Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII  (Read 31296 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 12:50:00 AM »
One Query, how will the time_slowdown effect contacting someone or something outside of the bubble?  I'm assuming it will be delayed until the 30 minutes is up.

Correct. 30 minutes inside of the bubble is 5 minutes outside of it. So anything happening outside of the bubble right now will be delayed until the bubble collapses.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »
Just a quick reminder that anyone who hasn't posted by tomorrow night will be god-modded to move the story along. Please make sure you get your posts up before then.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 05:57:36 PM »
Just a heads up. I am in Virginia until Thursday night. This was not supposed to interfere with my ability to post tonight, but I unfortunately left my laptop at home, and I'm not making the 6 hour drive to retrieve it. Therefore, my post will be delayed until Thursday night. Anyone who has yet to post has until Thursday night to get their post up. Thanks for understanding.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 04:19:57 AM »
Okay, yeah. Posting on Thursday night after a 6 hour drive... No. Shouldn't have even promised that. Got home way too late and my brain was mush. Haven't had a chance to post since then. But I have off tomorrow, so a post is forthcoming.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »
Take your time man...would rather have a nice well-thought post then some mish-mash you tossed together just to get it out of the way :)
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2011, 02:24:15 AM »
Got started a lot later then I wanted to. Have the post half written, but it's 2am and I have to be up by 6. I'll finish the post tomorrow, if not during work then as soon as I get off.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 05:12:12 PM »
Got started a lot later then I wanted to. Have the post half written, but it's 2am and I have to be up by 6. I'll finish the post tomorrow, if not during work then as soon as I get off.

So..... was there anything you wanted us to do to help you get off?

For the record: I'm not wearing that fursuit.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
For the last and final time:

It is a rules violation to address personal problems with the current Battle Master in the OOC thread. The OOC thread is for discussing things that are occurring within the current battle. If you have a problem with the current battle (ie: the current pacing, the Battle Master, ect.) TAKE IT UP WITH THE BATTLE MASTER VIA A PM.

From this point forward, any complaints directed to the Battle Master in this or ANY OTHER OOC thread (for any battle, this also applies to Misthaven and The Legion Immortals as well as all future Board Battles) will be deleted with no explanation. All Inquisitors will be enforcing this rule starting immediately.

If you have a problem with this, please take it up with me. VIA A PM. Any comments in this thread regarding this post will be considered off topic and deleted.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:57:23 PM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »
Okay, my new post is up. We are in combat.

Here's how this will work... this battle is fully god-moddable. So feel free to describe yourself ripping through generic Chaos marines to your heart's content. However, please do not state that you kill all the Chaos marines with one move or anything like that. And just stick with marines for now. The bigger enemies will come shortly.

Please direct all questions to the Battle Master.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2011, 02:04:03 AM »
Ok, that post was awfully long, I think I got carried away.

Short version:
- Soul Reaver gets into the battle and takes cover behind a Rhino transport.

- He casts Protection from Missiles - this will harmlessly deflect most projectiles, and severely weaken any that do make it through.

- He then casts a customised spell called Shadow Lightning Storm - it basically sends out multiple powerful lightning bolts.  Each of these bolts, once unleashed, is capable of leaping from target to target under Soul Reaver's mental control.  He aims this at a nearby area of heavily entrenched Chaos marines that have been pinning down the friendly marines.  It kills about 50-60 of them in a short amount of time.

- Soul Reaver's antics attract a lot of retaliatory fire, so he is forced to duck behind cover again, but by now there's a big hole in the enemy rear line at his location.  He's hoping the friendly marines will capitalize on this opportunity and push through.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »
Sorry if my post sounds a lil confusing.  Using phone to post and can't seem to find the comma (nm....I literally just found out where its hidden....damn it all) but anyways to sum it up...jharm is preferring to leave wholesale slaughter up to his companions and go almost entirely with either impairing the capabilities of the enemy and bolstering/healing the marines...I decided in my edit though to remove his shield so all his power is going into his chants (aka his baaattlecry) and his healing spells so yes...he is kind of defenseless and almost painting a bullsye on himself but hey he is the Seraphim...the welfare of others is more important to him :)
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
Just a friendly reminder that anyone who has not posted by Friday will be god-modded. Three god-mods in a row with no explanation will be considered Battle abandonment and your character will be removed from the story in a non-violent manner.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 10:27:29 AM »
I will probably post for Faidth tomorrow or Thursday. I generally like to wait until the other PCs have acted before I submit mine.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »
I will probably post for Faidth tomorrow or Thursday. I generally like to wait until the other PCs have acted before I submit mine.

As the Battle Master of this thread, you do not answer to me. You may post whenever you want and I will not god-mod you.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2011, 04:07:18 PM »
Wanted to at least get something posted before my character was ejected. I'll edit/add to this post later tonight. Possibly before midnight.

Try not to read too much into Danyael's attack yet. But for clarity, Danyael used a part of the Somnus to protect Kith. His suddenly being next to Soul Reaver is also a use of his geokinetic abilities, as it has been demonstrated on several occasions how he instantly connects with whatever world he is on.

Oh and I'd like to congratulate Jorumn Fargazer on finally being accepted in the Epic Battle Characters Roster.

Edit (12:21 am):
Went into a bit more explanation of what Danyael was doing, though had second thoughts on extending the explanation of the attack. Stretched the use of the Somnus' protection over Soul Reaver as well primarily for character development between the two characters.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:21:14 AM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2011, 03:31:33 AM »
Okay, Just a heads up. Due to us not having power for 12 hours earlier and just having an extremely hectic day, Faidth has requested that we push our post back a day. We will have the next plot advancing post for Epic up tomorrow. We will also take that time to god-mod anyone who hasn't posted yet. (*cough* Sepher *cough*) I actually meant to post this a lot sooner, but I fell asleep due to only getting 2 hours of sleep last night on a crappy couch with no AC, and I should really be getting back to bed.

Sorry for the delay. We will not be making a habit of this as long as the sky doesn't start making a habit of turning green and dropping hail on us.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2011, 09:23:47 AM »
That was scary! :(

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2011, 11:22:29 AM »
Oh and I'd like to congratulate Jorumn Fargazer on finally being accepted in the Epic Battle Characters Roster.
I'm pretty excited about it myself. XD

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2011, 11:39:54 PM »
THis will basically be the same as the previous post as far as claiming your attacks. Feel free to dispose of these Bloodthirsters as you see fit. Keep in mind though, that these things are huge and should at least put up a little bit of a fight. Also, please only claim that you kill YOUR Bloodthirster. No massive spells wiping multiples of them out in one go, please.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2011, 09:39:18 PM »
The following things happened in my post:

- Faidth now has a Protection from Missiles spell on her, much like Soul Reaver's own one.  It won't be as strong though, since Soul Reaver isn't maintaining it as actively.  Still, it will considerably reduce the amount of fire that manages to reach her, and reduce the damage of anything that does.  It's totally useless against melee attacks though.  It normally has a moderate duration, but it might be shorter in Faidth's case.  Faidth can decide when it ends, though without some other action, it probably shouldn't last much longer than Soul Reaver's own one.
- Soul Reaver killed his Bloodthirster, suffering a few wounds in the process.

By the way Danyael, I decided to post for the Somnus swords that Danyael summoned around Soul Reaver - hope you don't mind.  I know they're directly under Danyael's control, but I didn't see exactly how it would work if you had to post for them and similarly I didn't think they'd just sit there and do nothing while Soul Reaver fights the Bloodthirster.  But let me know if it's an issue and I'll edit.