Battle Related Forums > Battle Related Topics

The Board Battle wiki

<< < (3/12) > >>

Cameron:

--- Quote from: Soul Reaver on September 10, 2010, 07:04:58 PM ---Clutch, you don't have to contribute.  Furthermore, you don't have to do anything now.  I personally don't think it matters terribly much if people post up partially (or wholly) incorrect info on a wiki, as long as someone at some point finds and fixes any errors in it.  That's why wikis are good.

Furthermore, I don't think it's reasonable to have to get admin approval for every post relating to the epic BB setting or history.  If you end up not liking it, then feel free to change it at a later date - no harm done.

That said, if someone isn't sure about something, they probably should refrain from typing up a huge article about it.

--- End quote ---

Woah, woah woah. First of all, I never said I didn't WANT to contribute. I just said I don't have time at this juncture. I don't think it's a bad thing.

Second of all, Allow me to clarify. I don't need Administrator approval for Battle Setting or History posts. What I need, is Admin approval for CHARACTER posts. And what I mean by that, is that if someone posts a NEW character on the wiki that hasn't been approved for use in a Board Battle over here, it is a strict violation of the Board Battle rules. If someone wants to make an article about a current character (which would have been approved already) or a past character (which was made before the approval process existed) then that's perfectly fine.

Soul Reaver:

--- Quote from: Cameron Aileron on September 10, 2010, 09:13:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Soul Reaver on September 10, 2010, 07:04:58 PM ---Clutch, you don't have to contribute.  Furthermore, you don't have to do anything now.  I personally don't think it matters terribly much if people post up partially (or wholly) incorrect info on a wiki, as long as someone at some point finds and fixes any errors in it.  That's why wikis are good.

Furthermore, I don't think it's reasonable to have to get admin approval for every post relating to the epic BB setting or history.  If you end up not liking it, then feel free to change it at a later date - no harm done.

That said, if someone isn't sure about something, they probably should refrain from typing up a huge article about it.

--- End quote ---

Woah, woah woah. First of all, I never said I didn't WANT to contribute. I just said I don't have time at this juncture. I don't think it's a bad thing.

Second of all, Allow me to clarify. I don't need Administrator approval for Battle Setting or History posts. What I need, is Admin approval for CHARACTER posts. And what I mean by that, is that if someone posts a NEW character on the wiki that hasn't been approved for use in a Board Battle over here, it is a strict violation of the Board Battle rules. If someone wants to make an article about a current character (which would have been approved already) or a past character (which was made before the approval process existed) then that's perfectly fine.

--- End quote ---

Ah, ok.  I misunderstood.  I fully agree that peple shouldn't post new character concepts and things on there - only stuff that's 'canon', so to speak.

Danyael:
What would be considered canon, considering how there's so many rewrites of characters and the like?

Faidth:
I would think "canon" would be defined as anything specifically related to the setting, or as previously mentioned, characters who have taken part, or are currently involved in any of the BBs. I would assume that if you are posting one of your characters, you might include a section regarding any revisions or any form of evolution that your characters has undergone through their tenure.

Characters that have not been approved for use in any of the BBs, or who have not taken part in the BBs, would be excluded from the wiki. At least that is my understanding. Is this correct, Clutch?

Veldanya Venalla:
Yes that's correct Faidth.  Only past characters (was involved in a previous board battle and retired at some point) or currently active (and thus admin approved) characters are authorized to be posted on the wiki.  Pretty much to make it easy...the wiki rules are the same as the Administorum rules.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version