Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII  (Read 32491 times)

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VII
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2011, 10:33:44 AM »
Seemed fine to me.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »
The following things happened in my post:

- Faidth now has a Protection from Missiles spell on her, much like Soul Reaver's own one.  It won't be as strong though, since Soul Reaver isn't maintaining it as actively.  Still, it will considerably reduce the amount of fire that manages to reach her, and reduce the damage of anything that does.  It's totally useless against melee attacks though.  It normally has a moderate duration, but it might be shorter in Faidth's case.  Faidth can decide when it ends, though without some other action, it probably shouldn't last much longer than Soul Reaver's own one.
- Soul Reaver killed his Bloodthirster, suffering a few wounds in the process.

By the way Danyael, I decided to post for the Somnus swords that Danyael summoned around Soul Reaver - hope you don't mind.  I know they're directly under Danyael's control, but I didn't see exactly how it would work if you had to post for them and similarly I didn't think they'd just sit there and do nothing while Soul Reaver fights the Bloodthirster.  But let me know if it's an issue and I'll edit.

Awesome post, man.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2011, 05:53:33 PM »
Awesome post, man.

Thank you!  I used to play Warhammer as Chaos and sometimes took Bloodthirsters in my army, so I know how vicious they can be.

Even if that one time it got killed by a unit of goblins with spears...

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »
Just a heads up. Post might be a little late tonight. I have to do some running around.

Still missing posts from two people. You have till I post tonight to get a post up or you will be god-modded.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2011, 11:37:36 PM »
Will probably edit it. Then again, I don't think it'll do much good.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2011, 12:24:04 AM »
The post is coming tomorrow. :)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »
Sorry about that. "Tomorrow" was not supposed to be a abstract descriptor. The Battle Master has broken out the whip and such flagrant disregard for the definitions of words should not happen again. :(

Ahem... moving on... DEFILERS.

Giant crab-legged beasts. You're fighting three of them. I hope you enjoyed your god-mods in your last two posts because that stops now. We're back to the no-god mod rules, so you post your attacks and I tell you how successful they are. Despite this, I do not foresee this battle taking more then one series of posts unless you all focus on one Defiler for some reason. Between you guys, the Elementals, and Kalana, we should have this mini-battle wrapped up by my next post and be ready to move into the Labyrinth proper.

Please keep in mind that while yes, these are definitely standard Chaos units, their ability to ignore most pain and damage and the fact that they are currently heavily protected by the remaining Sorcerers means that they will not be push-overs. React accordingly.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »
Soul Reaver's figured out that the sorcerers are protecting the Defilers, and ignoring the defilers to attack the sorcerers instead.

He's cast a modfied Bladestorm spell (now more like blade rain) concentrated on the area occupied by the sorcerers.  The swords are sharp enough, and travelling fast enough, to punch through even power armour, so they're a real physical threat even to the chaos marines (though not likely to be much use against vehicle armour).

He's hoping it'll either kill a bunch of the sorcerers or force them to redirect their attentions to protecting themselves (rather than the Defilers), thus improving his allies' chances against the Defilers.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
One thing I may not have made clear is that the sorcerers are not ACTIVELY protecting the Defilers. They have knitted together powerful protective fields, but those do not need to be maintained. Therefore, they are free to act on their own accord currently, and killing them will not immediately weaken the Defiler's defenses.

Soul, feel free to edit if this negatively affects what you were planning to do. I will see about editing my post to clarify this.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2011, 05:17:31 AM »
Oh, bugger.  Yes, that does change things.  I'll delete my post and put something else up later.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 11:44:56 PM »
Ok, wrote up a new post.

Soul Reaver has picked the Easternmost Defiler to attack.

He's cast a Tremor spell, which creates a localized earthquake.  He's hoping the ensuing collapse of the ground and jabbing spires of rock will flip the Defiler over or at least disorient it enough that it'll have trouble aiming.

He's following this up by jumping straight at the Defiler and hoping to cleave through it.  Blooddrinker's energy-draining properties and unnaturally sharp edge should be more than sufficient to cut through its magical protections and armour.

If everything goes really well, the Defiler will flip over, Soul Reaver will land on its 'belly', and he'll gut it like a fish.

If things go badly, it'll still be standing rock-stedy and Soul Reaver will jump right into its line of fire.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »
Dang! I meant to get a post up before today. Unfortunately I didn't have time. I'll be out of the country without internet (probably) for a week. Won't be back until Tuesday. If you need to, god mod Kitharsis to defend himself or others until I can get back. If I get wifi I might be able to get something up from my phone so we'll see.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2011, 05:48:12 PM »
Okay guys. I was patiently waiting for someone other then Soul Reaver to post, and it looks like Jharm finally did. So I'm done waiting. You have until this time tomorrow to post or you will be god-modded. Sepher, if you are god-modded tomorrow, you will be removed from the battle.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 09:19:27 AM »
Ran into some PC issues, but should have a post up tonight. Thanks to everyone who posted their replies.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »
Okay. That was a long wait. Because I made you guys wait so long (and then ended up requiring a post from Faidth anyway) I am ditching the normal week limit on replies. I will wait two weeks this time before god-moding everyone. If everyone replies before the two weeks are up, I will go ahead and post, but if I am waiting on anyone I will wait till the end of that period to post. This will give everyone a chance to notice the update and reply.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2011, 09:11:09 PM »
Soul Reaver's been wounded, but he's successfully landed on the Defiler's stomach/undercarriage.  He now plans to plunge Blooddrinker into the Defiler and drag the sword its entire length (requring some painful maneouvering on his busted leg in the process).

Blooddrinker should be able to manage making such a cut, since the blade will likely 'eat' the protective enchantments where it hits the Defiler, and is more than sharp enough to cleave through its armour.

(By the way, are these summaries useful or are they overkill?)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:49:43 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2011, 12:07:42 AM »
I'm sorry to be a bit of a nudge... but I don't remember specifying Danyael's location within the ground, nor do I recall ever specifying that he was visible. So, if my stuff is being altered, how do I respond to it?  ???

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »
I'm sorry to be a bit of a nudge... but I don't remember specifying Danyael's location within the ground, nor do I recall ever specifying that he was visible. So, if my stuff is being altered, how do I respond to it?  ???

No one is "altering" anything. This was a mistake. Faidth was not aware that you had placed Danyael underground two posts ago. This is an unfortunate side affect of having two people posting as Battle Master instead of one. To correct this, I have removed any mention of the Defiler attacking you from Faidth's post. The rest of the post is accurate.

(By the way, are these summaries useful or are they overkill?)

The summaries are definitely useful. I actually wish more of you would do this, as it makes it much easier to ensure that we are replying to your actions correctly. Not saying it's absolutely necessary, but it helps.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:07:03 AM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »
If i missed something in my post, please let me know. Im trying to get caught up now.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2011, 12:19:27 AM »
Anyone who hasn't posted by Thursday will be god-modded.