Battle Related Forums > Character Discussion

Kitharsis and the OGHRUN

(1/2) > >>

Soul Reaver:
Now, I feel like I'm being a bit pedantic in bringing this up, but it's sort of been bothering me...

I've noticed something in Kith's backstory that doesn't really make sense - specifically, his peoples' war with the OGHRUN.

The OGHRUN's homeworld is called Relenia (if I recall correctly), but Kitharsis is from Legund.  Kith's backstory states that the OGHRUN came to Legund and then a war broke out when the OGHRUN discovered that the Jataka were magical beings.

The problem is, the OGHRUN actually would have had no means of getting to Legund, even if the two planets are in the same Plane.

There are basically two ways that they could have come to Legund: either through some sort of faster-than-light space travel, or through Warp travel.

Technologically speaking, the OGHRUN are perhaps at the same level as ancient Rome would have been... so not nearly advanced enough for space travel of any kind.

Warp travel can be performed two different ways: either with powerful sorcery or using advanced technology.  But as stated, the OGHRUN don't possess very advanced technology.  And they despise all magic.  In fact, opening a magical Warp Gate wouldn't even be possible inside or anywhere near the OGHRUN's only city, since the Vortex Gem there would have prevented any such act... and that city is the only place the OGHRUN live on Relenia (though they do raid other species on Relenia at times, they don't tend to settle down outside of the protection of the Gem)

So, anyone got any thoughts on this?

Veldanya Venalla:
well just spitballing but any chance he just made a mistake and like made up the name without realizing there is a race out there that go by that name?  Dunno how knowledgeable he is on WH40k offhand *shrug* 

Cameron:
The OGHRUN have nothing to do with 40K.

Soul Reaver:

--- Quote from: Jharm on March 30, 2010, 10:05:16 PM ---well just spitballing but any chance he just made a mistake and like made up the name without realizing there is a race out there that go by that name?  Dunno how knowledgeable he is on WH40k offhand *shrug*

--- End quote ---

The OGHRUN were a race that I made up for The Weaver of Destiny, and they're not based on WH40k (or anything else for that matter)... though they somewhat similar to Ogres in appearance.  The reason they're part of Kith's backstory is because Kith first appeared in the BBs when the Companions were trapped in the OGHRUN colloseum - he was one of the magic-users imprisoned there.

Kith's backstory explains how he got there, but it sort of doesn't gel with the backstory of the OGHRUN that I made up.

Veldanya Venalla:
whoops my mistake....got spelling mixed up lol.....was thinking the Ogryn from Dawn of War....not Oghrun....ignore my crazy speak :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version