Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX  (Read 78741 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2015, 05:39:48 AM »
They are autonomous, but they fight like you and act basically in tandem with you.  You're free to post as them.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2015, 08:53:18 AM »
They are autonomous, but they fight like you and act basically in tandem with you.  You're free to post as them.

For clarification, did Gulgrim make one of those for every companion? Just trying to make sure I have one before I post for Cameron.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2015, 10:16:32 AM »
Every companion that's in the fight, so yeah, Cameron too.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2015, 03:48:51 PM »
For what it's worth, I'm waiting for a few others to post before posting myself.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
I will be posting either tuesday or wednesday. School is pretty busy right now.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2015, 07:44:03 PM »
I was supposed to post this weekend, but I was sick on Friday night and all of Saturday, and ran into some major personal issues yesterday and today. I'll try to get something up tomorrow.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2015, 04:59:59 PM »
Jharm, if you feel my response to your attack wasn't cool, let me know. I felt like having a little fun :p It makes sense, really.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
I'm in the process of writing a reply, but it's taking a while as I can only write in between doing other stuff.  I should have it up soon today though.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2015, 06:42:07 PM »
Um Sepher....none of the light beams were coming at you, they were only going after the demons and Soul Reaver.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »
That's why i asked. I had an idea in my head and it sounded cooler there. Ill hit you up to talk about it elsewhere.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2015, 08:49:23 PM »
Um Sepher....none of the light beams were coming at you, they were only going after the demons and Soul Reaver.

I'm not sure how clear that was, I also thought it covered the whole battlefield... might as well just roll with it?

Decided to post now since it gives me a bit less to worry about next time I post.

- Sepher didn't post for his serpent demons so I've assumed 4 of them got killed (2 by the Doomhounds and 2 by the Cruelbeasts)

- In turn, the Doomhounds and Cruelbeasts have been killed by Jharm's spell

- The Steelheart has lost half of its sword to Gulgrim and been stabbed in the chest by it.  This doesn't seem to have hurt it though.

- The Steelheart is being attacked by the Nocturne Kenshi (who seem to be causing only minor damage so far) and by the Orks (who don't seem to be able to hurt it)

- Gulgrim's 'surf the sword' idea didn't pan out too good, since the sword snapped a moment after he leaped onto it.

- The Steelheart has grabbed Gulgrim and is now crushing him into the ground/drowning him in ichor with one hand and stabbing him with the remains of his sword with the other.  The Steelheart weighs tons, so this is pretty serious.

- Jharm's prayer seems to be hurting the Steelheart, but not enough to dissuade its attack

- Soul Reaver has been delaying Danyael so that all his various abilities (Nocturne Kenshi, Lotus Malevolence, Blade of Voracity) drain his strength.

- Since Danyael's attacks are becoming more powerful and he has held Danyael off long enough, Soul Reaver has cast a powerful Strength Drain spell.  Like the name suggests, it drains its victim (and proportionally strengthens the caster).  Combined with the drain from the above weapons, this will be very dangerous to Danyael.  It'll also automatically strike at anyone else nearby (possibly Kitharsis and any Orky doppelgangers).

- Soul Reaver has cast a Greater Hold spell on Danyael.  This (almost) prevents him from doing anything at all until the spell is overcome.  Overcoming it can be done by force of will, but even then will take several moments.

- Soul Reaver is preparing a fatal strike on Danyael.  I very strongly recommend someone attack Soul Reaver directly at this point to prevent this attack and divert his attentions elsewhere.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »
As long as they follow the warning and do not look up at the orb they will not have anything to worry about, the beams of light are NOT flying at them, only Soul, and all the summoned demons (sorry Sepher....demons are demons to the Seraphim). Jharm has focused a large amount of power into this spell and against lesser demons it should be quite destructive....though against Soul and the Steelheart I am sure it will have a weakened effect.

See the above from my OOC after my post hehe :D
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2015, 09:13:32 PM »
See the above from my OOC after my post hehe :D

Oh yeah.  Maybe Sepher didn't listen to Jharm when he said not to look? :P

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2015, 09:28:53 PM »
Gulgrim has done several things in a short span of time, and also the secondary nature of the doppelgangers has been revealed. Gulgrim has vanished under the ichor, using the magical silence and the fact that the creature was pushing him under to disguise his escape, as otherwise there would be a loud crack of lightning. From there he has made precision attacks at the creature both at its neck and heels, and then turned to get Soul's attention. The leap was a feint, and he appeared again to attack the Steehleart once more. But then the doppelganger intervened.

All of the doppelgangers have two primary functions; one is to imitate their original and help them in their fight. The second is to sacrifice themselves to protect their target if need be. To do this they will step in the way of fatal blows, and also detonate themselves in basically a directed shotgun blast of energy. We've already established what happens when Soul tries to drink of WAAAGH! Energy, so any of those tendrils reaching for doppelgangers are going to have a fun time.

I would've waited to get this post out, but I'm gonna be busy most of this week, so I figured I'd better do it now while I have time.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:35:26 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2015, 10:06:59 PM »
Gulgrim has done several things in a short span of time, and also the secondary nature of the doppelgangers has been revealed. Gulgrim has vanished under the ichor, using the magical silence and the fact that the creature was pushing him under to disguise his escape, as otherwise there would be a loud crack of lightning. From there he has made precision attacks at the creature both at its neck and heels, and then turned to get Soul's attention. The leap was a feint, and he appeared again to attack the Steehleart once more. But then the doppelganger intervened.

