Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: The Labyrinthine Depths of Chaos (Part II)  (Read 66491 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: The Eye of Terror: The Labyrinthine Depths of Chaos (Part II)
« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2014, 01:51:11 AM »
"Heh! Guess dat means I win our race den!" Gulgrim shouts, his voice actually carrying over the engine itself. There was an unreal tang to it, as if his words were simultaneously being sent verbally and mentally. "Da name's Gulgrim Bonecruncha, an' I'z in dis fer da gud fight. You gitz find da best enemies ta krump, an' I'z ain't gonna turn down dat kinda arrangement. So den, lead on, Serry-fim."

Gulgrim turned his gaze back forward and flipped a safety latch on one of the handlebars of his bike. Pressing a big red button with a flaming skull on it, the Jet engine of the Deffchoppa kicked into overdrive, spitting a burst of white-hot fire and boosting the bike even faster. With a bellowing "WAHOOOOOOO!" Gulgrim tore through the landscape, following the Angel's mental directions on the race towards Soul Reaver's location.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 01:53:52 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2014, 10:57:05 PM »
Soul Reaver stands completely motionless, his head lowered, raven hair falling over his face.  Pinpoints of crimson burn from behind the dark curtain and a strange, black aura rises from his body, shimmering like the false hope of a hot desert mirage.

The twisted recreation of Asaki's trial plays out before Soul Reaver's eyes, yet it is little more than an additional echo amongst those already filling his mind.  This was not what had happened, and yet truth lay amongst the lies.  He needed no more convincing.

When Peterson appears before Soul Reaver, he speaks softly.

"Are you just going to let them... get away with it? Like you let them get away with her?"

Soul Reaver still does not move as he speaks.

"No."

Then he looks up, and somehow, he stands directly in front of Peterson without having traversed the space in between them.  His sword is raised.  A tangible heat surrounds him and his face is twisted into something unrecognizable.  Fangs glint from between white lips.

"And where were you!?

Blooddrinker descends.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2014, 06:55:50 PM »
 As the fight had finished and Danyael's outburst had been put behind him, he could almost feel the gaze of the Angel on his back. He wondered if the being might feel that they had been too far corrupted at some point. But as the thought even crossed his mind, he felt a calm wave wash over him, the voices of the Daemons inside of him stilled. He breathed a sigh of relief.

He moved along the catwalks above the large warehouse floor, silently repairing any damage to his armor with his metal shaping. He held his spear out to the side and the metal almost seemed to melt and reform around his forearm as a long bracer. The metal was again at the ready to be formed into whatever he needed.

His eyes widen just slightly as the other group comes back into view, his companions and some new that he had never met. If Cameron were okay working with an ork war boss however, he would trust the man.

He waves in greeting to the others, but soon falls silent as he listens to the exchange between Kalana and Cameron, wondering what this place was doing to everyone. As  Cameron clamps his helmet on and begins to march away, Sepher matches stride and begins to move, Wondering what that horrible sound had been, coming from seemingly miles away. He could feel the power building there, and it was not good.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:12:14 AM by Sepher »

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2014, 09:51:11 PM »
"Don't tell me you two were going to start a race without me? That would be discourteous.." Fei's voice chimes calmly over the deafening rumbling of exhaust pipes  as if he were speaking right next to Jharm and Gulgrim's ear.   The shadows before Gulgrim's deffchoppa peel from the corridor and dance around like a satin sheet being pulled about. 

The blanket of shadows strips away revealing Fei's glowing green eyes and tenebrous form several paces ahead lazily jogging or more appropriately bounding backwards to match speed with Gulgrim's Choppa until Gulgrim's pace is neck and neck with him. The shadows bending around into his form and pulling away sharply as he passes by them.  Fei looks back over at Jharm riding upon Gulgrim's bike and lets out a small chuckle then back to Gulgrim.

"It looks like you caught a pigeon in your windshield, though. Eh, Jharm?"

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2015, 04:43:54 PM »
As Blooddrinker descends on Peterson, he speaks one last time.

"I was here. I've been here all along."

Blooddrinker cuts through Peterson and he fades away into dust, revealing that the blade has also torn through reality just behind where he was hovering. The tear expands violently, and within seconds a warp gate has torn open. The gate rips Soul Reaver into it, sending him tumbling headlong into the Warp with no clear destination.

As Cameron, Kalana, and the others rush towards Soul Reaver's position, a voice suddenly rings out behind them.

