, wondering exactly what his parents gifted him with.

There is the typical things you see in big mansions. Big dining area, huge kitchen, A wonderful study, a library (A library!!!!), a master bedroom, a studio (A studio?), two guestrooms. The guestrooms didn't seem any smaller either.

The last room consists of various portraits and other artsy material. There is a portrait hung on the wall and as Cleo crosses over to it, he realises who it is.

"Your... brother?" He says slowly, as he feels intense sadness and infinite longing.

And it is not only for her brother now. He is suddenly flooded by memories of his parents, of the time when he was young, before he was travelling. He wanted his parents back, wanted it the way it was before... before...

He falls to his knees as tears start welling up within him, but simply lets it out as he allows the emotions to overwhelm him.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 02:03:07 PM »
Sembas's eyes flutter open as a ray of sun wakes him.  He shields his eyes with a hand as he sits up.  His hair falls loosely on his shoulders, dotted with purple lavendar petals.  Blinking away sleep, he notices Faile and Besnik perched above him.

He gives a tired shrug and waves back at them, smiling sheepishly at Faile.  Sometimes the bond can be a bit too telling for his liking...  After a knowing look, she points towards the waterfall.  With a nod and a wink he makes his way to the water.

Seeing Archer's form in the waterfall's pool is like stumbling upon some sort of Goddess fallen from heaven.

The water soothes his muscles.  It's touch on his skin washes away the rest of the world.

Her arms around him seals off their seclusion.

The kiss on his lips sends memories of the night's embraces tingling through his skin. 

Her massaging hands rub the memories deeper into his body and sends his heart beating faster.

She mentions their sparring match once they get back to the city.

"Why wait until we arrive at the city?  I think a little wrestling is in order..."

The walk back to Avalon seemed longer than he remembered.  Or maybe his legs were just tired from... ehem... wrestling.  The shining gold of the city was strangely a welcome sight.  He didn't think he would ever have enjoyed a place like this.  But the longer he stays, the more he doesn't want to leave.

Offline Depheir Kogthar

• Scout
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 04:00:42 AM »
“Come on, Adia! Just a few more minor alterations and I think I can figure out how to teach potted plants to fly.”

"Oh my..." Depheir thought and made a gesture, like he wanted to cover his face with his palm.

“I can, too.", Adia replied drily. "It’s called throwing them. The only reason I even let you entertain that ridiculous experiment was because you told me it would help you with Depheir’s spell.”

"Exactly." Depheir thought again. That "experiment" began to irritate him already. Made a simple gesture and casted his Telekinesis spell on the plants, making them hover few feet above the ground. However, a moment later, he put them where they were.

“Ugh…” groaned Dethys. “I’ve been at that blasted spell all day… It’s just not working! Do you have any idea how difficult it’s going to mask Depheir’s intentions? Severan and that bastard Cauter can see through just about everything. They could scent my alterations a mile away.”

“I’d be more concerned about Fortuna,” muttered Blood. “That witch has always had your number.”

Dethys paled considerably at the mention of this new name. “I would appreciate it if you would never mention that name again. That woman is the most evil, vile, malicious creature to ever walk the earth.” He quickly changed the subject. “Anyway… I’m trying… I just don’t know if it can be done.”

"So, he stopped this experiment just because he doesn't know if it can be done? I think he needs some assistance." Depheir thought.

“Adia is right, dear,” agreed Dethys’s wife, Carina. She was holding their young son, Laertan, and looked up at Dethys with hopeful eyes. “If anyone can manage it, it’s you, Dethys. I know you can. You simply have to apply yourself more.”

Dethys wrapped his arm around his loving wife’s shoulders and looked down upon her with adoration in his eyes. “Well, my dear… if you think so, then it must be true.” Dethys tenderly kissed his wife.

Depheir and Blood ignored them and she changed the subject. She spotted Lieutenant Fierce in the crowd and pointed him out to Depheir. “There is Lieutenant Fierce. He was speaking with the General when you arrived at the Bulwark Headquarters earlier. See all those women? There are twelve of them. They’re Fierce’s daughters. He has a soft spot for mortal women and has been married several times. The gray-haired one is his eldest, Emina, and that girl in her late teens is his youngest, Aella.”

