Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 11564 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »
so...totally forgot i had D2's soundtrack stuffed away on my HD so dug it out today and think ill be playing some D3 with music turned off and D2 OST playing just for nostalgia hehe
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
Holy crap Hell mode on hardcore is scary.  My buddy and I waltzed into a cave with a bunch of those "I explode into a bunch of snakes" champions.  They had molten, mortar, illusionist.  So needless to say... we were instantly surrounded by a butt ton of illusions, and all of them were about to explode.  Yeah.  For the first time, I'm coming across mob groups where I'm just flat out saying, "Yeah, no, we're turning around.  New game!"

And don't get me started on molten/fast/invulnerable minions...

Wish me luck on hell mode Belial.  I'll need it.

@Jharm: Psh, nerd. :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:16:32 PM by Jorumn Fargazer »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 03:56:37 AM »
Yeah doing nightmare w/ Fei (im a monk he's a wizard) and I definetely think the one "ability" we hate the most is Arcane...like 4/5 of the rares/bosses that we have faced since entering Nightmare that have that ability at least one of us has died  at least once in downing them...

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 06:08:44 AM »
I am gona do a wizard and monk combo with a friend as well. Is it good? Should I make him change the monk to witch doctor? I am not sure if the monk will be able to keep agro for me to dish out DEVESTATING damage, but then again I am not sure that the minions can hold it either.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
There doesn't seem to be threat/aggro so much as trying to keep the monk more in the way of the mobs and the wizard farther back.   The monk is the only class able to heal other classes though via 2-3 of their abilities (1 you get pretty early on, the others wont be open until a lil later through act 2 or so..i forget the exact level they unlock at now).  We do a pretty good job Id say.  He has almost 2k in dmg while I have over 52% dmg reduction.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 02:29:58 PM »
Monks are totally viable.  Just remember to make good use of choke points and whatnot, since they can drop a circle on the ground that enemies can't pass through, a well placed one will buy you guys a lot of free damage.  Also, Mantra of Healing is insanely good for survival.

Though, this is coming from a guy who died on his monk at lvl53 last night on hardcore Hell mode.  Sad day. :(  The second I saw "Arcane Frozen Vortex" I should have run.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »
I was just getting tore up in Nightmare.  Dieing every time I saw a yellow or purple mob.

Then I found a socketed axe that gave me 200 more dps, then I stuck a perfect ruby in it.  Much easier!

Also elective mode is gravy with the witch doctor.  I finally broke down and turned it on since I was still dieing so much even after getting that weapon.  Oh my, so good.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 09:19:58 AM »
Does anyone play Demon Hunter?  Thoughts?

I want to get the WD out of Act 2 Nightmare before I play through act 1 again.  I started one of each class so act 1 is getting old.

Wizard was hard at first but once I found some gear and got more skills I can see how powerful they can be.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 01:16:20 PM »
Demon Hunter seems pretty consistently boring to me.  Wizard seems to pump out about as much damage, but with cooler spell effects and a lot more utility options.