"Hello again, Cameron! I see you have more friends with you this time!"

Cameron and Kalana stop quickly and turn to face the source of the voice. Peterson is standing on one of the catwalks near where the Companions came from. Chains circle slowly around him. He laughs menacingly. Cameron's swords appear in his hands as he prepares himself to attack.

"Why are you here, Peterson? It was Chaos that did this to you. Why are you interfering with our attempts to destroy it?"

Peterson points a skeletal finger at Cameron.

"I'm here for you. I'm here to hurt you, and destroy the people you care about, and then kill you. But that comes later. Business before pleasure! I am merely performing a few tasks for a third party. And right now, my next task is to distract you."

Kalana narrows her eyes at the distant figure of Peterson. She feels something familiar. Cameron glances around, suddenly wary of a possible trap. Not seeing or feeling anything threatening. he turns his attention back to Peterson.

"So what are you distracting us from?"

Peterson laughs again.

"Oh, I'm not the distraction! He is."

As Fei, Jharm, and Gulgrim rocket ahead of the group, an explosion of force in front of them halts their progress. A massive warp gate springs open just ahead of them. The massive flux of power that seconds ago had been far in the distance is suddenly right in front of them, just through the gate.

Cameron and the others turn away from Peterson as the massive warp gate opens in the distance. As Cameron watches, a voice enters his mind.

"I could kill you right now. But I won't. I'll let Soul Reaver take his misguided rage out on you first. And if you somehow do survive that, then I'll come back to finish the job-"

The voice cuts out. Peterson shouts in pain and surprise as Kalana appears next to him and strikes him with a mighty, psychic-enhanced blow. He tips over the railing and falls halfway to the floor before catching himself in midair.

"Oh, hello!"

Cameron is about to leap forward but is distracted by a shout from Mary, who suddenly looks terrified.

"Kalana! No! Get back!"

Mary begins to run towards Peterson. Karyl quickly follows, and the other elementals follow them. Cameron once again starts forward and is stopped this time by a shout from Kalana.

"Cameron, stay back! It's Peterson! He's the one that's in your mind!"

Cameron stops dead in his tracks. His mind rolls back through his fight with Peterson. Peterson had blocked, countered, dodged, or just flat out ignored every attack that Cameron had thrown his way, and Cameron wasn't able to touch him once. If Mary hadn't arrived, he would have been killed. At the time, he had just chalked it up to Peterson being faster than him. But now he sees it in his mind's eye. The few times when he launched an attack at Peterson only to encounter him already moving, halfway through a counter to an attack that hadn't even happened yet. As if he could see into the future. As if he knew what Cameron was doing before he did it.

And finally, Cameron can feel a presence in the back of his mind. A dark, evil presence. He tries to expel it, but it vanishes again.

"How? HOW THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THAT?"

Peterson smiles, and waves his hand. A dark barrier springs from nowhere, cutting the Companions off from Kalana and the Elementals. They can no longer be seen or heard. Cameron throws himself at the barrier but is unable to get through it. Peterson's voice seeps into his mind again.

"I'll tell you later. For now, you should focus on the task at hand. I'll keep your friends entertained until you're done."

Cameron lashes out at the barrier once more, shouting in frustration. He then turns back to the rest of the Companions, and the warp gate in the distance beyond them. He sighs before clenching his swords tighter.

"There's nothing we can do here. We need to catch up with Fei, Jharm, and Gulgrim before... whatever is coming out of that gate attacks them."

[OOC]

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2015, 05:21:19 PM »
A melodic sound rings through the air at Fei's comment.

"Well played vampire."

Suddenly an explosion of sorts erupts a short distance in front of the three.  The ensuing wall of force launches the Seraphim back through the air, but he quickly halts himself, a gleaming sphere of light manifesting around him.  Radiating before him is a massive warp gate, dark power pulsing from within.  Jharm quickly realizes that the power he had felt back when the Companions had reunited....was resonating from within the gate.

"Light protect us...."
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »
As the warp gate opens before him, Gulgrim skids to a halt, turning the bike sideways and pulling it stopped as the wall of force careened into him, slowing his momentum until he was stationary before the portal. Emanating from it was an extraordinary source of strength. Gulgrim's face broke into a toothy grin that nearly took in his ears. He stepped off his bike, and in the moment nobody looked at it it disappeared. In its place, Gulgrim was carrying his trusty Kutlass in his right hand, his Twin-linked Shoota in his left as he stomped and roared in preparation for the fight.

