Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Next Epic Battle after EoT (Part II)  (Read 9784 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Next Epic Battle after EoT (Part II)
« on: April 02, 2021, 10:58:17 PM »
Hello everyone,

The Eye of Terror is a wrap.  It's left quite a bodycount in its wake.
At present we have the following active characters:
Soul Reaver
Jharm
Gulgrim
Kitharsis
Danyael
Cameron (once we figure out how to work his character back into the plot)
Daccio (possibly- unsure what character to use)

We had previously decided that the next Board Battle would be run by Jharm (http://administorum.com/index.php?topic=600.0) but admittedly that was back in 2018, so I wanted to double check to make sure that desire is still there

Jharm, are you still keen to be the next Epic Board Battle host (you've got my vote if you're still keen)?
Does anyone else want to throw their hat in the ring?

EDIT: Updated list of participants
EDIT 2: Participant list updated again
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:43:28 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: Next Epic Battle after EoT (Part II)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 02:45:50 PM »
I haven't made a final decision on this yet. The Eye of Terror campaign didn't end the way I actually wanted it to, so there's some serious work I'd need to do to get Cameron from where he is now to where I'd want him to be to keep playing him. We'll see if I'm up for it.

Edit: This is regarding whether or not I'll be participating in the next Board Battle. I have no desire whatsoever to be a Battle Host again. Just wanted to clarify.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:04:20 AM by Cameron »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 08:46:01 PM »
Initially I was planning on continuing with running the next Epic BB.  Recently though I have realized/come to accept that while i can come up with grand stories in my head, actually translating that to anything beyond that point though....not so much.  Therefore I am more then likely going to pass on running the next battle.  Jharm will all but certainly still be departing from the Companions, with me bringing in a new character.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 05:51:07 PM »
Initially I was planning on continuing with running the next Epic BB.  Recently though I have realized/come to accept that while i can come up with grand stories in my head, actually translating that to anything beyond that point though....not so much.  Therefore I am more then likely going to pass on running the next battle.  Jharm will all but certainly still be departing from the Companions, with me bringing in a new character.

That's a real shame, I was looking forward to seeing what Jharm's backstory had on offer, but it's up to you.  Maybe there's some way to work some of the ideas into a future a Epic BB?

Anyone else?  I know Kitharsis was also considering hosting an Epic BB (and recent events might give some urgency to whatever he had planned to do?)

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 10:41:03 AM »
Hallooooo

I am still alive. I am debating joining the new epic BB, though with what character I am unsure.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 12:14:08 PM »

That's a real shame, I was looking forward to seeing what Jharm's backstory had on offer, but it's up to you.  Maybe there's some way to work some of the ideas into a future a Epic BB?

Anyone else?  I know Kitharsis was also considering hosting an Epic BB (and recent events might give some urgency to whatever he had planned to do?)

Well, not discounting entirely that Jharm wont return to call upon his old friends at some point (basically if i pass on this, might change my mind later and have him return to still do the story)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 02:28:18 PM »
The more I consider it, the more I think that I can handle this. Writing for a single character is much easier than writing responses to everyone, and if I need to take a break it wouldn't delay the entire game. So I'll likely be in.

It's going to take some effort to get Cameron ready. I'm hoping that there's a bit of a time skip between the end of the last battle and the start of the new one. Because of the way EoT ended and because we're not going into Jharm's battle yet, I have to scrap and rework some of the plans I had for Cameron's character development. I'll start working on that ASAP.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 03:01:29 PM »
The more I consider it, the more I think that I can handle this. Writing for a single character is much easier than writing responses to everyone, and if I need to take a break it wouldn't delay the entire game. So I'll likely be in.

It's going to take some effort to get Cameron ready. I'm hoping that there's a bit of a time skip between the end of the last battle and the start of the new one. Because of the way EoT ended and because we're not going into Jharm's battle yet, I have to scrap and rework some of the plans I had for Cameron's character development. I'll start working on that ASAP.

Hmm that is right....was going to kinda use Jharms thing as a method to bring Cameron back into the group....kinda forgot that lol....

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 10:58:03 PM »
Hallooooo

I am still alive. I am debating joining the new epic BB, though with what character I am unsure.

That's awesome.  We're still sorting out logistics so you've got time to work on a character.  But if you want to join you'll be welcome.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 10:44:30 PM »

Hmm that is right....was going to kinda use Jharms thing as a method to bring Cameron back into the group....kinda forgot that lol....

Even if you're not hosting it, whoever runs the next Board Battle should be able to work something in too I'm sure.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 01:03:47 PM »
I have a terrible amount of work to do in order to flesh out a proper story.  And a limited amount of time to do so.

It does put me in a tough position, as I don't want to just wave away Kitharsis's state right now.  But for the sake of moving forward I need to do something.

If anything, I can't commit to a full battle.  But maybe a prologue.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 09:30:04 PM »
A prologue might work quite well to get through Kitharsis' current crisis.
Can you share any details of what you were thinking?  If you want to keep it close to your chest maybe PM or email me?

Danyael, Shadow Chorus, Daccio, do any of you want to put your hand up for hosting a full battle?

(Note that if I don't get any takers I have a couple of ideas swirling around too - such as completing Salt in the Wound - though I'd prefer if the next host was someone who hasn't hosted one before).

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2021, 10:39:54 PM »
My plate is currently significantly full. I can take the time out to plan and post a reactionary post every go-round at the moment, but the planning wherewithal to plan an entire battle is currently tied up with other things at the moment.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 11:12:46 PM »
No thanks.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 06:09:07 PM »
Since my initial post ive kinda had more time to think it over and whatnot, and am finding myself not nearly as keen on the idea of passing on hosting the next BB.  That being said of course, my initial statement has naturally led to the inevitable "Well who will run the next one" and thus me going "Eh I changed my mind again...ill run the next one, FOOLED YOU!" is not a good thing lol.  With Kitharsis' current character state/mindset, should Kitharsis have the desire to in fact do a "prologue" handling that, I'm all for it.  It could also allow for a period where those unsure of participating in another "full" story (Daccio and Cameron) more time to decide/work on their characters/etc.  If not, I can continue with my story, though I cant make any promises it will be as grandiose/epic as EoT was, but I can promise lots of stuff for everyone to stabby stabby and whatnot lol.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 09:35:39 PM »
It sounds to me like the next step is figuring out what Kitharsis would like to do.

Kitharsis, mind getting in touch re: what you were thinking the recent developments with your character and what it means for them?  That way we can figure out the best way forward.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 07:52:28 PM »
While I don’t have a full battle ready. I have a good outline together to at least get things moving again. Kitharsis might sit the next battle out, depending on how I flesh things out.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 07:06:57 PM »
While I don’t have a full battle ready. I have a good outline together to at least get things moving again. Kitharsis might sit the next battle out, depending on how I flesh things out.

Mind sharing a rough outline via PM or email?  I might be able to see how we can fit things together.
Are you thinking of sitting out the next battle entirely or bringing in another character for it until Kitharsis can rejoin?
(I hope it's the latter, be a shame if you weren't there with us)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 02:41:56 PM »
I sent you a message on Discord.  I'll shoot the outline to you as a DM also. 

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 07:38:39 AM »
I think we have a plan.

Kitharsis will set up a prologue to his later battle during 'The Eye Closes', and as nobody else has put their hand up (and matching what was decided earlier) Jharm gets to run the next Epic Battle as Battle Host.