“Fierce is one hell of a warrior,” spoke Blood. “When he was a mortal, he was known as Cedric Alexei. He was the king of all the barbarian tribes in North Vighardur. His personal army was comprised of berserkers, men who were driven to frenzy in battle. The Fierce Legion, his company, fights in much the same way.”

She then turned to Depheir. “So… Are you enjoying Avalon so far, Depheir?"

"Huh... yes, but I feel that I won't stay here for long. Every day I stay here raises chance that Forsaken will notice me as spy.", Depheir told to Adia, then turned his head on Dethys."I feel that you need some assistance. May I help you with that spell?"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:01:15 AM by Faidth »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 10:00:11 AM »
@Rethagos:

When you utilize your telekinesis to make the plants fly, Dethys rolls his eyes. “Please! That’s child’s play! Anyone can do a simple telekinesis spell! I’ve been doing that bit hundreds of years before you were even a glint in your father’s eye!” To illustrate this, Dethys gives a dismissive wave of his hand and causes a nearby mansion to levitate several dozen feet off of the ground.

“There’s a difference between just making things fly and TEACHING them to fly. Honestly! You young ones are going to give me grays!”

Dethys raises an eyebrow when you offer your services to aid with the spell. “That would be a bit counterproductive, lad. If you aid me in constructing the spell, your fingerprints will be all over it. Ever caster has a unique imprint. Some of us Elder Ageless can mask that imprint so others cannot perceive it.”

“ For example, if I cast a spell in the middle of this party, and not attempt to hide my identity, all other casters in the vicinity would likely know that it was me. I happen to have a very recognizable imprint.”

“So, the long and short of it is, you’re a Childer Immortalis. If your thumbprint is on this spell, if you actively aid in forming the magic behind this spell, they’ll be able to see your imprint. There are certain Forsaken, terrible, nasty ones that can actually track a mage via their imprint. You, lad, are too inexperienced to hide yours.”

“So, while I appreciate your offer, and would be more than willing to listen to any suggestions you can make, the actual construction of the spell must be done by me. Until I find a way to make this spell flawless, you must just be patient and keep your knickers out of your nooks.”

The rest of the night progresses quite rapidly, and you stay for awhile to enjoy the festivities. Eventually, your mentor departs with his wife and child, leaving you and Blood to linger awhile longer. At some point in the evening, Blood walks you back to Dethys’s home where Serenity, one of Dethys’s apprentices, shows you to the room you will be staying in.

It is an exquisite room with a tall, canopy bed, handcrafted bookshelves  and a small table with a vase of fresh flowers. There is a large tapestry on the wall with some unusual, intricately woven design depicting a rune that you are unfamiliar with. The room is quiet and cozy, and allows you some much needed sleep.

The next day will be quite busy for you.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 10:21:13 AM »
@Fenwick:

Cleo protectively wraps her arms around you in your moment of weakness. Cleo is keenly aware of the pain that you are feeling right now and presses her fingers to your temples. You can see a thin veil of white light wash over you and as it envelopes your form, you find yourself feeling considerably more at peace. Where there was once sadness and longing, your mind’s eye offers you a glimpse into your past.

You are at a small table in the humble abode that you recognize as your childhood home. Your mother is at the fireplace preparing something that smells exquisite, and you are watching her as you both wait for your father’s return. Your mother looks up and smiles at you, and you are reminded of her beauty and grace.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps outside the door and you leap to your feet to welcome your father home. He steps through the door and you can see two rabbits in his hand. His hunt was successful and there will be juicy bits of rabbit in the stew tonight.

Your mother, the lovely Arabella wraps her arms around her husband, Letholdus in a warm embrace, and he kisses your mother gently upon the lips in reply. You are reminded of the deep, all-encompassing love that was shared by your parents, and perhaps this thought brings you some peace.

Your father scoops you up into his arms and you giggle and laughs as he tickles your stomach and twirls you around in the air before setting you down upon the table.