"Come on den! If you'z in it fer da fight! Gulgrim's ready for ya!" He shouted at the warp gate, as if taunting it would make it disgorge its cargo faster. But deep in the Warboss's mind, the wheels of brutal kunnin' were at work. He could practically taste the power coming from that gate, and even he'd have a tough time dealing with it head on. As bad as it might sound to those who didn't know as much as he, Gulgrim knew he'd have to be clever in this fight. He couldn't afford to lay in wildly without risking everything his WAAAGH! had ever built. For once, the mighty warboss gripped his sword in a stance that actually looked trained and skilled, rather than wild and aggressive. Gulgrim would put his all into this fight, because if he didn't, he may very well fail gork and mork.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2015, 09:21:40 PM »
As the wave of force comes smashing against him with appearance of the Warp Gate, Fei leaps into the air and flips backwards, riding the wave of force away from the gate for a few feet before landing on his feet in a crouched position.

Standing up, the cloak of shadows dissipates into his now corporeal form. "Hmmm, A demonic presence is approaching.  That's not uncommon in the warp. This one seems particularly familiar. Perhaps one we've pissed off in times past? No matter.  I doubt they are coming for idle chat.  I'd suggest preparing for combat."

Small veins of abyssal essence pirouette around Fei's fingers as he stands patiently facing the Warp Gate. 

"I could use a challenge after our past encounters. I hope this isn't a let down." Fei smirks.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:26:08 PM by Fei »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
'Peterson' disappears into a pile of dust as Blooddrinker whistles through the air he had been occupying.

The daemon-blade has been growing ever sharper, and its scintillating edges have honed themselves to the point where they are cutting through reality.  Metaphysical threads are cut and a Warp Gate tears open with a roar.  Somehow it seems to surge outwards with unnatural ferocity, and the floor disappears from beneath Soul Reaver's feet.

Enraged, Soul Reaver erects a Warp Shield just in time to prevent utter annihilation.  It crackles around him for a moment as he spins Blooddrinker around in his hand once more, splitting the Warp open to create an exit.  Again, it tears open hungrily, as if his point of arrival was preordained by some outside force.

Soul Reaver emerges from the Warp Gate, his feet thudding onto the concrete beyond its lip.  The Gate shuts behind him with a bass pulse that sends heat-like ripples through reality.

Jharm, Fei and Gulgrim stand before Soul Reave, both Jharm and Gulgrim in battle-ready stances.

Soul Reaver's head is bowed at first, his face hidden, but even then the others can see that something is not quite right.  Soul Reaver seems larger somehow, his muscles more pronounced.  The space around him wavers strangely, as though reality were struggling to rearrange itself into something... else.  Soul Reaver clutches Blooddrinker in a vice-like grip, and its edges gleam with sinister radiance.  The smallest movement creates disruptions in the fabric of reality visible to the naked eye as a reddish glow.

Soul Reaver looks up, his pupils blazing a deep crimson.  He seems to ignore Gulgrim, his gaze fixing instead of Fei and Jharm.

"They took her, and you let them."

Soul Reaver takes a step forward.  Hairline cracks form in the ground.

"How easy it must be to make a sacrifice when you are not the ones paying the price!"

His other hand goes to Blooddrinker's hilt, closing on it in a two-handed grip.  His face is contorted with murderous anger.  As his lips pull back into a snarl, the others can see sharp fangs glinting in his mouth.

Soul Reaver advances on those who he would not long ago have called friend, twisted thoughts swirling through his mind.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:22:24 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2015, 08:17:04 PM »
The Seraphim watches as a familiar figure steps out of the Warp gate.  It is Soul Reaver....but the angelic being easily senses something is...wrong about him.  A strange energy radiated from the man.  Then Soul gazes up, his eyes a deep crimson, locking onto both Jharm and Fei.

"They took her, and you let them."

That voice....he had heard it before.

Lights mercy....not him.

The one thing the Seraphim had always feared during his travels with Soul Reaver and Sepher was that the dark powers they wielded would one day overcome them and he (Jharm) would be forced to fight them and destroy them.  While he had no idea how the demon had managed it.....Blooddrinker seems to have overcome the immortal knight.

"How easy it must be to make a sacrifice when you are not the ones paying the price!"

