Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

Would you be interested in joining this board battle?

Yes
3 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Westward: A world of dust and blood  (Read 6850 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Westward: A world of dust and blood
« on: September 26, 2013, 11:38:40 PM »
It has been 343 years since Humanity fled a desolate Earth and crash-landed on the planet they named Westward (so named for the fact it rotates around the sun opposite of Earth...the sun rises in the West) and have attempted to survive.  Humans have been forced to modify the technology they had and have evolved (or most may say de-evolved) into a reliance on steam power and the law of the gun.  Outside of the Capital City survival is harsh and frequently short lived.  Marshals, the only law in the wasteland, strive to uphold law and order the only way possible....through the barrel of their guns.  There are many who wander the wastelands....prospectors...bandits...smugglers.  What is your calling and what mark might you leave on the desolate world of.....Westward?

Brimstone....central hub of travel between the grand Capital City and outlying settlements in the wastes of Westward.  A city of buzzing activity but also many back alleys where the underworld thrives.  There is a small tavern located with Brimstone named The Rusty Tankard.  A tavern favored by many for the booze as well as the games of chance that occur within its rickety walls.  One such patron is a Marshal known as Vildayvin Devaron.  A man who values honor and justice above all else and has a trigger finger quick to dispense judgement upon bandits and lowlifes who attempt to thrive off the suffering of innocent people.  The man has one weakness though...and that is the clatter of dice and the shuffling of cards.  Today he is satisfying that weakness by playing his favored game of dice called "Liars Dice".[/b]

Scene:  A rickety old building stands before you.  A sign hangs over the door of a brown tankard with some froth on top with the words "The Rusty Tankard" beneath it.  A pair of worn saloon doors hang in the entryway as the sounds of chatter and the clink of glasses echo from within.  Upon entering the tavern you see multiple tables, many occupied by an assortment of men and women.  Along the far wall is a well-kept bar, bottles of whiskey and other assorted alcoholic beverages behind it, a middle-aged man with a thick beard stands behind it, serving drinks and exchanging gossip with patrons.  At some of the tables patrons partake in games of chance such as Six Shoot, poker, and Liars Dice.

Ok, so finally decided to create a poll to see how many people are interested in a steampunk/western style board battle.  I am figuring this board battle will be something in between Legion Immortalis and the Epic BB (your character will not be super powerful like in the Epic BB but I will not be as...hardcore as Legion immortalis with utilizing things as character sheets etc...even though Westward is in fact a P&P game). 
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Westward: A world of dust and blood
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 04:21:28 PM »
Ok so I have two votes...anyone else interested in this?  Please vote (one way or the other) and even better feel free to post your response (especially if you are unsure if you would join or not, maybe I can answer your questions then). 

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:31 PM »
I will give it like one week about until I say heck with it and speak with the Administrator to get things rolling.  Atm it sounds like the prefered number of "im interested" votes is 3 I am not going to hold up the prospective players any longer if we sit at two votes much longer.  I would like as many players as possible but it seems at this points that we are sitting at 2-3 at most so again....not going to hold up the players to see if any more join at the start.  That said if people want to join after I get things going PLEASE post your characters....I would love to see this thing get to the level of Shadowhaunt or (light forbid) Epic BB level.  I know I may have caused some hesitation by my sudden....cancellation of Shadowstorm and for that I apologize but Westward is something I really want to see happen for a number of reasons....the most basic being I really like the setting and since I dont forsee being able to play it in RL I really want to see it happen on the boards :)

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 09:10:45 AM »
I are intawested.

See wut I did thar?

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »
Sweet! Now lets huff. puff and blow this BB out of proportion!
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
Oh, look at that. 3 votes.

This Battle has been APPROVED.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »
I'd be game. Not sure how long I'd last, but I've never heard of a concept like this before.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 12:44:42 AM »
well character creation is open Danyael so if your interested feel free to read the stuff I have posted and whip up a character.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 05:52:11 PM »
Ok so right now got Shadow Chorus and Radobe with accepted characters.  Archdemon Stu has dropped out for the time being so just waiting on Fei and possibly Danyael for characters.  If no sign is made that said characters are not in work (aka PM'ing me telling me so or whatnot) soon I will start the BB and will work in the missing characters once they are completed.

EDIT: Ok...so I have decided if said people do not show they are actively creating a character at the least by weds evening/thurs morning I am going to start Westward without them and if/when they create their characters I will add them in when able. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:15:01 PM by Jharm »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 07:08:20 PM »
The doors of the Rusty Tankard open up as a man enters.  A few eyes glance his way until they see who it is and then they return to their own business.   The lights inside the tavern reflect off the black lenses of the man's goggles as he gazes around the room.  He then walks towards the bar, heading for a door marked "Private" that is next to it.  He tosses a nod at the barkeep who nods back as the man enters the door.  The barkeep fills a tankard with a dark beer from under the bar and then heads for the same door the man went through.
        Inside the room sits a few tables, all are unoccupied except for one where 3 men sit, one being the man with the dark goggles.  The barkeep sets the tankard down next to the goggled man.  The man gestures towards the tankard as he looks at his two companions.  Both nod their heads causing the barkeep to leave the room to get two more tankards.  All three men then reach into their coats and pull out small velvet bags, a black one from within the goggled mans duster, a red one and a green one from within the other mens coats.  All three empty out their respective bags revealing 5 6-sided dice, all respective in color to the bags they were recently contained within. 
           The barkeep returns with the tankards and after placing them down he fetches 3 metal cans from a nearby shelf.  He shows the inside of all 3 to the gentlemen at the table and after a nod from each places one in front of each man, covering the dice and then proceeds to leave the room.  The three men then reach for the containers in front of them, lifting them up and keeping the dice inside with their hand.  With a good few shakes each slams their can down on the table as a friendly game of Liars Dice begins.

(Just a lil "fluff" post to progress towards the opening post once I officially kick Westward off....enjoy)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:00:40 PM by Jharm »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 11:58:54 AM »
Ok....at the behest of certain people I have extended the deadline for characters until this coming tuesday.  If characters are NOT SUBMITTED by then you WILL get left behind.  I apologize to those who have submitted characters and had them approved.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 06:10:18 PM »
Ok it is monday evening.  Still no sign of any other characters in work so right now looking like I will be officially starting Westward Tuesday evening/Weds (probably weds cause ill be inebriated tuesday night hehe).