Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Board Battle wiki  (Read 27139 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: The Board Battle wiki
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 10:46:30 PM »
Why am I the only person who has put anything on this wiki?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 11:38:43 PM »
I've barely had time to post in the Eye of Terror thread. Until I get that under control, do not expect any contributions from me.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 10:07:24 AM »
I would post something....But I really don't know anything aside from my character, who I can't implement until Clutch puts up the skeleton for the Epic Battle chars, so he's technically not even real yet.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 11:17:14 PM »
When are people going to start writing articles for their own characters? When I see others contributing to that section of the wikia, then I'll start on other articles as well. I figure I would write an article about the Imperium Sanctus, but I was also wondering if I can help with the content of the various realms the companions have visited. If not, I'll just stick to my own stuff so it's all good one way or the other.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 11:48:30 PM »
I would post something....But I really don't know anything aside from my character, who I can't implement until Clutch puts up the skeleton for the Epic Battle chars, so he's technically not even real yet.

Good idea Shadow Chorus, until a character is approved (regardless of what BB it is to be used for) it can not be posted to the wiki.  Danyael if you have stuff to post on the wiki then please do it, waiting "for other people to post to help them" will leave us all sitting twiddling our thumbs.  You have stuff to put up then please by all means put it up :)
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 06:04:01 AM »
When are people going to start writing articles for their own characters? When I see others contributing to that section of the wikia, then I'll start on other articles as well. I figure I would write an article about the Imperium Sanctus, but I was also wondering if I can help with the content of the various realms the companions have visited. If not, I'll just stick to my own stuff so it's all good one way or the other.

I'd recommend checking my entry for The Mortal Plane.  It's essentially 'complete', and I wrote it with the intent of creating a good format template to use for posting about other Planes (even if the Plane being written about is very different form the Mortal Plane).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:26:39 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 04:24:36 AM »
Argh, it looks like Wikia are changing their 'look'!

It looks like some sort of metrosexual facebook ripoff now.  It's hideous compared to what it used to look like, and it was pretty ugly to start with.

What to do?!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 08:48:40 AM »
Well, for starters, we could change the colors to something less boring.  8)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »

done

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 03:52:47 PM »

done

That's certainly an improvement.  Wish we still had our sidebar though.  That drop-down menu at the top is pretty stupid.

I wonder what possessed them to completely discontinue the Monaco skin?  Why not just leave it in as an option for those that want it?  Is it really that hard to keep it available?

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 05:24:12 PM »
well it works pretty much the same as the sidebar except its now a topbar *shrug*

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »
well it works pretty much the same as the sidebar except its now a topbar *shrug*

Topbars! *shakes fist*

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 12:21:07 AM »
Holy crap, I forgot this was even a thing. We really need to flesh this out. It was definitely one of the cooler ideas from 2010.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »
I just added Gulgrim to the wiki's list of Active Epic characters, because we can't leave the Warboss out of it.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 01:37:29 PM »
Holy crap, I forgot this was even a thing. We really need to flesh this out. It was definitely one of the cooler ideas from 2010.

Really? I kinda abandoned it since there didnt seem to be any real interest in it lol.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
Really? I kinda abandoned it since there didnt seem to be any real interest in it lol.

Let's unabandon it.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2014, 02:10:42 PM »
Ok, well I will work on it when I can then.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
Now, with that being said, I think feedback is needed.  Right now the two main pages are of course a list of characters (both active, inactive, and major NPC's) for the Epic Board Battle, as well as locales that have been encountered during the stories.  At present none of the "non Epic" board battles are mentioned presently.  Do we want to keep it that way (as over time that could get quite difficult to try and keep up to date as the side BB's go inactive/cancelled and then come back (Legion, Calling, and Shadowstorm...though Shadow never made it past character gen).  Outside of that, what does everyone feel needs included outside of those two main pages for the Epic BB?  Do we want to have characters getting their "own" pages where backstory and whatnot is posted or not, since such info is available on here, and could possibly lead to misinformation if "changes" are made to a character on the wiki but are not properly handled on here?

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »
I feel like a wiki-style character page allows for a bit more depth than a character sheet does. You can separate important details into separate paragraphs/segments and if you've got artwork of your character made by one of the handful of skilled artists we have here, or even by somebody else, then you can have that to accentuate some of it.

For instance, I go on about gulgrim's abilities for about a paragraph each, but I could put a bit less 'this is exposition of his powers, this is what this power does' and a bit more 'some background of these powers and how Gulgrim tends to use them in a regular situation' in a wiki page than a character sheet.

I wouldn't say information on a wiki page would necessarily be misinformation unless vital things were changed, like the roster of powers that character has. A character sheet is mostly just the crunch of the character, the vital bits that the Game master needs to know. A wiki page can be much more general, including history and strategy and other general details that are up to the character's creator.

You might know from Gulgrim's character sheet that he has a cybernetic third arm attached to his armor, but you probably wouldn't get much more. From a wiki page you might learn that Gulgrim likes to arm wrestle people with that third arm just to show that he's so Big an' Strong he doesn't even need to use his own arms to krump gits.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 07:34:01 PM »
People can be as elaborae as they want with their character descriptions on the wiki. But the character sheet is what's used in battle. So if someone has a power on their character's wiki page, but it 's not on their character sheet, then that's not allowed. The owner of the character can put whatever they want about the character in the wiki article, but they can only USE what's actually on the character sheet. Fair?