Sacrifice? What is he talking about?!?  The demon must be twisting his mind or something!

Soul Reaver starts to slowly advance on the trio, rage clearly evident on his visage.  It is clear to Jharm that they have only a few moments, at best, before their "old friend" attacks them.  Were it anyone else the Seraphim would not hesitate  further....but he had traveled with Reaver long enough he could not bring himself to go that far unless it was clear that he had no other choice.  His voice booms across the area as he speaks, light gently radiating from his body as he attempts to fight through whatever illusion Blooddrinker has overcome Soul with.

"Soul Reaver!  Do not do this!  He is poisoning you against us!  Fight his dark power!"

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2015, 01:18:44 AM »
Gulgrim could feel the energy from the man in front of him. It was palpable, but Gulgrim only seemed to grow more confident as he felt it. Green lightning crackled around him, as if by tasting the energy of his opponent he was growing in power to match it. Only a clash of blades would tell if it would be enough to allow Gulgrim to battle this new foe, but he seemed to be demonstrating the focal power of the Orkish race; the ability to grow stronger in the face of adversity. Almost before the party's eyes, Gulgrim's muscles swelled to new levels, he seemed to grow in height, and his glowing red eye shone even brighter.

"Oi, grot! Don't you ignore Kaptin Gulgrim!" The warboss said, positioning himself between Soul Reaver and his target. Wherever Soul Turned, Gulgrim would be in front of him, although he never seemed to move. Green lightning coursed across the Ork's steadily growing frame and over his weaponry. The air of unreality grew in intensity as the WAAAGH! Energy built up in the Warboss's form, enhancing his power as he prepared to face a deadly adversary.

"I'z done battle with Demon princes before. You'z don't scare me." And while it was true an Ork knew no fear, Gulgrim didn't rate highly his odds of surviving this conflict if his two allies didn't do something quickly, or if he didn't get enough time to gather up enough power.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:24:12 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2015, 03:41:42 PM »
Jharm's body is suffused by purifying radiance as he courageously stands before his old ally, trying to bring him to his senses.  Soul Reaver halts his advance - he growls and averts his eyes from the glow, shielding himself with his forearm.  For a few moments, the cracks growing from Soul Reaver's feet and the aura surrounding him seem to retreat somewhat.

"Soul Reaver!  Do not do this!  He is poisoning you against us!  Fight his dark power!"

But then Soul Reaver lowers his arm and stares the seraphim straight into the eyes, boring into them as though trying to read his very soul.

"So self-righteous... you never even considered who you harmed!"

Soul Reaver roars and the cracks being to spread again, the dark miasma flickering stronger.  He prepares to charge...

"Oi, grot! Don't you ignore Kaptin Gulgrim!"

A hulking green-skinned figure wearing a ridiculously huge pirate hat somehow intersperses itself before Soul Reaver and Jharm, appearing as though from nowhere with a crackle of green energy.  His bulky frame pretty much eclipses Jharm's light.

"I'z done battle with Demon princes before. You'z don't scare me."

For the first time, Soul Reaver's burning gaze focuses on the Ork.

"But I will."

And Soul Reaver takes off running straight at the Warboss.  He covers the distance in a split second, moving much faster than should be possible.  Blooddrinker scythes through the air, reality itself rippling and tearing behind the blade as it arcs at Gulgrim.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2015, 07:54:59 PM »
"Alright. That is enough, Soul Reaver." Fei speaks, now standing but a few paces by the Ork Warboss. A wave of abyssal energy springs to life as an mirror-polished obsidian curtain between Gulgrim and Soul Reaver before Soul Reaver's blow is struck, intent on concealing Gulgrim's physical position as well as forcibly snuffing his spiritual presence from passing through it. This curtain serves as a one-way mirror that Gulgrim can see beyond, as well and take defensive action.

"It serves you no better by trying to hack down our green skinned amusement here.  Now what's got you all in a huffy, hmmm? Don't tell me you've gone and gotten yourself possessed.  That's no way to go through eternity, Son.  I've been there. Terrible hangovers, that." Fei crosses his arms and chuckles lightly.  "Also, a smart fellow like you should know better than to trifle with us.  Now put down that sword and give our friend back, demon, or to prepare to experience a...terrible hangover."

A mental message goes out to Gulgrim and Jharm and echoes back to Cameron. "Don't kill him. Use non-lethal force.  I'm sure Soul Reaver is still in there but may require an exorcism by fists."

