Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

Have you played 'To the Bitter End', my Warcraft III mod set in the Multiverse?

Yes, played all the way to Chapter VII!
6 (66.7%)
I played a map or two ages ago
3 (33.3%)
I have Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne but haven't played 'To the Bitter End'
0 (0%)
I don't have Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
0 (0%)
You made a Multiverse-themed Warcraft III campaign?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Who has played 'To the Bitter End', my Board-Battles themed Warcraft III mod?  (Read 17876 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
As the majority of you probably know(?), I've spent the past few years working on 'To the Bitter End', a single-player action/RPG mod for Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.  It's set in the Multiverse, and features Soul Reaver, Fei Serumen, Clutchfiend, Kitharsis, and Sera Poi (plus a cameo by Slayer) on an original quest/adventure.  Personally I'm very proud of it and how it's been shaping up.

There's an official website (at http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/) that includes some fanart, and lots of background info in a manual.  It also has Chapters I-VII available for download and play (I'm still working on Chapter VIII, the last playable Chapter).  It's actually become quite popular (as far as single-player mods for an old game go) - I even ran into a Chinese translation of some of the early chapters with some 30000 downloads each (these were made without consulting me, but I feel flattered nonetheless)!

However, despite this originally having been intended mostly for us Administorum folk, I'm not sure how many people here have actually know about it/have played it (or what you guys think of it)!

I'd really like to know what you guys think, so please vote in the poll and post your thoughts here.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:10:30 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Sorry Soul but I just installed the maps and tried to play it and it doesnt work.  I created the folder just like the manual on the site says, unzipped all the maps into it, go into WC3: FT and Custom Game, select the first one and hit play, the menu rolls up and then rolls right back down, also seems like if I click like the 3rd map the entire game crashes....
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
Are you sure you're using the most recent patch, Jharm?  That issue usually occurs when you're using an older version of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

Also, make sure you select Single Player, then Custom Game (it won't work in Multiplayer).

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Im familiar with your campaign but do not have WC3.   I have been to your site and read a lot of the multiverse background stuff though, pretty cool.   

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
I've actually played all the way up to the second to last map. However, I've switched computers since then, and my WC3 install dsc is missing. So I need to get around to re-buying WC3 at some point so I can finish it.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
actually I think if you can find the CD key and put it on your battle.net account you can get it for digital download (I had to do that for Diablo 2, couldnt find one of the disks) 

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
I've actually played all the way up to the second to last map. However, I've switched computers since then, and my WC3 install dsc is missing. So I need to get around to re-buying WC3 at some point so I can finish it.

Aw man, so you didn't get to the part in Chapter VII where Clutch has that hot sex scene with the elven harem?  Quite graphic, and it was pretty hard making all those custom animations for it, but I left it the way it was so as not to compromise my artistic vision for your character.*

And Jharm, did you try my solutions?  Did they help at all?

*The above description may or may not reflect the actual events of Chapter VII
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 11:58:09 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Aw man, so you didn't get to the part in Chapter VII where Clutch has that hot sex scene with the elven harem?  Quite graphic, and it was pretty hard making all those custom animations for it, but I left it the way it was so as not to compromise my artistic vision for your character.*

Ok, so I haven't gotten very far in these maps (at all), but this makes me want to. 

Installin dis.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Haha, hope you read the disclaimer.  ;D

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
yeah. updated warcraft and it works fine now

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
yeah. updated warcraft and it works fine now

Aaah, awesome!

Let me know what you think... and keep in mind it takes a Chapter or two to really get going.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
Holy Hell, that's the reason why I'm here in the first place!!!! Still waiting for the latest and last map!!!!!!!!!

Actually, haven't seen you online in months. Hope to see you on soon!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
Holy Hell, that's the reason why I'm here in the first place!!!! Still waiting for the latest and last map!!!!!!!!!

Actually, haven't seen you online in months. Hope to see you on soon!

Yeah, I'm very rarely on IM programs anymore - the work on Chapter VIII being one of the primary reasons.  IM programs are so time-consuming that I mostly avoid using them unless I've really got nothing better to do.  But I'm always up for an e-mail!

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
Alright, doing so!

Just glad the map's coming out in the near future. Are there people still expecting it or has the fire for it died out?
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
No idea.  Interest usually gets rekindled whenever a new Chapter comes out.

I am faced with a somewhat painful decision though...

The original plan was not to release Chapter VIII when it was done - rather, when it's finished, I would also make the Prologue and Epilogue cinematics, then bundle it all together into a campaign file and release that.  Doing this will take some extra time (though not as long as making a whole Chapter, since I won't have to do much complex triggering or learn much 'new' stuff) but means that it's released in its final form.  I'm worried that if I release Chapter VIII withough doing the Prologue and Epilogue first, then once people have played Chapter VIII they'll lose interest and won't bother waiting for the (cinematic only) Prologue and Epilogue anymore (and/or won't feel like downloading the campaign file just to get them), and thus won't ever get to see the real finished product.

Considering how long it's been taking though, it's getting quite tempting to release Chapter VIII as soon as it's done anyway, to reward peoples' patience.

Which do you think would be the wiser course of action?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
I'd say wait. You're definitely right about people not wanting to download just a movie. Though I guess it really depends on how dedicated your fans are.

Personally, I'm probably going to wait to re-purchase WC3 till you have the campaign file done. That way I can play through the whole thing in one fell swoop with the prolouge and epilogue as well.

Offline Fei

• Banned
wait, whats TTBE about? =P

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
wait, whats TTBE about? =P

Har har.  :P

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Maybe have an un-official release of chapter VIII for dedicated fans, then later publish the finished product for consumption by the unwashed masses.  If that is feasible.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Maybe have an un-official release of chapter VIII for dedicated fans, then later publish the finished product for consumption by the unwashed masses.  If that is feasible.

This.