“Fenwick, I have a favor to ask of you,” says your father quietly. “After I hunted these rabbits, I noticed their hole nearby. Something moved within it and as I approached, it did not attempt to flee.”

Your father reaches into the small pouch upon his belt and removes something small and furry. He places the tiny creature in your hand and you see that it is a baby rabbit.

“It’s still too young to fend for itself and I thought you might be able to take care of him for me. His parents gave their lives to make ours a bit more fit, and I think it’s our duty to see that this little fellow is taken care of. Could you do that for me, Fenwick? Will you take good care of him?”

In your mind’s eye, you can see your miniature nod as he cradles the little rabbit to his chest. Your father ruffles your hair with his outstretched hand and you realize that the current Fenwick, the one sobbing pitifully upon Cleo’s floor, is comforted by this memory.

Cleo uses her slender hand to wipe the tears from your eyes and helps you to your feet.

Cleo’s voice is soft and comforting. “As distant as they may seem, they are always with us. It is our duty to honor their memories through our actions and find comfort in the fact that, though it may be far off, we will one day see them again.”

Cleo takes you by the hand and leads you to the master bedroom. She holds you close to her and you sleep soundly in her arms.

The next day, you are both awakened by the sound of a doorbell, and despite the ardors you are about to endure, you feel quite well-rested.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 10:25:20 AM »
@Faran:

The following day, Faran wakes up to the smell of sizzling bacon and warm biscuits, fresh from the oven. He’s not 100% sure where he is, or how he got there, but remembers actually enjoying himself the night before during the Ageless festivities.

As he sits up, he finds himself abruptly met by an immense, metal cleaver. Though his first instinct might be to prepare some type of defense, he realizes the cleaver is not getting any closer and seems perfectly content to remain in the doorway where it is clutched in the hand of its owner.

“You are awake! I thought you might sleep the whole day away. Come on! Up you go!” Jonas Philosophy lumbers towards you. He reaches down and tips over the entire bed with one hand, sending you towards the ground. You land lithely upon your feet and he replaces the bed before gesturing for you to follow him to his kitchen.

“You were quite tired last night. Practically fell asleep upon your feet. Apparently you have not yet adjusted to many of the unique forms of endurance that our people enjoy. I love it! Sometimes, I will just cook for days and nights without any sleep! Baking, filleting and grilling from sunrise to sunset. I get lost in the cooking. I like it that way. Allows me to focus… and hone my crafts.”

“Now, EAT! Then I will give you the grand tour!”

Whether you are hungry or not, you doubt that this man would ever allow you to even politely decline his food. You watch as he dices some fresh vegetables with nearly impossible speed that he is a man who certainly knows how to put that cleaver to good use; it would be most unwise to refuse his hospitality.

After feasting upon a considerable spread of eggs, breakfast meats, biscuits, fruits and vegetables, and some warm, brown liquid that tastes like liquid chocolate and topped with fresh cream, Jonas indicates he would like to show you around his home.

You find that the kitchen accounts for a great portion of Philosophy’s home. In most places, the living room would be the largest place in the house, but every other room is simply dwarfed by the size of his kitchen. This seems to make sense as this is likely the room that he spends the most time in.

His dining room, too, is exceptionally impressive. The walls are painted red and decorated with large lengths of bamboo and tribal weapons. There is a carpet upon the ground that appears to be the skin of some incredibly large beast you’ve never even heard of before. Upon it is a very long table, but it appears unusual as it is not even two feet off of the ground. Around this table are large, plush red pillows, trimmed with gold, that look perfect for sitting upon.

“You like, no? It took me many years to put this place together.”

As Jonas speaks, you realize he has an unusual accent. This, coupled with the unique décor present in his abode, tell you that wherever he hails from is nowhere you’ve ever set eyes upon.

Jonas scarcely finishes showing you his home when there is a heavy knock upon the front door. Philosophy grins broadly.

“Ah! It seems we have company! I do enjoy good company!” He laughs jovially and his enormous belly shakes in response.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 10:45:11 AM »
@Sembas:

As you make your way back to the central section of Avalon, Archer rubs her chin thoughtfully. “Hmm… Perhaps we should collect your companions. I would venture to guess that they could certainly do with some practice themselves.”