All of the doppelgangers have two primary functions; one is to imitate their original and help them in their fight. The second is to sacrifice themselves to protect their target if need be. To do this they will step in the way of fatal blows, and also detonate themselves in basically a directed shotgun blast of energy. We've already established what happens when Soul tries to drink of WAAAGH! Energy, so any of those tendrils reaching for doppelgangers are going to have a fun time.

I would've waited to get this post out, but I'm gonna be busy most of this week, so I figured I'd better do it now while I have time.

Please note that teleporting anywhere near Soul Reaver is extremely difficult at the moment - his Seal spell is still in place.

I figured that Gulgrim was probably outside the effective area of that spell back when he was fighting the Steelheart (I did say the Steelheart moved to meet him) which is why I didn't mention it earlier, but his teleporting within fire-breathing range of Soul Reaver, then jumping even closer and teleporting back out isn't likely to have worked without disproportionately massive energy expenditure.

Feel free to PM me if necessary.

The tendrils only target things with life essence (which I don't think is the same as Waagh Energy).  If it's something they can't feed off, they won't.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:10:42 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2015, 05:39:18 AM »
Considering the range of psychic attacks, and the relatively short range of the seal spell, he probably could have done both of those from outside its range. It's not like breathing a cone of fire, it's more like a line.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:29:34 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »
Not sure if the doppelgänger would spawn its own minions.  Or if I should post its actions or not. But I'm at least assuming it has followed Kitharsis into the fight.

Also, finally found a good time to bring Kitharsis's minions into the fray. Yay for weird skeletal mages!

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2015, 06:47:35 PM »
Damn it Soul, It looks like you and I posted our responses at almost the exact same time. lol

« Reply #18 on: Today at 06:43:51 pm »
« Reply #19 on: Today at 06:46:00 pm »

haha

I'll edit my post after Dinner :p
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 06:58:39 PM by Fei »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2015, 06:58:41 PM »
Soul Reaver is pretty much surrounded and being attacked from all sides, so he's taken a bunch of actions:

- Soul Reaver took a nasty hit from the exploding Danyael doppelganger

- He blocked Gulgrim's fire breath with a temporary shield

- He's taken several hard punches from Kitharsis

- Jharm's attempt at using the Strength Drain tendrils as a conduit has failed - the dark magic exclusively transmits energy its caster wants to feed on, plus they're composed of dark magic.  He'll have suffered some minor draining from grabbing the tendril, after which it evaporated when he tried to force holy power through it.

- Soul Reaver cancelled the Strength Drain spell entirely when Kitharsis' mages started trying to turn the spell against him.

- He's been focussing on blocking Danyael's attacks, looking for an opening

- He's been hit by Sepher's spear, but due to his Shimmer spell, it didn't hit where intended.  It's pierced only a small bit of flesh on Soul Reaver's flank.

- At the same time, Soul Reaver yanked Danyael onto the tip of Sepher's spear

- Soul Reaver's pulled himself free from the spear and slid under Kitharsis' legs, taking a swipe at his achilles tendons with Blooddrinker as he did so.

- Behind Kitharsis, he manifested Blooddrinker's scythe and used it to slash at the skeletal warriors, mages, and Kitharsis' clone.  The scythe, when cutting, projects a 'line' of power straight outwards that completely cuts through most material.  Creatures with powerful magic weapons/abilities can potentially block it (as if it were a physical weapon directly swung at them) and sufficiently potent armour/powerful creatures may be able to take the hit without it bisecting them completely (though they'll still likely suffer a gash), but it's likely fatal for anything less.

- Soul Reaver then jumped into the air, and sent out three more slashes, directed at the massed orks and Sepher and Jharm's doppelgangers.

- After landing, Soul Reaver's summoned a Plague Daemon.  This thing is overall somewhat similar to a Great Unclean One chaos daemon.  It has similar immunity to non-magical weapons as the Steelheart, but lacks its armour and isn't as skilled in combat.  It makes up for this with being physically the strongest of Inferno's Greater Daemons and generally being really huge and gross.

As for the Steelheart:

- Jharm's prevous attack weakened the armour directly exposed to the light.  The Daemon doesn't actually have a 'neck' (its head fuses directly with its torso) but the Kutlass managed a vicious cut on its back (roughly where the neck would be if it had one)
- The cut to the back of the knees was less succesful, causing only minor damage (the armour there having not been weakened and the plates interlocking so as to leave little room for weapons to penetrate)
- The Steelheart anticipated the cut to the head and countered with a sidestep and right hook.  If the blade does somehow hit, it'll land on the Steelheart's left shoulder instead of head, but the punch will likely hit before the sword does.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:02:30 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2015, 07:04:03 PM »
Damn it Soul, It looks like you and I posted our responses at almost the exact same time. lol

« Reply #18 on: Today at 06:43:51 pm »
« Reply #19 on: Today at 06:46:00 pm »

haha

I'll edit my post after Dinner :p

Aww crap, sorry man. :P