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2015, 01:15:03 AM »
As Soul Reaver's blade comes down, Gulgrim is gone. In a Green flash, he begins to use the pent up energy he'd been building to move around the raging immortal. He reappeared behind Soul Reaver, his blade held in a reverse grip. He pulled his arm back to swing, and then vanished again, not giving Soul the time to react. He appeared again, to the side this time, and now his swing commenced, the blunt back end of the blade coming in for Soul Reaver's midsection. Without waiting to see if the blade would connect, he vanishes again, this time appearing above Soul Reaver, his boot lashing out in a kick to the immortal's face. Then a second kick came, instead of teleporting again immediately. Then he vanished again, moving to a new location to attempt a new assault.

Gulgrim's one saving grace was the power of his unpredictability. So long as he could attack Soul Reaver from seemingly random directions, he believed he could avoid taking one of his blows. Not even he really knew where he'd end up in relation to the immortal, just that he'd be in a position to hit him again. The vampire asked him not to kill this grot, so he'd keep using the flat of his blade and his fists and boots. But that Vampire had better know what he was talking about. Gulgrim wasn't about to die just on a hunch.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2015, 04:53:19 PM »
A black disc forms in front of Soul Reaver as his blade slashes at Gulgrim, hiding the Ork from view.  Blooddrinker continues unimpeded, the blackness swirling aside like oil on water.  But it passes through nothing but air.

Soul Reaver senses the Ork behind him, and then suddenly to the side.  The flat of Gulgrim's blade connects with a clang on the Black Steel armour on Soul Reaver's torso, but he doesn't so much as flinch and continues stalking toward Jharm.  He does, however, feel the impact of Gulgrim's foot as it slams into his face - and angrily deflects the follow up kick.  Then Gulgrim suddenly appears on his other side, his fist striking a glancing blow.  Fei speaks to him but he can barely hear the words over the sound of constant kicks and weapon impacts.  Soul Reaver throws a brief glance in Fei's direction.

There will be time for you as well.

The flat of Gulgrims' blade crashes against Soul Reaver's upraised gauntlet.  For a moment the two seem to lock in time itself, and Soul Reaver snarls at Gulgrim.

"You stand against me, and so have made yourself my enemy!"

With unnatural speed, Soul Reaver whirls Blooddrinker all around him.  It is unclear if he is aiming for Gulgrim, or where Gulgrim WILL be.  But the blade moves so fast as to create a veritable whirlwind of blood-soaked steel around the warrior.  Where the blade passes, it splits open glowing red tears in reality.  Gulgrim now has not only the blade to deal with, but also its lingering effects.

With the space he has bought himself and his blade still whirling, Soul Reaver launches himself straight at Jharm, creating a sonic boom as he leaves the ground.  His dark aura seems to grow even more oppressive, dimming even the glorious light streaming from the angel's body.  A sinister dark force suffuses Soul Reaver's fist and he sends a massive punch heading straight toward the centre of the seraphim's chest.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:55:17 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2015, 06:20:38 PM »
"So self-righteous... you never even considered who you harmed!"

Crimson eyes meet glowing orbs of light as Soul Reaver glares up at the angellic being.  He then roars out and looks as if he is about to charge up at Jharm when suddenly the Ork appears in front of him.

"Oi, grot! Don't you ignore Kaptin Gulgrim!"

Before Jharm can move to offer any aid to the Ork, a shadowy wall materializes in front of Gulgrim.

Don't kill him. Use non-lethal force.  I'm sure Soul Reaver is still in there but may require an exorcism by fists.

Jharm slightly shakes his head at what he hears.

Non-lethal force?  Does Fei realize how foolish that sounds?  An immortal knight possessed by an ancient demon lord and wielding a blade that said demon lord resides within. I certainly do not wish to have to kill Soul Reaver, but if he can't be stopped I can't allow such evil as Blooddrinker to escape.

He then gives the best response to the statement he can muster. 

We shall see.....

It is at this point however that Soul Reaver begins to spin his blade around, tearing holes in reality as it screams through the air.  He then launches himself up into the air, sailing towards Jharm as his aura grows even darker, almost as if it is attempting to drown out the glowing light of the Seraphim.  It would seem that Soul Reaver did not account for one thing in his attack....he was flying at the Seraphim.  While he was a large being and certainly did not possess the speed of beings such as Fei on the ground....the sky was a whole different environment.  As the knight draws nearer to Jharm he suddenly shoots straight up into the air as the light within him flares to such intensity it was almost as if the sun itself resided within his form.  As he flies above Soul Reaver he gives his final warning to the psychotic knight.

