Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: dota 2 beta  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
dota 2 beta
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:50:30 PM »
Anyone have it and played it? I'm practically killing myself trying to hunt down an offer for it, but unfortunately I don't have much to offer, though I'm offering everything I physically can via steam.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had the beta and what their opinions of it were. One of my friends who has it is enjoying it, which is aggravating me all the more because I'm the longest standing MMOBA player of my friend circle, and me being unable to get into the beta is wearing on my nerves to no end.

So if anyone's got it, give me your review of it, and your thoughts on whether or not my frantic hunting is actually worth it.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
Re: dota 2 beta
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »
I have it and gave 2 gift invatations to my mates.

If i have to make a short review i can say it defenetly captures the spirit of dota by not chaning alot of elements that are gameplay related (excluding the obvious changes, that effect the gameplay, coming with the new platform interface, graphics etc.). My machine is rather weak and Dota 2 doesnt allow you to change the texture details. The only useful thing to modify is resolution. Also the level of the playesr (not sure how exactly the search engine works) is very low and you cant play with all your mates (you dont know how many people begged me for the gift invitations). But still the game is great and i am looking forward to getting it later on.

P.S.

Sorry for any grannar errors i am playing a dota game right now and i am not gona bother to spell chekc it :p
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »
you lucky bugger. That's all I've really got to say.

Though I'm glad it's fun from everything I can hear. Sorry your computer's not up to snuff though.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »
Even if my PC was good enough to not hinder my gameplay i would still play the normal dota since most of my friends can’t play dota 2 with me and that kind of kills it for me. I can play alone but it’s not the same, plus if they play with me i can blame them for everything! Best perk ever!
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 12:31:41 PM »
heh. Wish I had a good group of friends with WC3 to play DotA with. I've got a LoL group, but not all of them have WC3 to play DotA

Still, wish I had DotA 2, would be amazing.