Fenwick and Depheir are relatively easy to find as the former has bedded down with his new amour and the latter has remained in the company of your collective mentor, Dethys Night. Faran, however, is not so easily found. After asking around, Archer learns from Calming that an exhausted Faran was taken to the home of the massive chef, and butcher of both fine meats and Forsaken, Jonas Philosophy. 

Once your party has assembled, Archer leads you to the sparring circle on the north side of town. This is a rather peculiar area as it consists of a stretch of earth that is surrounded by a large wooden fence. This, in itself, is not so strange, but as you draw closer, you realize that the entire section is covered in protective barriers and runic wards as not to allow the combatants to disturb the other Ageless in the area, nor to inflict any wounds on unsuspecting passersby.

Archer had sent Besnik and Faile to collect a few onlookers for these bouts, mostly Elder Ageless who might be able to aid you by offering pointers. When you arrive, you find Corvus, Dennan and Bran leaning upon the fence posts and patiently waiting for all of you. Jonas has accompanied Faran to this place, and Dethys, Blood, Serenity, and Constancy have followed Depheir. Muse, too, responded to the summons, and Hestia has been called to tend to anyone who might be wounded during the event.

Hestia holds in her hands a certain book, from which a familiar form extends. She and Cardack exchange sheepish glances and Fenwick knows that he will have to find some time, perhaps after the sparring, to quiz Cardack on exactly what happened between the two last night and whether they had managed to make amends.   

“Alright, Sembas,” speaks Archer. “Time to test your mettle. Shall we?” She leads you into the sparring ring and Dennan signals for both of you to take your positions.

Archer puts her bow in hand as Besnik lands softly upon her shoulder. She looks up at you with a smile as she assumes a defensive stance.

She gestures for you to begin you first attack. “Well. Show me what you’ve got.”
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:56:24 PM by Faidth »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »
Faile circles the ring and lands on the wooden wall behind Sembas.  Her talons grip the planks tightly as she leans foward, focused on Archer and Besnik.

Sembas is donning his armor and cloak once more, having changed once they returned to Archer's house.  It was a bit tight from having dried out, but still as flexible as he liked it.  His new spear was slung on his back and his new hunting knife was strapped to his hip.  Archer's enchanted arrows were left at her house.  He had a few of his own arrows in his old quiver and his shortbow for now.

"I must admit, I did not expect to be sparring with you, Archer.  Not that I doubt your constitution, mind you."  He performs a deep bow towards her.  "May our muscles never grow weary, and our bruises heal quickly."

He leans his quiver and bow against the ring, noting their position for later.  His new spear is unstrapped and he runs his fingers down the shaft, getting used to the weapon.  Lazily, he turns the weapon between his hands and fingers, spinning it in slow circles.  He leans it against his shoulder as he pulls his hunter's knife out of the sheath and weighs it in his hand.

It is quickly jammed back into the sheath as he grins.  "Sorry, they're new.  Had to get used to the weight..."

Faile sits calmly on the top of the fence, her excitement seems to have waned. 

Sembas begins to spin the spear in his hands.  Soon its form is blurred, looking like a propeller of an airplane its turning so fast.  It comes to an immediate halt pointing straight at Archer as he holds it in both hands.

He closes the distance between them quickly.  The spear quickly spins one revolution before being thrust at Archer's midsection, but the tip would never reach her.  Sembas quickly pulls his spear back and spins the butt around to catch Archer on the shoulder.  He anticipated her dodging the initial thrust and he was hoping to catch her off guard.  The blow from the butt of his spear isn't a strong one, but it is enough to leave a good bruise if it isn't dodged or deflected.

Regardless of if his attack hits, he prepares to flip backwards from Archer or Besnik's counterattack, ready to put his great Athletics and Dodge skills to use. 

Faile grumbles audibly on the sidelines.  It seems that Sembas chose to go without her for the time being.  He was used to sparring without magic and never against women, especially ones he likes...

"You better not hold back, she'll toast you before you know it..."  Faile warns in Sembas's mind.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:03:25 PM by Kitharsis »