"So be it Soul Reaver!  While I am sad it must go this way.....your madness must be ended!"

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2015, 10:55:07 AM »

In the events that followed, circumstance demanded Danyael tend to the threats at hand and trust in the abilities of the Elementals to keep up their end. It pained him to leave Mary behind, though the looks across his face were little more than a visage dry of emotion. His eyes looked over the sudden influx of energies as he watched threads of warp energies sew together what could only be described as a warp gate. But there was something amiss. Danyael's eyes looked over the rivulets of blackened energies that swirled around the exiting figure, later to be determined to be none other than Soul Reaver himself. But he was different. Changed. And, if he was viewing the energies around him clearly enough – very lethal. He watched the man a moment, then heard him utter something menacing to the companions. While they sought to undo whatever state of mind he was in, he spoke something that made Danyael pause in contemplation. 

”How easy it must be to make a sacrifice when you are not the ones paying the price” Soul Reaver accused.

As he approached, he was stopped, turning to see a presence taking the form of a 'shadow', crossing its arms. “He accuses you of crimes you couldn't have committed. But there is a sin of which he omits its existence. A sin of murder. Do you remember his victim's name?” the 'shadow' asked. Danyael looked away at first, from the 'shadow' and from Soul Reaver. “Don't you remember how it happened? So righteous was he, that is until it all went so sour. And the victim paid the price for this man's hypocrisy.” but Danyael did not look at the 'shadow'. “I forgave him long ago.” the nephilim lord refused the figure's words. “Proficient at many things, you and your comrades may be, but lying isn't one of them.” and then Danyael found he couldn't look away any longer, using his new sight to look at this maelstrom of a 'shadow' – a hurricane of pure night – and faced it without apprehension. “What. Was. His. Name?” the 'shadow' asked – demanded, as it were.

Be this man possessed or not, it was Soul Reaver's own anger that was fueling this lunacy. And if the warrior felt himself entitled to his rage, regardless to his state of mind, then he wasn't the only one. “His name was Gale.” a whisper said aloud, lilting in the air in resonant tones, spoken from a man whose mouth didn't make a move. Danyael stood in silence as he watched the supercharged behemoth that was Soul Reaver, standing before them.

“You accuse us of atrocities we do not know. But have you forgotten that you killed my friend?” a stir of shriveling echoes hissed through the air, and Danyael made his approach – soft and disquieted. With every step he took, the earth around him felt different, as it spread slowly across the field. With every movement, the air around him tasted of the stalest foul, and it too spread throughout the field. He said this wouldn't happen again. He lied. “He was but a boy – little more than a child in comparison – and you murdered him.” another chorus of whispers sneered through the emptiness.  “Does your rage know no satisfaction, sir?” another chorus of whispers asked in venomous accusation. “What justice is there in a world where men like you are its keepers? What honor is there when men like you cherry-pick when it is best to turn a blind eye to all you claim to stand for?” the second question deepened in frigid intensity. “You killed him.” the whispers hissed again, and it appeared there were two Danyaels at his flanks. “You killed him.” they snarled intently, gaining greater ground and it appeared to be ten. “You killed him.” they began to growl and it appeared to be twice that number. “YOU KILLED HIM!” and their master and his grim coterie dashed  from the ground with a murderous intent of their own, the ground beneath them exploding into thrashed shards of dead earth as they blipped in and out of what would appear to be rifts of reality, taking large chunks away from at at a time, at fury-driven speeds unlike any of which prior exhibited – all on a dead on aim straight for the warrior himself.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »
Soul Reaver's punch goes wide as Jharm launches himself straight upward on mighty pinions, the sizzling force surrounding his fist dissipating into nothingness.  With unnatural agility, he twists in mid-air and lands on the ground in a three-point stance, still facing Jharm's previous position.  The increased intensity of Jharm's light burns away at the aura surrounding Soul Reaver, sending trails of blackness snaking into oblivion, yet the same aura seems to replenish itself just as fast as it is being eaten away.

"So be it Soul Reaver!  While I am sad it must go this way.....your madness must be ended!"

Soul Reaver's only response is a maddened grimace.

Then another familiar presence arrives... Danyael - or was it Kanshisha?  Soul Reaver's head whips to face the newcomer, nothing but hate in his face.  Danyael speaks with barely-contained anger.

"You accuse us of atrocities we do not know. But have you forgotten that you killed my friend?"

For a moment a cold sliver of reason slides through the haze of madness and a look of pain flits across Soul Reaver's face.  The dark aura wavers almost imperceptibly.

"He was but a boy – little more than a child in comparison – and you murdered him.  Does your rage know no satisfaction, sir?  What justice is there in a world where men like you are its keepers?  What honor is there when men like you cherry-pick when it is best to turn a blind eye to all you claim to stand for?"

But with these words, or perhaps their hostility, the rage returns tenfold.  Something boils outward, the aura growing, the ground around Soul Reaver transforming from a concrete floor into a strange wasteland of cracked grey dust.  Orange sparks waver in the air.

"You killed him!" Danyael echoed over and over again, each time with more images of him appearing.  And they run at him, flashing in and out of reality, their weapons seeking his flesh.

"RAAAAAAARGH!"

Soul Reaver's muscles bulge and his torso armour splits open.  With a shockwave of invisible energy, a massive pair of hideous bat-like wings burst from Soul Reaver's back.  They are black as midnight and somehow incorporeal, swirling like smoke and shadow and eclipsing even Jharm's light.

As Danyael approaches, Soul Reaver's fist slams the ground as he speaks words in a guttural tongue.  Space around him seems to pulse for a moment as his sealing spell takes hold.  But he does not stop speaking, and while Danyael closes in, he finishes a second spell, sending a surge of red power through his arm and into the ground.

A splits second before Danyael would reach him, Soul Reaver soars straight upwards, as Jharm had done.  And the ground below seems to go mad, ripping itself into a mass of rocky spines, each pointing outward from Soul Reaver's original location, and each waiting for Danyael to impale himself upon them.

Soul Reaver hovers momentarily, facing Jharm.

"The skies will give you no refuge should they fall!"

With a violent downward gesture, Soul Reaver initiates another spell.  The ceiling, far above, is obscured by a sudden rolling mass of black cloud.  Orange lighting rolls and flickers deep within it.  Soul Reaver roars and charges at Jharm, matching even the angel's airborne speed and agility with his sinister new wings.

Blooddrinker oozes a shimmering trail as it cuts through the air toward the seraphim while the skies begin to rain fire.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:05:07 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2015, 07:34:51 PM »
The Seraphim watches from above as Danyael finally catches up with them and enters the fray, split into multiple forms and charge at Soul Reaver.  As the manifestations drew close to the knight, he [Soul Reaver] suddenly roared out and black bat-like wings explode from his back.  Shining orbs of light gazes out from Jharms helmet as he watches the spectacle.

And he slips even further into the darkness...

Soul then slams his fist down into the ground and begins to chant something in a guttural voice.  Jharm senses power radiating from the creature, power that resonated once again similar to what he had felt when they had journeyed through Inferno.  He then notices that the small warp tears that were created by Blooddrinker seem to be sealing themselves up.

Interesting....

Then Reaver launches himself straight into the sky, rocky spines forming where he was and aimed at skewering the charging forms of Danyael.  Now flying before the Seraphim was what could only be described as the twisted and torn form of his one-time companion.

"The skies will give you no refuge should they fall!"

Far above them the ceiling is covered by black storm clouds, orange lightning flickering from within.  Realizing he had lost one of his strongest advantages against the fallen knight Jharm offers the man one final gesture of respect towards what he once was.  He raises his hammer in front of him in a sign of salute as the entire weapon begins to glow brightly with the power of the Light, while the light from within him also brightens to match the darkness radiating from Soul Reaver.  The Seraphims voice booms out across the heavens, almost as if the power flowing through him has amplified his voice.

"The Light is the only refuge I need!  Behold foul demon...the power and majesty of Nelathia!"

The Seraphim then charges at the incoming knight.  The two forces meet, the dark blade of Blooddrinker connecting with the shaft of the angellic beings hammer.  The respective "auras" of the two beings also seems to collide with each other.  Glowing orbs of light gazes directly into crimson filled eyes as the two weapons struggle against each other.  Both combatants possess incredible strength, but while Soul Reavers is augmented through his spells and Blooddrinker.....Jharms is natural, blessed even further when raised to the place of Seraphim.  In the end the Seraphim manages to win the "duel" and forces Blooddrinker back enough to end Soul Reavers charge, using the force to propel himself backwards a short distance.  It is at this moment though that the bolts of fire raining from above reaches them.  While they seem to avoid Soul Reaver entirely, the Seraphim is not as lucky.  A bolt comes screaming from above and collides with one Jharm's wings, burning at the pure white feathers with unholy flames.

The angellic being cries out in pain and surprise and his flight falters, his massive form falling downwards.  In an instant though he has regained control and uses the momentum of the fall to gain some distance from Soul Reaver.  As he flies through the air he turns so he is facing upwards and launches a solid orb of light up into the black clouds.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2015, 08:19:48 PM »
As Gulgrim reappeared from a recent attack, he found a blade already arcing for him. Trying to hop back only marginally avoided the attack, and the blade's edge cut a ragged line through Gulgrim's armor and across his chest. The pain of the wound infuriated him, and a warp shield reflexively popped up in the aftermath of the attack, even though he was hopping back away from the gates Blooddrinker was opening. But then almost immediately afterward he was knocked back off his feet by an explosion as Soul Reaver took to the air. As he skidded to a halt he looked up to see the immortal and the seraphim locked in combat, and the Warboss decided that enough was enough.

"Nobody makes a fool of ol' Gulgrim!" he shouted, raising his hand, expecting to find his gun in it, but finding that it had not materialized as he had expected it to.

"Wot!?" Gulgrim shouted, looking down at his empty hand. Then he could feel it. Some kind of Sorcery was stopping him from using his WAAAGH! Energy without serious effort. The Ork's face set into a grim scowl, his eye's red glow brightening as angry green lightening crackled around his form.

"Dat's...Dat's NOT HOW KAPTIN GULGRIM GOES! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!"

Energy built around Gulgrim, lightning arcing left and right and up and down, WAAAGH! Energy building up in his body as he prepared to use everything he had built up from the fight thus far. His feet stomped an angry beat as he seemed to glow, Green energy condensing around his body. It built, and built, a veritable Crescendo of orky might as he mustered every last bit of energy he could to make one last pull from reality's coffers. He would take the one thing he needed to get back at that snarky git who tried to stop him from getting in the fight.

Lightning cracked the ground around Gulgrim, and he let out a final, enraged shout as a greenish-white light exploded around him, momentarily obscuring him from view.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!"

There was a sound like glass shattering, and with a final, brutal effort Gulgrim pulled forth the one thing he needed. His WAAAGH! Energy spent, he would have to rely solely on the physical realm until the Immortal enemy's spell wore off. But that was fine, for the thing Gulgrim needed was all too material.

As the green-white glare faded, Gulgrim no longer stood in the Coat o' knives. Instead he was standing inside a hulking monstrosity of metal, spikes, bone, and bullets. He had pulled Da stompy suit from thin air with that final burst of energy, and was ready to bring the full firepower of Gork and Mork to bear. Massive twin-linked Deffguns sat on his shoulders, both his hands decked in weapons, with massive snazzguns nailed to the top of the left arm, and a variety of ballistic ordnances adorned what looked like an overbuilt, over-geared Orkish Terminator suit. Its very construction looked even more durable than the Astartes models. In fact it had a mysterious sheen to it, as if some strange Orky powers were woven into its creation. No doubt it had extreme durability to go with its extreme firepower.

"I'Z HAD IT WIF YOU YA SPIKEY GIT!" Gulgrim shouted from the ground, turning his weapons to the sky and opening fire. "I'Z GOT DA POWER OF GORK AN' MORK! YOU'Z CAN'T STOP ME!" Bullets, beams, and the occasional grenade launched in rapid pace from Gulgrim's armor, filling the sky with ordnance.

--OI, SERRY-FIM! YOU'D BEST GET OUTTA DA WAY IF YOU'Z DON'T WANT TA GET 'IT-- Gulgrim's mental shout went out, though he was uncertain if he had the energy left to even send that simple message. Nonetheless, he continued to open fire, flooding Soul Reaver's general area with ballistics, energy weapons, and explosives. Gulgrim's massive right power klaw scissored open and closed in the anticipation of the immortal coming down to get a taste as he continued to pour Dakka into the sky, heedless of the fire raining down around him.

The Ork was very angry now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:41:26 PM by Shadow Chorus »